Hennessey Motor Sports / Hennessey Performance / John Hennessey - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Vendors & Tuners
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Vendors & Tuners Discussion threads relating to Vendors or Tuners.

Hennessey Motor Sports / Hennessey Performance / John Hennessey

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 23rd, 2003, 12:13 PM   #1
Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation with 546 points

This thread is for feedback concerning John Hennesey, Hennessey Motor Sports and Hennessey Performance located in Houston, Texas. Please try to keep posts to factual information only.

Customer's Vendor Reviews and Rating should be posted at the Hennesey Review:

https://www.viperalley.com/viperrev/s...php?product=15
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Hennessey Motor Sports / Hennessey Performance / John Hennessey
Old May 23rd, 2003, 03:43 PM   #2
Landscaping Professional

GTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 pointsGTS Dean is not afraid of bears with 63138 points

JPH has treated me fairly on several transactions. However, I have not spent much money on mods in general. I feel hot-rodding Vipers is too expensive compared to other cars and I spend mod $ carefully and deliberately. HMS work product ranges from exemplary to highly questionable.

Remember, it's your money until the cash register rings. Be careful.

Old August 5th, 2003, 10:44 PM   #3
Diamond Supporter

King GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 pointsKing GTS is not afraid of bears with 8590 points

I don't think I need to tell everyone how happy I was with both my Venom's that John built for me. Nor do I need to tell everyone how smooth both transactions went. I will however share that when I was trying to sell each of those Vipers, one in 1997 and the other in 2001, John probably talked to about 10 different prosepctive buyers, in about 10 different States for me. Even gave one guy his personal cell number to answer all of his questions. That took up a tremendous amount of his time I'm sure. And to top it all off, none of them ended up buying those cars. Longer story short? He definitely went the extra mile for me when I know he didn't have to. If he's half as busy as I am, I don't even see how he did it at all. He backed his product & helped me out in a major way.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 07:39 PM   #4
Irredeemable

getbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 pointsgetbit is not afraid of bears with 23735 points

John did the same for me. He finished my car on time and I NEVER had a problem with it. My 650R ran strong and John checked in with me DAILY while my Viper was in his shop, and long after I received it. When it came time for me to part with my baby, John did speak to a number of interested parties for me. He spent much personal time answer all the questions that tire kickers and buyers can dish out.
I am very glad to see John making good on his promises to others now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	138117-DSC00006a.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	518  

Old October 3rd, 2003, 05:22 PM   #5

Anthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 pointsAnthony - 98 GTS is not afraid of bears with 10391 points

I can't express enough how pleased I am with my experience with Hennessey and my Venom 700R. After modifying my Viper over two years and having problems with my previous motor - Hennessey renewed by excitement of owning and driving my Viper.

Hennessey quoted me a price up front and in writing and my bill was exactly what was quoted. The guys at the shop (Nick, Allen and Victor) finished my car ahead of schedule, paid great attention to detail and delivered performance beyond my expectations.

John Hennessey kept in constant communication and I always knew the status of parts, machine work and the expected completion date.

If anyone is ever in the Houston area - I would be more than happy to take then for a ride in my Venom 700R.

Old October 11th, 2003, 10:16 PM   #6
Boostaholic

Venumish is unremarkable with 10 points

I have the hennessey headers and cant be happier with the quality and sound !!

Old August 12th, 2004, 11:12 AM   #7

srt10x3 is a B-Teamer with 70 points

Just a quick note from someone with first hand knowledge. I've sent 2 SRT/10 RAM Viper trucks to Hennessey. Transactions went very smooth. One is complete with the Venom 800 upgrade (dyno number matched what I was expecting and promised completion date was ahead of schedule). The other is a CID upgrade Stroker motor, which should be completed in a few weeks. John has been very helpful in answering all my newbie questions. I get updates via email and phone 2-5 times per week. My calls are returned within one day (if not answered immediately). I've spent almost $100K with Hennessey Performance and am very satisfied to date. I will definitely be sending him another couple of Vehicles in the coming months.

Craig

Old August 12th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #8
Schadenfreude Connoisseur

Smokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 points

John has helped me out on several occasions. He has graciously offered use of his facilities and has helped with minor issues on my GTS. Moroever his knowledgebase, willingness to help, and dedication to making outrageously fast vipers makes him a definite great tuner to consider when shopping for a viper tuner.

