Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Gen V Feedback

4K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  walood4 
#1 ·
After 300 miles I think I can offer a little feedback on the car so far. In a way I hate the car...in the same way I hated going to a Gen IV after having Gen II's. When I drive this car it is better than the Gen IV, and that is a good/bad thing as it makes me start thinking about how to bring the Gen IV up to the Gen V feel/performance.

I am sure the 3:55 gears have a lot to do with it, but the Gen V revs so much easier compared to the prior Gen's. The car is a lot more comfortable in every way. Been even kicking around going to the 9.0 option with the Gen IV, and if it wasn't for the fact that the Gen IV was a vert it would be gone. This car makes you want everything you drive to be like this car.

#3 ·
I have a Gen 2 and a Gen 5 and there is something about that low end torque curve of the Gen 2 that can't be replaced.

#6 ·
When I drove a gen v I got bored quickly. No lumpy cam or loud exhaust. I hate the gauge cluster pod that is similar in almost every dodge. Obviously it's a nicer car and a better fit for most who like comfort over loud and obnoxious.

#11 ·
A stock Gen V is lounder than a stock Gen II.

You only hear the lumpy cam on a Gen II when you put an aftermarket exhaust on it.

I know you are sharing your opinion, but I think your logic is flawed.

#8 ·
Too bad a Gen 3 looks like...... well, a Gen 3.

#18 ·
Interesting that I've never heard of anyone getting rid of their G5 to go back to an earlier Gen. Or "dumping" their G5 as it is known..

You would think this epidemic would be published news.

#20 ·
Someone on the VOA was interested in a Roe. I said what for you have a gen V. He said it is for sale and is looking for a gen 2..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.