Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got to take my nitrous injected cbr-929 out to the track last night with all my new found power. i am still running the stock wheelbase (55 inches) with the stock gearing and no launch aids (wheelie bar, dog bones, lowering straps, etc,) whatsoever. :screwy: the air temp last nyte was in the 80's. i was doin some monster wheelies out of the hole in 1st gear and when i shifted into 2nd i would set the front tire back on the ground and hit the nitrous when the bike would just wheelie so hard i would have to let of the nitrous to avoid flipping the bike. it was all i could do to shift the bike into 3rd gear to avoid hitting the rev limiter. once in 3rd gear i would hit the nitrous again and the bike would race thru the gear so quick i would bounce off the rev limiter before i shifted in to 4th gear. i was going thru the finish line at the top of 4th gear at speedo indicated 148 mph! hell yea!!!

i weighed my bike on the track scale last night and it came in at 425 pounds wet with 1.5 gallons of race fuel in the tank and open header (no mufller on the bike). i weigh 225 pound with gear on. i dyno'd 169 rwhp last month on a chassis dyno in phoenix spraying a 40 hp dry shot of nitrous. my best 60 foot time was 1.90 seconds. i am gonna re-gear the bike up +1 in the front and -3 in the rear. i would expect my et to drop another .23 seconds. this will also help me to reach a top speed of 190 indicated mph out on the freeway in 6th gear. i maxed the bike out last month on the freeway in 6th gear with the stock gearing and hit a indicated 175 mph. so with the new gearing i am gonna use the nitrous in 6th gear and go for 190 mph. :angel: the pic below was taken at my local dragstrip here in tucson, arizona. our track has a elevation of 3,100 feet above sea level. this pic was taken back when my bike was stock before i started modding it with drugs, etc. [image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/2162resized_3.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx 4 the reply bad vpr. my track elevation is 3100 feet above sea level. so according to my calculations my time would correct to 10.42 @ 143 mph down at a sea level track. if i could launch the thing in the 1.7 second region like i do on my turbo bike i would be in the low 10's. as u can see from my trap speed i got the power so like you say its just a matter of me getting my shit together. i will keep practicing you can count on that. i am having way too much fun on this bike /images/graemlins/pimp

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is a pic of my turbo bike. i run 8 lbs of boost thru my 1052 cc engine. i dyno'd 169 rwhp on this bike too. but then this bike has more torque than the cbr-929. it made 112 rwtq vs the cbr's 92 rwtq on the bottle. as u can see i use a wheelie bar with this bike and my best 1/4 time on this hoolie ride is 10.30 @ 140 mph with a 1.85 sixty foot time. again this was done at a track elevation of 3100 feet above sea level and this time would correct to 9.99 @ 143 mph down at a sea level track. this bike weighs 70 more lbs than the nitrous bike. my best sixty foot time ever on this bike was 1.77 seconds with the stock 170 series tire. i would do a 10 second burnout just to heat the tire and run 20 psi in it. i am having my wheel widened this summer and i am going to put a 190 series drag radial on it so i would expect my sixty foot times to drop another .12 seconds and my 1/4 mile times to come down another .25 seconds. what kind of bikes do u ride bad viper? i have a dirt bike and a cruzer too. [image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/216217_-_resized.jpg[/image]

·
Out to lunch
10,529 Posts
Besides the fact that all the inheritance or settlement in the world cant help you launch a bike worth a shit, In you infinite knowledge of all things, what does the mullet safety manual say about racing motorcycles in you Simpson car shoes with laces?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I didn't realize there was a mullet involved. Did you know that the NHRA does not require a mulleted rider to wear a helmet until they break into the nines or 150 mph due to the inherent safety of the added cranial covering? Or maybe they figue what's the use. Either way, think how much more comfortable that would be on hot days.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nohsreg, like you could launch a bike better than me. i am still waiting for you to post some evidence that you can do anything better than me. where is the pix of all your expertise nohsreg? at least post up a timeslip you wannabe. i am beginning to wonder if you even own a viper. all you do is reply to my posts with negative comments yet you never have any pix to back up your game. are you a poser? i never reply to your posts because you are not worth my time; but since you are once again trying to hijack my thread here with your short man complex. i figured i would let the viper alley know just how jealous you really are of me.

i see that you have made like 5000 posts on this site in the last year. wow, you must be a real keyboard racer. i think i have found something in which you beat me. i don't have time to make 5000 posts in 1 year because i work for a living. when i am not working i am at the race track and when i am not there i am having sex with all the hot chix who dig my long hair. it must suck to be you. but hey, keep replying to my posts and maybe you will learn something. in the meantime i suggest you get off the computer and go get yourself a job or are you just waiting on some sort of inheritance or settlement to come your way?

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/2162timeslip_2.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here is a pic of me 'out launchin' a suzuki gsrx-1100 on my old 1996 honda CBR-600 F3. this pic was taken back in 1997. this bike was the first street bike i ever owned. the only mods i had done to this bike was kerker header and muffler and dynojet jet kit for the carbs with K&N filter. this bike only made 100 horsepower to the rear wheel. the fastest time i ever ran on this bike was 11.88 @ 117 mph with a 1.85 sixty foot time. just think this $6,000 bike with just over a half liter in dispalcement could smoke my $90,000 stock viper gts-acr which has 15 times more displacement at 8.0 litres. makes me sick. how bout you

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/216211-_resized-med.jpg[/image]

·
The Burn Clinic
12,779 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
when i am not working i am at the race track and when i am not there i am having sex with all the hot chix who dig my long hair.
This is CLASSIC!

·
Hooray for me, & fuck you
7,863 Posts
Smackie said:
Fast Freddy said:
when i am not working i am at the race track and when i am not there i am having sex with all the hot chix who dig my long hair.
This is CLASSIC!

huahahaha.. holy shit.. i thought this was a fake quote until i read back up..

this and the 'NHRA not requiring mullet coverage over 10 secs' take make this best-of material already

·
Hooray for me, & fuck you
7,863 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
this bike only made 100 horsepower to the rear wheel.

just think this $6,000 bike with just over a half liter in dispalcement could smoke my $90,000 stock viper gts-acr. makes me sick. how bout you
wow.. with 100 HP and 600lbs its odd that it could beat a 3500lb car with 500HP.. makes me sick too.. wait..

loosen the mullet.. its too tight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts