Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Nope you need to replasce the eem module (or whatever it is called) or at least find out what is causing the issue.

You can reset it but not posting it on a public forum that some have already.

·
Premium Member
20,172 Posts
Do you need a new security box?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a way to do away with the security system in my 1994 Viper?
The car will not start... I am sick of this.
I was just having the same issue. "ALARM SET" flash on the dash and alarm would kill the car to where it wouldn't start. I could reset the alarm with my key fob but the car would cut right out again when trying to start. I was checking everything! Relays, fuses, etc....Come to find out the problem had nothing to do with the alarm which seemed to be the culprit. But instead. Although everything looked ok. There was micro corrosion on the battery cable contact points (battery cable screws, screw washers, back end of neg battery cable that grounds to the frame & battery terminals) which was triggering the alarm / alarm set issue because of the lack of continuity. I used a Dremel with a small wire brush attachment to thoroughly clean those particular parts. Along with buying new terminal screws because the threads were showing wear on the old ones. Tightened everything back up. Reset the alarm and she fired right up. No more alarm or car starting issues. Hopefully your issue is also that simple.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts