Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I removed the Hennessy off mine when I bought it and had it repaired and repainted. It was $1500 - but that was through a local pro who gave me a great deal - quarter panels, rear deck, and roof will all have to be repainted. I think the wing sold from here for like $650ish

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, if it's a Hennessey it's $4500 from Hennessey. Carbon Fiber and weighs about 1/10th of what you'd expect. I bought one because they look great. Gas mileage at 90mph suffered a 1.5 mpg loss over 55mph. My unspoilered GTS got exactly same mileage 55-100mph. I'd assume that means that the spoiler is creating enough downforce that the drag loses mileage. Great for road courses and high speed driving (except mile and straightline drags).

The wing should have a rubber gasket under it and only 4 small bolts holding it to the body. Has yours got the frame support inside the trunk?

I was told that Autoform makes an ABS spoiler similar for about $1700?

As far as the Blue/white ... most popular color after RED. If the car has headers instead of the cast iron exhaust manifolds and obviously the cast stock wheels have been replaced ... I'd be interested.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know of a low mileage mint 96 b/w that you could purchase. It haas not yet hit the market. Feel free to message me for details

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks better than mine when I picked it up....almost every part has been replaced over the past 8 months. Not meaning to thread highjack but goddamn this was a lot of work.
Then....

Now....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Why would he; it's a Hennessey car..

Personally, I would move on in my search for following reasons. It's fing ugly, unknowns about history, mods and maintenance, don't support a slime like Hennessey, there are others available, I'm assuming you don't *need one right now so can take your time.

Back when I was looking for one, I emailed the seller...in addition to putting that horrendous spoiler on the car, he didn't really seem to know a lot about the car.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts