Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone decided to make this car very race car and removed the Heater / AC and welded a plate to the fire wall. Making holes or doing whatever i have to do to add it wont be a issue but does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like. Looks like factory with the heater box removed. Also any under dash pictures where it comes through fire wall. I have the box and what looks like should be under dash tubing.

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,640 Posts
OP: The reason I asked, and for information content sake, is only 17 ACR's were built without A/C in 2000. If yours had been 1 of those 17, it would have been suggested to keep the current setup. Seeing as it's not an ACR, I redirect to my aforementioned wishes of "good luck" to your A/C reinstall project.

Then I don't give a shit what you do to it.
Good luck.
What if he just parked it on jack stands in the garage and let his cat buff the 17z?
Who does he think he is? Me?!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
OP: The reason I asked, and for information content sake, is only 17 ACR's were built without A/C in 2000. If yours had been 1 of those 17, it would have been suggested to keep the current setup. Seeing as it's not an ACR, I redirect to my aforementioned wishes of "good luck" to your A/C reinstall project.

Who does he think he is? Me?!
He doesn't have the heater either..................:D

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I would run from a car with no heat or AC but too late now. Hope you get it figured out....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s a salvage title twin turbo car that’s in pieces. I knew what I was getting into and the price is right. I ordered some service manuals so hopefully they have some images to help out some. This thing will be one hell of a project but I’d rather pay half for a car like this then full price and then have to modify it.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,065 Posts
Your Photo #3 shows the heater hose/valve penetration locations welded over. The CF panel covers the footbox area that the A/C evaporator & duct mount to. He probably did this to install a dry sump tank and it appears that he hacked away some of the footbox. You're going to need donor parts from a wrecked car to put that back together. PartsRack & Don Scharf Auto are going to be some of your best bets for those pieces.

Attached are the only quick photos I can come up with for you in a pinch. I can snap a few more this evening since the motor and trans are out.

Attachments

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T
1 - 20 of 33 Posts