Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'06 vert? Any news on changes? Vette guy making the leap - want advice ..

Folks, vette guy here making the transition. My question is this, is there any reason for waiting on the '06 vert? Or, will the car go unchanged?

I cannot seem to find anything about next year's car ('cept the new coupe). Do the wheels change yearly if nothing else?

This will be my last summer in my BB '68 vette, sad to let her go but need a change. So I will buy at the end of the summer based on my response here.

Thanks,

Ken Lally
VA

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Re: \'06 vert? Any news on changes? Vette guy making the leap - want advice ..

There are so many SRT's sitting around in surplus there will be no 06 SRT-10's. They are simply doing a "Continuation series" of the "classic" 2004's. The cars will come with a commemmorative "didn't sell" dash plaque and a Depreciation Club of America windbreaker.

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts

I doubt there will be a horsepower bump at this point in 2006. I wouldn't buy a new convertible; the prices are unsteady now and are sure to plummet further once the Coupe and Z06 come out. I'd buy a nice used one. You can *always* find a low miles, well-cared for example from the 30+ set. Most folks only drive a few thousand miles a year, and most folks break them in right and maintain them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Craig201mph,

Thanks much for the info- question is, are you serious? There seems to be more sarcasm on this forum than in the vette world :)

Based on your comment, should I wait till '07 (changes??), negotiate under MSRP, or go used like the other post, I really want this car new since for once in my existence I can afford it.

+ if I wait I may not like the next style ... I am totally aware of the new Z06, and would consider if it were a vert, so I do hope the prices drop, however I do not know dealers willing to drop their pants on the Viper. Not here in Northern VA anyway.

KL

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

I was being sarcastic, welcome to the alley. :D

What are the stats on your vette??? How much? You can PM me if you want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Vette is an overwhelmingly beautiful car - it takes your breath away, build to my personal taste...

'68 convertible completely restored , triple black L88 hood, fat (for old vettes)295 rear wheels, side pipes

425 HP motor build by AR racing (most vette guys know these engine builders)

Totally modern suspension completely updated.

Perfect interior, perfect brightwork (chrome)

over 50K spent on a car that can prob never sell for more than 25-28K. That is the way it is in the classic world with vettes, if not original, then not $$.

After the show season ends I will entertain bids greater than 25K.

Thanks for asking, and if you know anything about the '06 Viper I am absorbing everything right now trying to get up-to-speed....

KL

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

Craig201MPH said:
There are so many SRT's sitting around in surplus there will be no 06 SRT-10's. They are simply doing a "Continuation series" of the "classic" 2004's. The cars will come with a commemmorative "didn't sell" dash plaque and a Depreciation Club of America windbreaker.
================================================================================Craig, I really want one of those commemorative "didn't sell" dash plaque's, can you help me out!!!! That is too fucking funny!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION
2004 PORSCHE 996 TT CAB (SOLD)
2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

·
Registered
6,597 Posts

My sources at Dodge tell me that the '06 SRT vert will be just as ugly as the '05. So save money and buy the '05 now. Plus the "did not sell" dash plaques will not be available on the '06's. Instead they will be giving away a Ginsu knife set with each Viper.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts

Ken Lally said:
so I do hope the prices drop, however I do not know dealers willing to drop their pants on the Viper. Not here in Northern VA anyway.

KL
I'll be willing to drop my pants on a new Viper and drop a big ol' turd on the hood. It's ugly for me to poop on!!!!!

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts

Lally, you owe it to yourself to find someone with the VCA in your area. And you owe it to yourself to take a look at some of the used SRTs you can find for a steal. You can find ones that look new, and run better than new, for 20,000 less than your local dealer is asking. You can even spend that 20,000 on a new turbocharger package, and be well ahead in the game.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

Schill said:
Lally, you owe it to yourself to find someone with the VCA in your area. And you owe it to yourself to take a look at some of the used SRTs you can find for a steal. You can find ones that look new, and run better than new, for 20,000 less than your local dealer is asking. You can even spend that 20,000 on a new turbocharger package, and be well ahead in the game.
================================================================================
$20,000 for a TURBO PACKAGE???? That just dosen't sound accurate. :headscratch:
================================================================================
2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

KRAZYPSI said:
================================================================================Craig, I really want one of those commemorative "didn't sell" dash plaque's, can you help me out!!!! That is too fucking funny!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

I can have one custom made for you if you want :D Your car is all engine so it is not included in any blanket statements I make from this point forward. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Schill,

I have no prob looking at used cars- it is just that their problems become my problems. Had a bad experience with a Ferrari 308 GTS...

With my vette previous problems were not problems as I planned and executed a restoration..

Thanks much for your advice, I guess no one really knows too much about the '06 or any pending changes...

BTW, are there other Viper sites?

And why do some folks hate the latest style? Is it too much deviation from the grass-roots look of the first Vipers?

KL

·
Registered
12,247 Posts

Ken Lally said:
...Had a bad experience with a Ferrari 308 GTS...

KL
OOOF!

OUCH!!

Welcome to the site! Hope to see those pics of your classic Vette online soon!

HURRY THA HELL UP CHAD!!

Welcome!!

Jay K.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Schills-

WOW- I see what you mean, about pricing. Went to official site and saw some '03s w/ low 2-3K mls aro 20K less than new '05. Unbelievable..

I guess I have to consider this...

Thanks again,

Ken

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.