Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
estimated; what does an additional 100rwhp and 150rwtq equate to in an approximate time improvement in 1/4 mile? 2 tenths, 3 tenths?? is there some type of formula to get a rough idea on this for upgrades and proceeding expectations at the track??

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Not enough for you :nuts:

That would depend, if it was the first 100hp it would help alot more than the second 100hp. Your car......an additional 100....about 5/10's if you can hook it.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna find the dent in that armour tony tony and then im gonna pick away /images/graemlins/drive

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
At least I did give an answer/opinion :nod:

· Registered
3,318 Posts
I agree with the above. If your car was stock and you added 100rwhp then you might go from 12.0 to close to 11.0, but when you are already running mid 10's another 100 shot may only give you .3 to .5 tenths.

I would say a RT with a better than average driver would need close to 800 rwhp and a little more rwtq to get into the nines, but again the driver is the variable.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tony, i still love ya man :fist:

with nitrous; Is there a formula for TQ and HP? what i mean is; is there a standard to determine how much TQ will be obtained by knowing how much HP is available? or does it vary depending upon other mods, etc. so, if i have a 100 shot of NOS, should i expect it to also be 100TQ? 125TQ? ect

· Supporting Vendor
3,854 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
tony, i still love ya man :fist:

with nitrous; Is there a formula for TQ and HP? what i mean is; is there a standard to determine how much TQ will be obtained by knowing how much HP is available? or does it vary depending upon other mods, etc. so, if i have a 100 shot of NOS, should i expect it to also be 100TQ? 125TQ? ect
Yes the formula is that a wet nitrous shot will always make a lot more torque than it does hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.