Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1996 GTS has been difficult at start up since I uncovered it this Spring. It takes 2 or 3 tries to get her to fire up. Once started, it runs fine. It feels like a lack of fuel, and I have a bad feeling that that means the fuel pump. Any thoughts before I take a rather expensive trip to my Viper Tech?

·
Landscaping Professional
14,472 Posts
Yes, it's probably the fuel pump check valve - a part of the whole assembly. Until it's replaced, turn the key on for about 3-5 secs to let pressure build up before cranking.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vipernathan said:
The pump is pretty inexpensive and shouldn't be that much to change out. It's a 2 hour job for yur Viper tech.
Thanks for all the info. My tech says $544 for the pump and 3 hours for the swap. It could be worse, another Dodge dealer's service department quoted me $904 ($544 + 4 hours).

We have a big rally this weekend. Can't be having starting problems in front of all those Lambos and Ferraris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.