Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. New here and looking to get my first viper. There is a local on for sale and it is a 1996 gts with 48k miles and is b/w. He is asking 36k for it. It has a Hennessy spoiler and 2009 wheels. Also has a custom interior I would change or trade back to stock. Has ported and polished heads and claims 507 to the wheels. I know there a fewer 96 gts's but trying to make sure I get a good deal

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do you know by chance if its been farted in? If so, how many times?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
The B/W demands a premium over the lesser desired colors, so if it checks out, then it might be a good deal, even with the mileage. Have a Viper tech or someone familiar with the cars check it over well... and yes, do a carfax just for giggles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Yeah, not a fan if the spoiler at all.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Back when I was looking for one, I emailed the seller...in addition to putting that horrendous spoiler on the car, he didn't really seem to know a lot about the car.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
what is the last four digits of the VIN number?

·
Registered
71 Posts
That car was available when I was looking for my Viper about a month ago. I didn't even reach out to the owner because for some reason I feel like the car was not taken care of. Who knows, but as the previous guy above me noted, the guy didn't know much about the car. Those are the cars I'm going to stay away from regardless of if it is a steal or not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok thanks guys. Have a line one three others so hopefully one will work out

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Might be a good car to low ball on if everyone is bailing on it. Whatever has been done can likely be undone. Offer him 5k less see what happens.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did. Offered him 30 he said 34. Gonna cost more than a couple grand to remove the spoiler and redo the seats. Found three others. One turned out to be salvaged and he was pissed. Another needs the rear end rebuilt which I'm ok with so I can change the gear ratio. And the other I'm just waiting to hear back. 98 gts, 97 gts, and 00 acr

·
Landscaping Professional
14,053 Posts
Missing fog light cover.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
34k isn't a bad place to be with that car. It looks straight in the pic.

Sell the wing at an import car show and trade those hideous wheels for something more appropriate to the car, like factory 17" wheels or the 99-02 18" wheels. Either version would look much better on a B/W.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts