Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rohn, here is one of the time slips we got from the track:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/Dyno.php

The rest of the test numbers will be in MOTOR TREND in a few months. A big thanks to John Myrick for giving us the opportunity to show what we can do with an Gen 3.

If you know John and ever get a chance to go for a ride in this car, take that opportunity as the car is really impressive.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
John all impressive numbers for your customers. Most of the fast and low ET's were with the Automatic, HUH, maybe it's time to look into one of them their automatic transmissions. /images/graemlins/yay.gif :nod: If you went back to the Viper 6 speed what would you guess would be the numbers? Then again why huh!
Rohn

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rohn,

Sure the auto allows our twins to put their power down in an awesome way. But we have also had many other successes and records with the 6-speed, including:

156 mph trap speed - twice (record)
10.01 ET's in 2 different Venom TT's (both records for no NOS)
146 mph trap speed, no NOS (record)

And another number I was happy to get was a 9.66 ET with the auto on 10 psi, no nos - this is the only 9 sec. pass made by any Viper without nos.

While all that sounds good, its really old news. The cool air is coming to Texas soon and we look forward to setting several new records, including low ET for 6-speed. I am sure you will be looking to do the same Rohn. Take care,

PS - anybody got any Advil?, my arm hurts from patting myself on the back!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Pat, pat, pat really never gets old. I enjoy me glory day's as we all do our own and their is nothing wrong with a self pat.
E-me when you go to the track I would love to watch your runs.
What are your plans if any to do a motor only Viper? After many years of selling 650R packages w/ nitrous it sounds like you would rather produce the TT and leave the nitrous to others. Would you rather build TT w/ an Auto or are your feelings indifferent towards either?

On another note
I have a good friend that just put up some dollars and is now part of the other 1/8 mile track in Houston. I think it is the old "Big H" track. What makes it good is that he will have the keys, as an owner and test n tune will be whenever, to cool.
see ya
Rohn

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rohn, maybe we can rent San Antonio and split the cost for our own private test sessions?

Trying some new ideas on a variety of all motor projects. Have not done any motor R&D in a long time as I wanted to get the turbo program moving first.

No particular satisfaction about the auto trans, except to know that it allows us to put the turbo power to the track.

Indeed, I have built and tested a lot of powerful Vipers over the years and none of them excite me like a twin turbo. Our twin turbo program has given me a new energy and excitement in my job. There is nothing like taking somebody who is used to fast cars and then give them a twin turbo ride. The impression is priceless. Just ask Anthony, Smokin, Ueligger, etc.

Keep me posted on the 1/8 mile track, sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey John, I have to admit, those are some really good times to be on radials. It looks like the 03's really put the power to the ground, just wondering which track did you go to?. The timeslip does not look like it was in San Antonio, because I would love to go to that track.
/images/graemlins/applause.gif

·
Out to lunch
10,516 Posts
Not to hyjack the thread but RSI950 how are you???? Thought you might make it to the alley GTG in Austin? I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

And BTW that is awsome John

Back to your regularly schedualed programing.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, it was San Antonio raceway. We did a private rental with the magazine. So they did give us some printed out time slips from the tower that are printed on a full page and not like the slip you get at the end of the track.

The car ran the best numbers on radials by bogging it out of the hole. 2200 rpm, dump clutch bog and go, as rpm's build tires spun some but overall, the car is able to use most of the 590 rw hp.

You should go to the track any Wed or Fri. This is the most Viper friendly track in the world. I ran 8.93 back in May in a 2001 GTS that did not even have a rollbar in it at the time. I was wearing shorts and a helmet. The tech guy came by and said, "Hey man, time for you to get a cage".

·
Out to lunch
10,516 Posts
John Hennessey said:
You should go to the track any Wed or Fri. This is the most Viper friendly track in the world. I ran 8.93 back in May in a 2001 GTS that did not even have a rollbar in it at the time. I was wearing shorts and a helmet. The tech guy came by and said, "Hey man, time for you to get a cage".

That is cool but you are Mr. Viper and you bring the national mags to their track. I bet the tech would beat me with a stick kick me out and make me buy my own damn coffee.

(just fuckin with you john) that car is sounding so awsome one day I will upgrade. (GEN3 coupe GEN3 coupe GEN3 coupe GEN3 coupe GEN3 coupe) My new prayer at night.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really dont like convertibles but this is one convertible I wish I owned. The SRT has really gown on me a lot. It is a serious drivers car much like the GTS is, but it has the just about the best brakes and headlights you can buy. Handling is superb. Add in 590 rw hp and it is a very very special car.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey Nohsreg, I am doing good. My wife got called in on that SAT to work so I had to take care of my 2 year old. I really wished that I could have gone. Looked like everybody had lots of fun /images/graemlins/cry.gif
I have been going to Military on Sundays and I did go to the Northside on friday, once. I have been looking for your car every night, because I hate being the only Viper out there. On a good note, Out of the 12 or so races I have had, I have not lost yet. I am trying my best to keep the Vipers ahead of the pack /images/graemlins/flipa.gif /images/graemlins/flipa.gif /images/graemlins/flipa.gif.
I hope to see you out there sometime, and don't worry about the cops, as long as you don't race on Military, you are fine, so come on out there..
John, again "VERY IMPRESSIVE"

·
Out to lunch
10,516 Posts
RSI950 said:
Hey Nohsreg, I am doing good. My wife got called in on that SAT to work so I had to take care of my 2 year old. I really wished that I could have gone. Looked like everybody had lots of fun /images/graemlins/cry.gif
I have been going to Military on Sundays and I did go to the Northside on friday, once. I have been looking for your car every night, because I hate being the only Viper out there. On a good note, Out of the 12 or so races I have had, I have not lost yet. I am trying my best to keep the Vipers ahead of the pack /images/graemlins/flipa.gif /images/graemlins/flipa.gif /images/graemlins/flipa.gif.
I hope to see you out there sometime, and don't worry about the cops, as long as you don't race on Military, you are fine, so come on out there..
John, again "VERY IMPRESSIVE"
I have not been out in the viper since the austin GTG. On the way home from Austin my thermostat gasket started to leak. I am still waffling between doing it myself and geting David Weaver to fix it when he is San Antonio at his shop here. Sorry you had to miss such a fun weekend in austin. We need to get together. Keep whoopin ass and keeping Vipers on top in San Antonio.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I feel for you, My buddy had a Gen 1 and he had to change the thermostat, and boy, what a PAIN IN THE ASS. To make matters worse he had to do it twice because it leaked after the first install. Let me know if you need some help, I did a lot of the work on mine before I took it to Houston.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts