Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Motor Trend Viper ACR vs. Corvette Z06 (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238322)

The Former PFR January 7th, 2016 12:06 AM

Motor Trend Viper ACR vs. Corvette Z06
 
https://youtu.be/9qWYJQClIyY

Z06 not much faster than a T/A. 911 GT3RS makes a guest appearance too.

99RT10&GTS January 7th, 2016 12:34 AM

Arg! You just beat me. :D

Great video. The Viper kicks ass and Randy really could have gotten a 128.xx out of it.

1fast400 January 7th, 2016 07:24 AM

Is it really that annoying to drive? Killed it on the track

needforspeed150 January 7th, 2016 08:45 AM

A great Vid. Love my GenII but wow that ACR. They kept bitching about the comforts on the road. All I can say is I drove my '97 non stop from Michigan to Kansas City and when I got hear other than being tired I was ready to do it again. Damn I wish I had the money for that 2016

AUSTIN January 7th, 2016 10:59 AM

I cant believe people actually listen to these goons when it comes to advice and or what their silly opinions are on cars. These guys (especially plaid shirt homo) have NO balls. Someone get that bastard a convertible Beetle with a big center holder for his dildo. Only reason to watch this video is for the footage of the Viper.

ubengineering January 7th, 2016 03:45 PM

Someone post up a link from the vette forums, I wanna see how pissed off they are and what excuses they come up with LOL

The Former PFR January 7th, 2016 05:07 PM

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...d-to-head.html

Key Notes:
- Corvettes sell WAY more per year
- Corvette has a much better ride
- Viper is not comfortable and cannot be driven frequently
- Corvette stereo is better
- Z06 was only 3 seconds slower
- Z06 was faster than the TA by 1/2 second (Interesting to me that the TA was 2.5 seconds/lap faster than itself when running Cup 2s)
- Kuhmo V720s wear out instantly

ubengineering January 7th, 2016 05:18 PM

Just the fact that something sells WAY more per year would keep me away from it. Can't wait to join the herd!:arcade:

Deki January 9th, 2016 03:28 AM

Has there even been a comparo with Viper vs Corvette that the Viper won in the eyes of the magazines? I owned two Corvettes and they did nothing for me. You can tell who they are made for when you drive them.

The Former PFR January 10th, 2016 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deki (Post 3741058)
Has there even been a comparo with Viper vs Corvette that the Viper won in the eyes of the magazines? I owned two Corvettes and they did nothing for me. You can tell who they are made for when you drive them.

I believe this is the first.

ishootstuff January 10th, 2016 07:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by needforspeed150 (Post 3737258)
A great Vid. Love my GenII but wow that ACR. They kept bitching about the comforts on the road. All I can say is I drove my '97 non stop from Michigan to Kansas City and when I got hear other than being tired I was ready to do it again. Damn I wish I had the money for that 2016

Other than the noise with the top off, I love the road trips I take in my 96 RT/10. 13.5 hours from Tucson to Salt Lake City and I wasn't fatigued like I am in our Limousine (I'm the driver), Prius, or F150.

Now that I have cruise control in the Viper, I'm eager to do another long trip.

Elleby13 January 10th, 2016 06:38 PM

My god it was exhausting reading that corvette forum thread. same excuses all the time. I owned a C7 and it was a great car but totally different than a viper.

BlackSnake99 January 10th, 2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elleby13 (Post 3744073)
My god it was exhausting reading that corvette forum thread. same excuses all the time. I owned a C7 and it was a great car but totally different than a viper.

I only made it as far as the guy who said 'Don't get too caught up in lap times'...


Yeah. Wouldn't want to judge track cars by their lap times, now would we?

Elleby13 January 10th, 2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSnake99 (Post 3744105)
I only made it as far as the guy who said 'Don't get too caught up in lap times'...


Yeah. Wouldn't want to judge track cars by their lap times, now would we?

Who would ever want to do that!!!?? I agree with you completely.

The Former PFR January 12th, 2016 02:13 PM

Come on guys, it was only 3 seconds. Just slap those Kuhmos on the Vette and it will take it...duh.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
ViperAlley.com is in no way affiliated with Daimler Chrysler. Dodge, Viper, RT/10, the Viper logo and likeness are registered trademarks of Daimler Chrysler.
The contents of this site are owned by ViperAlley.Com and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the Administrator.