Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery went dead in my Viper. I charged the battery & now it won't start. When the battery went dead the keys were in it so I had to push the emergency exit button.

·
Registered
920 Posts
is the engine turning/cranking over but not firing, or are you just getting a clicking noise ? you probably just need a new battery, leaving the keys in wouldnt effect anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes its now turning over but doesnt sound like it wants to start earlier i pulled the emergency exit lever and wasnt sure if that causes fuel to shut off and/or does something also need reset since lever was pulled when i parked a few weeks ago everything was fine it started a liitle slow but fired up

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
sounds like the ever-popular alarm problem. does the 98 have the "key-hole" in the glove box to reset the alarm? if so, do that. Otherwise, disconnect the battery. wait, and then re-try.

JD

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Rb said:
Sounds liek the battery cable is LOOSE or is corroded. No amount of charging is going to crank that car, if the battery isnt connected to the starter!
Rb, it looks LIKE you still have to take a liek!

I am curious how a person who does not even own a Viper could possibly comment on a thread such as this. Do you even know where the battery and starter are in relationship to each other? Why don't you take your stalking ass the fuck out of here and leave for good! :idea:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
wgm1965 said:
yes its now turning over but doesnt sound like it wants to start earlier i pulled the emergency exit lever and wasnt sure if that causes fuel to shut off and/or does something also need reset since lever was pulled when i parked a few weeks ago everything was fine it started a liitle slow but fired up

WGM, I would also check the fuel pump relay in the driver side back by the amplifier. :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.