Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Any shops that tune with a VEC still?

4K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  mrbob 
#1 ·
Looking for a shop that is able to still tune with the VEC3 systems? Any stateside?? Id rather not make the switch to a SCT if I can as the VEC has been great to me, but with new mods it be nice to make some tuning stuff on the VEC.

Anyone able to point me to a few shops that I can call?

#2 ·
A VEC is easy to tune and that is all I know how to use. I am not an expert, but I have tweak mine without issue. Your location would help us answer you amigo, but there are many folks that know how to tune with it.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I'm in davenport Iowa.. Lol I'm looking at removing and going sct. Just I hate working on this myself nobody around me knows a thing bout these cars, or are scared cause they think oh viper if I break it blah blah...

#8 ·
Yeah been in touch with Torrie. Issue is being in Iowa nobody else needs tunes so flying him here will be expensive as heck! Remote tuning tho, that's a thought! Didn't think bout that really..

Now removing the VEC since I didn't install it, I assume it's unplug it. And track down like 3-4 wires it's spliced into and re-solder the connections. Then install 2 bar map and get on the horn with Torrie?

#10 ·
Now removing the VEC since I didn't install it, I assume it's unplug it. And track down like 3-4 wires it's spliced into and re-solder the connections. Then install 2 bar map and get on the horn with Torrie?
Now you are making sense.

You won't regret it.

#11 ·
Am I correct tho on the removal of the VEC? Sorry I don't know, I didn't install it. And something about the methanol kit from roe, I think I can buy the aem controller and it would wor just the same?

I think.... Then I wouldn't need to pull my meth kit, just a few wires and done!

#13 ·
#16 ·
I cam't compare dyno numbers because my SCT tune was done on a different dyno than the VEC. Drivability is excellent, and I was more than happy to get rid of antiquated hardware for OEM level durability and simplicity.

Cards and serial ports? Pfft...

#22 ·
My VEC on my GEN II was great except every once in awhile it shot W/M when I turned the key forward. I reloaded and it went away. Sent the VEC in and then changed to VEC 3, same shit. I want with a used AEM which I still have now. If you VEC runs great, KEEP IT-why change it? I found it easy to work on once I learned how t use the software. Sean has a LOT of detail in the papers IF one reads like getting the base % of fuel correct for the lb injectors.

#25 ·
I don't have an issue with the vec honestly it works great. Issue is I am doing mods to my car and fine tuning is something I don't want to learn myself, and id rather pay a professional for that. As such nobody really messes with the VEC for fine tuning. So I am going to go to the SCT, or a standalone. Most likely a SCT but I really like the idea of a flex fuel 2nd gen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.