Viper Alley banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the front "a mile high" on jack stands and need to get the rear up and level to change oil.

I know the only aft points are the sill/rocker panel jack points.

Since the rear is so low now, I'll have to start with the spare tire jack but was wondering how to get a floor jack to do the entire rear.

I haven't checked but a 4x4 that catches the frame rails might work with a floor jack - or a Harbor Freight Cross Beam?

NOTE: How I jack the front up:

1) Use spare tire jack
2) Take wheel off
3) Use floor jack from side with pump hand between rotor and inner fender

·
Registered
581 Posts
I used the exact jack attachment you have pictured before I got my 4-post lift. You can also jack the front without the spare tire jack if you get the long nose low-profile jack from Harbor Freight. It will reach the jacking point from the side of the car and allow you to then get another jacking to the front cross brace for lifting the entire front at once. Same goes for the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Landscaping Professional
13,809 Posts
I find it easier to only get one end high enough to get stands underneath, then move to the opposite end for the other pair of stands.

·
Sexist
43,344 Posts
After spending hours and hours and hours just putting the car on stands I strongly suggest buying some sort of lift. Lotsa choices today from portable to scissor, to single post, small four post, drive up, half-height, etc. Don't waste so much time with stands, get a lift. They are worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I always drove my gts up on 2x4s at both front tires. The 1.5” lift was just enough for my low-Pro jack to roll underneath the side sills. Lift from the rear first at the frame and catch with a jack stand. Move to the side sills and lift each side catching the frame with a jack stand.
Doesn’t take more than 5 mins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try to lift the back with a floor-jack from one side, and fix the car, and perform your oil change or any type of work. I had the same problem when I lowered my coupe and I can say at the beginning it was pretty problematic for me, and the problem was that my garage is uphill and it touched the ground pretty often. In my case, I had the Arcan ALJ3T Floor Jack, for me it is perfect nowadays too. I still use it for all our family cars and it lifts from my low car to my father's pick-up with no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts