Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light has been on ever since I put my headers on a while back. The codes that it is throwing are:

135 02 Sensor Circuit no activity detected bank 1 sensor 1

and

155 02 Sensor Heater circuit malfunction bank 2 sensor 1

I did some searches but didnt come up with anything. I still have the cats in the car and am assuming that the 02 sensors that are triggering the codes are the first ones off the headers? I am going to put it on the rack tomorrow but though maybe I could get some insight first from anyone.

I had a Mopar PCM in the car but then was told that it was out of an ACR and I just have a regular GTS. I took it out but it still throws the codes. Could the 02's just got carbon build up from it possibly or do they need to be replaced possibly?

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Hmm, I haven't run into this, but it seems some owners actually take the headers to a welder and move the 02 "bung" further down streem to get a more accurate reading of the exhaust. That could be your answer.

Have you tried replacing the 02's yet? They can be expensive, got a friend you can "borrow" theirs for a couple hours? They are easy to take on and off.. If not, it's ALWAYS good to have a spare set of 02's.

Do you have simms in place of the rear 02's?

Good Luck..

Gerald

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jack B said:
Have someone with a scan tool look at he output - that will tell all. Better yet, call Sean Roe and order a scan tool and look yourself
Ummmmmmm do you even read the posts??????

My check engine light has been on ever since I put my headers on a while back. The codes that it is throwing are:

135 02 Sensor Circuit no activity detected bank 1 sensor 1

and

155 02 Sensor Heater circuit malfunction bank 2 sensor 1

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gerald said:
Hmm, I haven't run into this, but it seems some owners actually take the headers to a welder and move the 02 "bung" further down streem to get a more accurate reading of the exhaust. That could be your answer.

Have you tried replacing the 02's yet? They can be expensive, got a friend you can "borrow" theirs for a couple hours? They are easy to take on and off.. If not, it's ALWAYS good to have a spare set of 02's.

Do you have simms in place of the rear 02's?

Good Luck..

Gerald
G....Both of those ideas are great. My friend who owns an exhaust shop and a viper said no problem to both of those suggestions....

·
Registered
863 Posts
"Ummmmmmm do you even read the posts??????"

Yes I read your post, if you understood the control scheme and basic mechanism of the O2 circuit you would have understood my post. You could have damaged the O2's, connector and/or the wiring. The scan tool and values of the log will give you a place to start or an exact answer. I can hook up the scan tool in two minutes and give you an answer, but, if you prefer to waste a lot of time feel free - just trying to help.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jack B said:
"Ummmmmmm do you even read the posts??????"

Yes I read your post, if you understood the control scheme and basic mechanism of the O2 circuit you would have understood my post. You could have damaged the O2's, connector and/or the wiring. The scan tool and values of the log will give you a place to start or an exact answer. I can hook up the scan tool in two minutes and give you an answer, but, if you prefer to waste a lot of time feel free - just trying to help.

I already have a scan tool and that is the output it gave me. I know the reason of whats wrong but need a fix for the problem. Not that it matters now because I put my other re-worked Mopar computer in and it is working fine now.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
ViperGTS2000,

This post is over at the viperclub.org, I thought it would pertain to your situation..

JD,

I am somewhat confused on what year PCM you were having the problem with? In 2000 they changed the "warm up" time for the 02 sensors to become active for emissions. If you had a 2000 or newer PCM running Belanger Headers that is your problem. The location of the 02 is on the collector and would need to be moved closer to the head. Your car is a 1999 so I did not originally think that would be your problem. The Performance PCM does not require the quick warm up.

--------------------
Jerry Dobson
VP Viper Club of America Kansas City Region
VP Ferrari Club of America Kansas City Chapter

·
Registered
863 Posts
ViperGTS2000:

I should have been more specific, if your scan tool has graphing capability I would look at output voltage across the O2's. I had an O2 code pop up, the graph showed that the rear O2 voltage did not change. In my case it was a blown fuse to the O2 heater circuit. You are right the codes don't say too much. In your case it is the front O2's.

You can also look at the short and long term adaptives to verify the O2's are functional. If your long term adaptives are maxed out you know that the O2's could be the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.