Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
i'm new to the forum but wanted to ask this question,

Will a T56 from a 2006 viper fit into a 2005 RAM srt10 without issue?

any expert advice would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
No. Output shaft on the RAM is bigger. Obviously takes a different shifter too. It will bolt up no problem, but you'd need to change the output yoke to the smaller Viper one. Also the RAM T56 have hardened gears.

·
Premium Member
19,662 Posts
I have a Ram t56 for sale. Not cheap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. Output shaft on the RAM is bigger. Obviously takes a different shifter too. It will bolt up no problem, but you'd need to change the output yoke to the smaller Viper one. Also the RAM T56 have hardened gears.
Ok, thanks. I have my original tranny from the truck but it needs a complete rebuild, unfortunately that what I got when I bought it recently. I can swap output yoke from my original to make it work then that would buy me some time to rebuild the original. Parts are scarce and I don’t want it layed up all summer.
So I guess if I do that I’d be alright even tho I don’t have the hardened gears, I don’t drive it hard anyways. I can get the viper trans for a good price with about 40k on it.

·
Premium Member
19,662 Posts
It's original. 24k miles. $4500 plus shipping

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Check around to some of these local junk yards. Sometimes these locals do not know what they have. Case in point.....I picked up my SRT RAM T56 at a local Ocala Fl wrecking yard for $1400.00 no exchange. They thought a T56 was a T56...dime a dozen to them. I was shocked and simply said "Thank you Sir...that will be fine"....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check around to some of these local junk yards. Sometimes these locals do not know what they have. Case in point.....I picked up my SRT RAM T56 at a local Ocala Fl wrecking yard for $1400.00 no exchange. They thought a T56 was a T56...dime a dozen to them. I was shocked and simply said "Thank you Sir...that will be fine"....
I managed to find one, it was a weekend of driving but just dropped it off at the shop to have it installed.. Fingers crossed!!
thanks for the advice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts