Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I wussed out. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif Sure seemed a lot faster than my previous 165 mph run. Guess I will need a few more ponies to reach 200. Of course it was a closed track and perfect conditions. Car is running good with the heads/cam November Viperalley giveaway. Just gotta click off a good et at the track..........practice, practice, practice.

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
Yo Dawg, that's just sick! :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,788 Posts
SNAKBIT said:
you need a front splitter and a big-assed wing!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown:
No you don't! /images/graemlins/wink

And great show JDawg!

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
Wow - that is pretty damn fast... Street I think I have only had mine up to about 160... Track - only about 150 if memory serves me right going into that first insane corner at BIR... Thought I was going to start cutting trees...

:bowdown:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Man...I bet when you got out you were like "WOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Everytime I get back from a big run like that I look back at the car and think.....Damn, that piece of mechanical mayhem just rocketed me across the earth at XXX mph. /images/graemlins/shocked

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
Exactly - then you think of the one washer that could make things really interesting...

Last year at BIR - even though I torqued down THE NUTS /images/graemlins/laughing.gif after each race - I still managed to lose one... I thought that was pretty insane - and gives you an idea how much pressure you're putting on your car...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
J DAWG said:
and I wussed out. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif Sure seemed a lot faster than my previous 165 mph run. Guess I will need a few more ponies to reach 200. Of course it was a closed track and perfect conditions. Car is running good with the heads/cam November Viperalley giveaway. Just gotta click off a good et at the track..........practice, practice, practice.
John, don't you know you just did the european standard 300 KM/H run. They would love that! How does the RT/10 feel at that speed?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
LETHAL GTS said:
The difference between 165 and 180 is very noticeable.
I find that my GTS starts to lift after 165!
Lethal, your car must be set up wrong or have some type of alignment problems or the road you were on might have had the truck ruts which will make the car feel unstable. I have had the stock GTS topped out at 190+ and it felt fine on the proper surface. I would never attempt to do that kind of speed without perfect tire pressure and a fantastic road.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Paolo - If I recall, did you not top 201 mph in your car?

Anyone else exceed 201 in their Viper??

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
nice run John, ive yet to go above 165 so for now youve still got the stroke /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

BTW you easily have tens in that car, BG track sucked.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That speed is NUTS. When I raced the Hennessey TT car, I topped out at 8700 rpm in fifth gear (in my supra), which comes out to 207 mph! :eek: I didn't lift b/c I could see John's lights in my sideview mirror, and he wasn't lifting!
Peter

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Hey Peter, not sure if we hit 207, but I think we hit something over 190. I had you covered for most of that race but you got me at the end. That was too long ago, how about lets go again before it gets summer time hot. Let me know and go easy on me with that 1150 rw hp.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
John, on video, my tach read 8700 rpm in fifth gear. I actually walked by you (VERY SLOWLY) in fourth gear (100-160), and was ahead through all of fifth (160-207). I stayed in it b/c you stayed in it!!!! We'll set something up for late May. I plan to invite some turbo bikes, stock bikes, fast cars, etc... It'll be fun...
Peter

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
THOR said:
Paolo - If I recall, did you not top 201 mph in your car?

Anyone else exceed 201 in their Viper??

Thor, I hit the rev limiter @6200 RPM in 5th in 28 seconds. 213 MPH when you take into account the growth of the tire(26.23 inches) as compared to the 25.8 inches tall I measured. I guess the Tire Rack lists the diameter including growth of the tire at high speed. It was like nothing.

I am still waiting for Big bad Moundir to give me a link to his 200 MPH standing mile! :smooch:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Paolo what was the best mph your car in the 1/4 besides the Texas V10 nats where everyone seemed to run about 3-5 mph faster? Honest question..

G

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.