Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had the problem of their throttle sticking at 1000, 1100 or
1200 rpm's. It's intermittent and I can kick it back down by tapping the pedal.
Appreciate any help before my mechanic wants to change the throttle body.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Big difference between the throttle "sticking", and rpms high. If the throttle blades are returned to their set location while this is happening,then they're not "sticking". A big issue with the gen3's is the IAC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big difference between the throttle "sticking", and rpms high. If the throttle blades are returned to their set location while this is happening,then they're not "sticking". A big issue with the gen3's is the IAC.
What is IAC?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Reactions: HughJass

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I just don't understand how I can just tap the pedal and the idle returns to normal.
I'll look into the IAC.
Thanks.
Since you are clueless about cars, hire someone that knows what he's doing.
Thanks for all your help dickhead. I can see your a great person who goes out their way to help others. Already replaced the valve..

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Could be a dead spot in the TPS sensor.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,065 Posts
Could also be varnish on the throttle plate. Lots of engines including the Gen 2 Viper have a 2-step return to idle programmed into the ECU so they don't stall when the throttle slams shut.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks. I just don't understand how I can just tap the pedal and the idle returns to normal.
I'll look into the IAC.

Thanks.

Thanks for all your help dickhead. I can see your a great person who goes out their way to help others. Already replaced the valve..
Maybe you installed it backwards...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts