Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2\" seat lowering this weekend...

Okay. 2’’ seat lowering kit is going into my snake this weekend. Any installation tips that I need to heed beyond the instructions that came with the set? (Northwind) I think I read that some of you added washers to raise the front a bit?

· Registered
2,138 Posts
Re: 2\" seat lowering this weekend...

Yep, add a few washers to the front mounts in order to give your legs some support from the seat. Otherwise, I felt as though I was sitting on the floor, resting on my ars and heals. It will be trial and error as to how many washers you end up installing. Start out with 4 or 5, and sit down to see if you need to add (or remove?) any more.
FYI: I'm 6'5", and if I remember correctly, I used eight or nine washers on each front mount. This effort was well worth the time it took do make this mod. Good Luck! :thumb:

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The kit is in and the test drive was awesome! :thumb: The 2” lowering really changes the perspective when I’m driving my snake now. (I’m 6’3”) Unfortunately, impending rain curtailed my drive so further driving will have to wait for another day.

As for the install, while easy on the face of it, for me it was a bit of a Chinese water torture. I followed the directions to the letter, but the manipulating of the posts to be just so, along with trying to add washers to the front posts was a bit like trying to juggle chainsaws. Anyway, after making a few test runs, I ended up adding 4 washers to the front posts to help ward off the feeling that you weren't seated in the seat as much as you would like.

The only real problem I ran across was getting the seat cushion clip to be clipped at the final step. Even with the two front bolts taken out, there wasn’t enough room for me to get my fingers under the seat, grab the clip and force it over the clip retainer - even if I rocked the entire seat assembly back as far as it would go! I ended up using a nylon strap that I threaded through the clip bezel in the lower seat assembly and then through the clip it’s self. I then slowly lowered the seat cushion making sure that the strap stayed centered until it was all the way down. With the two from floor bolts just slightly loosened, I then tugged on the strap. As soon as the clip popped, I then pulled the strap through and then tighten down the two front floor bolts.

Maybe I missed something with the install, but I can’t see how you can get that clip on otherwise. Short of having smaller hands.

· Registered
2,138 Posts

Yeah, that lower seat bottom clip is a bitch to get back on with the drop kit. Your pain reminded me of what I did. After struggling to get my hands under the seat for 10 minutes or so, I ended up using two nylon zip ties that I attached to the clip at each end (of the clip). This way I could just pull on them and the clip was able to snap in place. After the clip was locked on, I just snipped the zip ties off. Man was that easy!!! :nod:

Although it tip is a little too late for you GreenSnake, maybe it will help someone else out later. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.