VCA raffle winner? - Page 3 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering the Gen V Viper 2013-up models.

VCA raffle winner?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 18th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #41

MTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 points
Send a message via AIM to MTGTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will at RSI View Post
We have not been hard to contact, but that seems to be everyone's excuse when they don't hear what they want to hear. Until this week, the only official contact we had about the prize was from Lee prior to his leaving. At that time we were told to hold everything pending tax clearances. As of this week, we have received a formal notice with the name and contact info for the winner. Unfortunately, give all the issues that were brought to the surface, we are forced to wait until our attorney verifies we are all clear of any potential issues that could arise from the raffle. Once he is satisfied and the VCA has provided us any additional documentation that we may need, we will deliver the prize that was donated.
Have you explained this to the "winner"?

I completely understand where you guys are coming from. Maybe the "winners" will start taking legal action against the club
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #42

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTGTS View Post
Have you explained this to the "winner"?

I completely understand where you guys are coming from. Maybe the "winners" will start taking legal action against the club
I don't think it's Will's job to explain this to the winner, has the VCA leadership explained this to the winner? LOL

Old October 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #43
JT
STALKED

JT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 points
Not a lawyer but....

If a business donates product to a nonprofit for a raffle - their liability should end there regarding the legality of the raffle. I can't imagine it would take an attorney more than a couple minutes to give someone some comfort on this issue.

Old October 18th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #44

MoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 pointsMoparBoyy is not afraid of bears with 4139 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
Not a lawyer but....

If a business donates product to a nonprofit for a raffle - their liability should end there regarding the legality of the raffle. I can't imagine it would take an attorney more than a couple minutes to give someone some comfort on this issue.
true.. but better to be safe than sorry.

Old October 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #45

TrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9417 points
Quote:
Not a lawyer but....

True...maybe the winner would feel better if Wil could take a picture of the entire turbo system that he won with a written note in the middle of the product (to verify the date) and post it on either this or the VCA forum? The system is complete and ready to ship so it should only take a couple of minutes to photo it and post it. That would at least allow the winner some piece of mind that his prize is ready to be shipped once the "details" are cleared up.

George

Old October 18th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #46

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 110021 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowDawg View Post
Have to side with Will on this one.
I hate it for the winner because HE didn't do anything wrong, but with all of the issues with the raffle, I would want to make sure everything is on the up-and-up before I got more involved in it.
100% agree. If I were Will, given the fact that it was an illegal raffle done in a back room at an undisclosed location, I would not be giving out $15K to anyone.

Old October 18th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #47
Eccentric

HighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 points
Quote:
Not a lawyer but....

I'd tend to agree with this -- and I am also not an attorney so I 100% agree with that part! -- except: reading between the lines, it doesn't seem that VCA has possession of the prize.

If title is going directly from the business to the winner, with the business relying on direction from the raffle organization, then it doesn't automatically seem as clear to me (again, as not-a-lawyer).

If I were the business owner I'd have no problems shipping it (donating it) to the VCA to use as they saw fit. But shipping it as directed by the "raffle" would make me wonder if I was complicit now that I have reason to believe the raffle might have been illegal.

That's where the "better call an attorney" function would trigger in my mind. I'd expect 95% of the time to be told "it's fine" but the 5% "that's really gonna suck if it's the case" is what would make me place the call.

Old October 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #48
VCA Medal of Honor winner

Jax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 points
Looks like all of the lawyers have jumped ship. This raffle issue is a huge black eye for the VCA. They just continue to ignore questions regarding the 1st prize winner. It's remarkable that he has remained silent.

Old October 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #49
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller View Post
I'd tend to agree with this -- and I am also not an attorney so I 100% agree with that part! -- except: reading between the lines, it doesn't seem that VCA has possession of the prize.

If title is going directly from the business to the winner, with the business relying on direction from the raffle organization, then it doesn't automatically seem as clear to me (again, as not-a-lawyer).

If I were the business owner I'd have no problems shipping it (donating it) to the VCA to use as they saw fit. But shipping it as directed by the "raffle" would make me wonder if I was complicit now that I have reason to believe the raffle might have been illegal.

That's where the "better call an attorney" function would trigger in my mind. I'd expect 95% of the time to be told "it's fine" but the 5% "that's really gonna suck if it's the case" is what would make me place the call.
That donate it to Chris Marshall's Club probably doesn't work. I think it was RSI that told me they donated an expensive clutch to VCA for a raffle. They got complaints that Chris expected a Transmission too! The Clutch wasn't given away in the raffle and it took a year before Chris finally gave back the clutch (it would fit in his car). That was you, right Will? Can't blame him for not wanting to give it to Chris, again? Vipair also sent a CF hood to one of the Caif. Clubs for a raffle. Apparently the hood was bolted on one of the president's friends Viper a week or so BEFORE the raffle was held ...

This raffle was another in a long line of unprofessional New VCA "events" that is what destroyed the OLD VCA.

With US gambling wins there is a Income Tax charge. I know this because I asked and was told that being Canadian I could fill out a State/US Income Tax form and be refunded my (50%?) tax retained from my winnings. The car has a monstrous tax bill that Lee (?) arranged loans to pay for the winner. Not sure if this includes smaller prizes such as the TT kit, but I would guess that the Club is required to give RSI a tax receipt for their donation to an illegal raffle.

I am also not a lawyer but I can see many potential problems as I just posted.

Old October 18th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #50

Dirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 23268 points
Send a message via MSN to Dirtysocks
I bet the raffle winner is not real.

Old October 24th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #51
Enthusiast

BlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 pointsBlknBlu made Varsity with 866 points
I am as curious as anyone else on the raffle findings, but i find it disturbing that a Board member from VOA is still trying to start trouble on the VCA and not focus on moving forward and let the VCA die. There is no doubt that the VCA is doomed to die and no need to kick a dead horse espeically a person in a position of power.

No names, but you know who you are.

Long live VOA

Bruce

Old October 24th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #52

Hadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 pointsHadvenom08 is not afraid of bears with 7612 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlknBlu View Post
I am as curious as anyone else on the raffle findings, but i find it disturbing that a Board member from VOA is still trying to start trouble on the VCA and not focus on moving forward and let the VCA die. There is no doubt that the VCA is doomed to die and no need to kick a dead horse espeically a person in a position of power.

No names, but you know who you are.

Long live VOA

Bruce
I am not courious (on the raffle findings),and just want to know why you won't say who you mean.

Isn't it all of us former VCA cheerleaders that came here to finally speak our minds with out being put on double secret probation?

Speak your mind.

Old October 24th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #53
Mother Fucker

Eviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 pointsEviltwins is not afraid of bears with 5993 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysocks View Post
My thoughts exactly!

Old October 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #54

jslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10793 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moundir View Post
My thoughts exactly!
I bet the raffle winner is actually a space alien from Alpha Centauri; but, they have not yet been able to prove it because he is a perfect clone, and has all of the proper papers.

Old October 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #55

JohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslimm View Post
I bet the raffle winner is actually a space alien from Alpha Centauri; but, they have not yet been able to prove it because he is a perfect clone, and has all of the proper papers.
I agree until someone on here says I know him before all of this then I am still skeptical of the whole thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in