Old August 12th, 2004, 04:25 PM   #9

Torquenstein is unremarkable with 10 points

I have been doing business with John Hennessey for about a year now and have nothing but great things to say about him, his shop and his work. All Excellent. I sent him my SRT last year for the Venom 650r upgrade. He kept me informed off all the progress on it and when it was done It was awesome!!

I now have a second SRT since I crashed my original one in Morocco during the Gumball 3000 Rally in May. This SRT is going back to Hennessey's for another upgrade as well.

I highly recommend Hennessey Motorsports to anyone who is looking to upgrade there Viper or any other car they have.

Old August 14th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #10

BLEBYU made Varsity with 940 pointsBLEBYU made Varsity with 940 pointsBLEBYU made Varsity with 940 pointsBLEBYU made Varsity with 940 pointsBLEBYU made Varsity with 940 pointsBLEBYU made Varsity with 940 pointsBLEBYU made Varsity with 940 pointsBLEBYU made Varsity with 940 points

John Did a great Job of taking care of me when I needed to get the wing for my car.
Shipping was fast, and the wing was perfect. It was a nice piece. [img]/images/graemlins/smiles[/img]
Thanks John! :thumb:
[image]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/BLEBYU588/blebyu.jpg[/image]

Old August 14th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #11

BigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 pointsBigCarrot is not afraid of bears with 4100 points

Much unlike a couple of the big tuners that aren't willing to help you unless you sign over your lotto winnings, John Hennessey has given me great advice about my car on several occasions. I have no negative comments whatsoever. WHEN I do decide to go with a radical setup for my car, it will be on a truck to Houston. John makes explosive power in cars that don't explode! [img]/images/graemlins/thumb1[/img]

Old August 14th, 2004, 03:40 PM   #12
Vipers should be DRIVEN !

Cudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 pointsCudaman is not afraid of bears with 6727 points
Send a message via AIM to Cudaman

I purchased a stock transmission at the Texas V-10 Nationals and John had Nick from his shop , help Larry Macedo install it. This transmission preformed flawlessly. I just wish I would have purchased my 1/2 shafts from him. I had his "stock" transmission in my Viper for many miles and numerous passes. My car develops a little more power than stock.

Thanks John.

Cudaman

Old August 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #13

Venom 1000TT is unremarkable with 10 points

Been doing business & known John over 2 years. At 1st I was going to go with LPE but had no personal touch & frustrated results. John contacted me personally about going with him for my car tuning. I was going to go naturally aspirated but thank goodness we couldn't find a crank & that's when John suggested twin turbo. Great suggeston! No regrets! He went out of his way to bring the car to VOI7 for me to use even though the car wasn't yet finished. And then he took it back with him & got it done! Best part about John & his business is the personal communication with him & his mechanics & of course, the results he gives! :thumb:

Old August 14th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #14

J DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 pointsJ DAWG is not afraid of bears with 2550 points

John was very helpful and spent time helping me pick out a cam grind that suited my needs. The cam arrived as promised and performs great.

He has always answered the phone and taken time to help me thru several mechanical issues. Thanks.

John

Old August 14th, 2004, 10:47 PM   #15
Enthusiast

Mike Adams is unremarkable with 10 points

John has always helped me when needed with advise and parts !! He knows how to make a viper fast

Old August 15th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #16

Dr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsDr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsDr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsDr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsDr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 points

I purchased a Hennessey wing from John which I Loved!!! the WIng makes a incredible look for the VIper!

I ordered and Recieved it within a few days as promised. HMS products have proven to me to be top Notch.

[image]https://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/174P2270077-med.JPG[/image]

[image]https://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/174DSC_0042-med.JPG[/image]

Old August 15th, 2004, 07:48 PM   #17

jkracer is well liked with 220 pointsjkracer is well liked with 220 pointsjkracer is well liked with 220 points

David
is the wing for sale or after the races are you going to install it again?

rohn

Old August 15th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #18

MacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 points

John Hennessey and I have been friends for many years and John has always been there for me when I needed Viper parts. We recently had a great transaction for a local member and the client completely loves his new Turbo Viper.
Actually, when it comes right down to it, I owe John money and he doesn't harass me about paying him back. That is what friendship is all about! I know I still owe you buddy and I will forever be in your debt.

Old August 15th, 2004, 11:01 PM   #19
Stow-N-Go, Baby!

Minivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 pointsMinivan Man is not afraid of bears with 12350 points

Macedo, when you owe someone money, and you say "I'll be forever in your debt," that's just not a good sign, man.

Old August 16th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #20

MacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 points

What I owe John monetarily doesn't amount to much, but rather what I was referring to is our friendship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Vendors & Tuners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in