Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have gone where no one has gone before...12psi on a Roe Blower. Now that sean has his intercooler I am sure someone else will be right behind me but for now I think I am the only one. The reason I was able to do this is because of a water/methanol system I have installed which has dropped my air intake temps dramatically. I have only driven my car a few times with the new pulley with no issues. Let me say that the air intake temp when driving around with my 8.5lb pulley was around 150-160 degrees and now it is between 180-200 degrees. I also had to increase the amount of water/methanol I am injecting to compensate for the increase in hp and temps.

I have not been to the dyno but I am running really rich, 10.5:1, so I have a little more tuning to do before I go to the dyno. SOTP is very impressive but I am not sure I picked up alot of peak hp but I do think I picked up substantial tq and hp in the lower rpms. When I returned from texas my car felt slow and now it feels like it did when I was in texas.

I did not change my timing when I increased my boost. I kept it the same so I should pick up some decent power. FYI, I have lower compression heads and 7.7 degrees advance in the midrange with no audible detonation. I do think there is more power on the table but I don't want to push the envelope anymore than I already have.

I did all of this in preparation for the vegas event. I am hoping to hit at least 145mph there in the quarter. We shall see. My new goals are a 9 second pass and the second blower car to hit 150 mph in the quarter (No wing installed)

BTW, I don't think there is but maybe another 1psi additional boost that I could possible run. There is not enough material on the pulley to turn it down more.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Utah,

Good Golly Miss Molly! /images/graemlins/shocked That's a lota boost even with the water/methanol system. Are you going to add Sean's intercooler to your car? Have you marketed your water/methanol system yet? Post your dyno sheets when available. Were all waiting!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We should have plenty of vipers at the vegas event. I don't think the blower will be efficient at much higher boost levels. 14-15 psi at sea level is about all shes got. I should be around 14 psi at sea level. In vegas I should probably be at 13psi.

These methanol systems are not quite ready for the general public but they will be during the summer. However, we are installing another prototype system on a creampuff for further testing this week. THe beauty of the system is that it acts as an intercooler($1000-1500) and a fuel system($1000-1500) for less than a $1000. I am hoping to dyno down in vegas march 19 so we saw see the improvements.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
hey Utah:
What else you got in the car now that gives you those numbers, 715RWHp and 756 RWTQ? I wish I can get there some day... :thumb:

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Nice work Utah - that car should really cut some numbers. I've got a feeling it'll lay down more than 715rwhp now. Good luck with that 9 second run - it's there to be had! :nod:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Bump for the God Father of Roe s/c and water/methonal :D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
he was giving tt vipers a run for their money back then.

nice bump tony. what was your mph again back then, when you piloted that beast? 149 in the 1/4?
I forget what I ran in Todds car in Tx.
The 149 mph was in Bowling Green at the V10 nats with Todd driving on BFG drag radials.

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
I remember the days when I use to run against someone besides Norm.

I remember Texas real well ....
I broke every drive line part I had, between the 2 days.

I am glad the brakeage is behind me now..... Thanks Jason Heffner!

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Is this car still around?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts