Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vipers took 1,2,3 out of 85 cars!!

.Org thread

We sold one of the top finishers RT/10 last month to superbar. He has a SVSi GTS that was either 1st or 2cd in the event and hit 200 mph! :bowdown:

He has a set up that no one has seen yet, somthing like 12 throttle bodies on a heavily supercharged GTS. He says it blows away whats out there now. Looks like he did pretty good. Glad everyone was safe and extremely glad that the Vipers did a 1,2,3, finish.

Where are the Vette guys now?

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I heard it uses aviation-grade turbo fluid. Of course, that's not much different from your standard 3-in-1 oil. Yep. Ball bearings, gauze pads, and 3-in-1 oil, same thing Ferrari put in the twin-turbo F60.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Congrats to those who ran. It takes bollocks to flat foot a Viper for an entire mile, stock or modified.

Now that somebody beat my personal best in the mile of 197.8 mph (670 rw hp), then this gives me something new to go and compete at.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
Yeah I dont get it, if John can get to 197mph with only 670 how come the 1400hp beast only got 200mph and Paolo's car who is prob making around 850rwhp only hit 192mph /images/graemlins/freak3.gif

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Moundir - the conditions of any track can greatly effect the numbers. We dont know the altitude, air temp and humidity or if the road was uphill. Any wind component can greatly effect speeds too. A 10 mph head wind can easily slow a car by 10 mph.

Dont worry about "why didnt these cars go 230 in the mile", just understand that they beat the previous record of 183 held by a Corvette from last year.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
Makes sence John, I was also thinking that maybe your aero kit had something to do with your top speed in the mile. I will be trying an unofficial 1 mile run this oct when I pick up my car from Dlm /images/graemlins/headbang.gif Now to find someone dumb enough to come along for the ride to video tape it :lolcry:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hey When in oct Mike ? I am going to be in S.florida for the first week of oct. ;o)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts