Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'02 RT/10 on street tires ran 11.71 @ 118 today

I broke an output shaft on my TT Z06 today on the first burnout so the snake got a good workout. I mangaged a bunch of runs in 11.8x - 11.9x range. But the best run came when I raced against Dimitrios in his snake:

R/T .008
60' 1.71
1/8 7.544 @ 93.64
1/4 11.713 @ 118.48

This car is awesome!!! BONE STOCK ON STREET TIRES!!!!

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Re: \'02 RT/10 on street tires ran 11.71 @ 118 today

again man, that is fantastic times. what color is the car, silver? gotta be if it runs that damn good

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

V10 MOJO said:
again man, that is fantastic times. what color is the car, silver? gotta be if it runs that damn good
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif Hell, no. That biatch is Sapphire Blue. It has some SILVER flake in the paint from all the silver cars she's chewed up and spit back out /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,494 Posts

awesome times from a great driver, but I have a sapphire and I was under the impression that it was only a 2001 color???

your post says 02, but your sig says 2001.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

Paul said:
I broke an output shaft on my TT Z06 today on the first burnout so the snake got a good workout. I mangaged a bunch of runs in 11.8x - 11.9x range. But the best run came when I raced against Dimitrios in his snake:

R/T .008
60' 1.71
1/8 7.544 @ 93.64
1/4 11.713 @ 118.48

This car is awesome!!! BONE STOCK ON STREET TIRES!!!!

Paul
Hey Paul:
So are you saying that in your TT Z06 you ran 11.8x-11.9x? And a stock R/T10 went faster than your TTZ06? Just trying to clarify what you said.

·
Registered
24,056 Posts

lol...now I know who ya are.....way to drive.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts

see, and i was just tryin to be nice and boost up that confidence. now i gotta whup ya on the track /images/graemlins/toothy

bring that TT to Atco, i wanna taste some high power vette, its been a while and my baby is hungry /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Landscaping Professional
14,339 Posts

Sounds like some good air and track prep. Great numbers, man!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

J Dawg, I fucked up on the post title. My Viper is an '01. My Z is an '02. Sorry. Yes, Sapphire was only available in 2001.

KingViper, I never made a single run in the Z06 because the output shaft broke on the first burnout. I made 11.8x - 11.9x runs in the Viper. The fastest time in the Z right now is 10.44 @ 140 mph. Still not in the 9s because I keep braking shit.

Tires are Pilots NOT drag radials. I have the video I just need to convert it and post it. Track prep was great, as usual. Nothing surprising about Atco track prep. Outstanding!

Mojo, bring it on biatch. You better be there, though. I have just enough room on my fender for one last dead snake sticker ;-)

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

Hey Paul, ya know I gotta just bust your balls now....hahaa.....I guess my car is faster than the Z after all. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif (As of this very exact minute!) Unless that thing produces enough boost to 'blow' itself down the track. :rofl:

All kidding aside, very nice run in the RT! That 60' on stock tires is unreal! How well was the track prepped?

I hope you get the Z up and running soon. A lot of people waiting to see it run the numbers. Obviously you can pilot the car down the track well....just need a healthy car.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

ROLLMODEL said:
Hey Paul, ya know I gotta just bust your balls now....hahaa.....I guess my car is faster than the Z after all. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif (As of this very exact minute!) Unless that thing produces enough boost to 'blow' itself down the track. :rofl:

All kidding aside, very nice run in the RT! That 60' on stock tires is unreal! How well was the track prepped?

I hope you get the Z up and running soon. A lot of people waiting to see it run the numbers. Obviously you can pilot the car down the track well....just need a healthy car.

:cheers:
Nice. Kick me when I'm down. It's bad enough I feel like shit that my Z is constantly in the shop, now I got Viper Alley jackasses busting my balls about it /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Yup, my Z puts down a whopping 0 rwhp / 0 rwtq right now.

Thanks, dude. Track prep at Atco is always OUTSTANDING. 5 cars broke yesterday. Each one had drivetrain issues. 2 guys broke output shafts, 1 rear, and 2 driveshafts. Cars were deadhooking off the line.

Cartek (my tuner) is waiting on a custom output shaft that should be here within 2 weeks. This will greatly improve my chances of staying together.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts

wow...nice run!

So why is it that the 00+'s seem to run high 11's. They are rated and are basicly the same as the other vipers. I read a artical from car and driver where a 01 ACR ran [email protected] True the older gen II vipers have the "better" cams. Many times when I goto the drags I see GTS's running mid 12's (12.4-12.7) all day long. Is this viper just a factory freak or was it because of really great track prep??? I kow pacific raceways track prep is horible.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts

Some of it's in the car, and some of it is the driver. I ran 11.4 @ 125mph in my car on drag radials. My car wasn't stock, but all it had was muffler/cat delete, which netted me 8hp and no torque. Some cars run better than others, and some guys drive better than others. /images/graemlins/wink

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

BigCarrot said:
Some of it's in the car, and some of it is the driver. I ran 11.4 @ 125mph in my car on drag radials. My car wasn't stock, but all it had was muffler/cat delete, which netted me 8hp and no torque. Some cars run better than others, and some guys drive better than others. /images/graemlins/wink
That's a very good e.t. and even more impressive trap speed for a car with just an exhaust change. I think I could've done better on Monday. Running with the top off was killing the drag and the head wind didn't help either. I'm hoping for 11.5s on November 13th Vette vs Viper shootout.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.