Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forum with old threads and the web, online resellers say they have them in stock but they really can't get them.

My car is at a shop here in Orlando for the last two weeks and they can't find one, does anybody have any idea where to find a new or rebuilt 2001 water pump?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
I have a used pump I will sell for $150 and will bring it to Orlando tomorrow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a used pump I will sell for $150 and will bring it to Orlando tomorrow.
How many miles on the pump? I gotta call the shop in the morning and verify that it's not the thermostat sticking, will let you know as soon as I find out, thank you!

I did a quick check on rockauto and for 150$ you send them yours and they rebuild it, first time I've ever seen a service to rebuild a water pump though.

Check that out^^ didn't go through it but didn't say there weren't any available.
Yes I call them up, and they go through Cardone who rebuilds them IFFFff they have them available, so they couldn't tell me exactly. thanks though!

·
Registered
298 Posts
At Scharfs we have been keeping remans in stock, all though fedex has lost one, so we are -1 core now.

Napa, Cardone, Autozone etc do not actually have them, because no one has cores. we have 4-5 cores out waiting to to be returned out in space but some customers seem to be keeping them, which will raise the price of cores. we have 2 remans here on the shelf, but if no cores come back, we will have a hard time keeping any on the shelf in the future. We had charged $25 a core, rarely got one back, then $50, still not coming back.

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
Glad I kept my working '01 pump when I changed it out in '07 for shits n giggles. It's worth millions now :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
this is another part that i don't think there is a shortage of, but alot of gen2 people seem to keep all their bad parts, and that cuts the available core market to 0, and takes remans out of stock, and with new not available its a shortage again.

if all 5 people in the last 5-6 month turned there cores in we would have 7 in stock. and if fedex didn't loose a re-maned pump +1 more

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
So no one has "new" pumps? Regardless of what they are selling for?

And yeah, I'm way less likely to throw old broken parts away now then I was 8 years ago lol.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Damn. I used to keep take off parts; but, not so much anymore. I had bought a new Bosch water pump for my 2002 from Rock Auto or Amazon.com and no core charge a couple years ago; so, threw the old one away since I figured no one would want it.

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
damn. I used to keep take off parts; but, not so much anymore. I had bought a new bosch water pump for my 2002 from rock auto or amazon.com and no core charge a couple years ago; so, threw the old one away since i figured no one would want it.
you moran!!!!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I have two used front hub assemblies for a GMC 1/2 ton P/U on the garage floor though; so, mebbe only 50% mormon ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol yeah I keep spare parts as well, but wtf am I going to do with a set of headers from a '95 Mustang V6 from High School??? I need to go toss those...

So Mike is hooking me up with his pump, so glad I can at least get one quick, just bought the damn car and have only driven it like 4 times.:cursin:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Don't feel too bad, I've had mine a month and look what happened to it -_- at least yours wasn't your fault, and since you have a 2001, the water pump is pretty much expected to go anyways.

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
And let me guess, a '96 - '97 b/w car, the car expects the owner to break ths doors off?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
And let me guess, a '96 - '97 b/w car, the car expects the owner to break ths doors off?
Ub, I'm really sorry that happened to you buddy, but I have to admit, I haven't gotten so many laughs off of someone else's bad luck since Christopher Reeve tumbled off his horse.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts