Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Hope you kept your raffle tickets (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127186)

Leaf001 September 6th, 2013 10:55 AM

Hope you kept your raffle tickets

Apparently, there is a rule in the VCA by-laws that states you must currently own a Viper to purchase raffle tickets.

Dave sold his car to raise additional capitol to start his own business.....long story short, he will not be getting the car.

So where is the car going.....?

BADVENOM September 6th, 2013 11:10 AM

305 Attachment(s)
i dont even have fuckin tickets!!!!!!! and they took my money

MTGTS September 6th, 2013 11:40 AM

This can't be real life.

They will ignore state and federal laws to hold a illegal raffle but they will not grant the grand prize based on a VCA by law that I'm not even sure is accurate. All the fine print I ever read was about being a current member, nothing about actual ownership. I will get a copy of the flyer and check again

MTGTS September 6th, 2013 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the rules of the raffle:

NOTHING about being a current owner, just a current MEMBER. If you know Dave please have him get on the Alley to discuss.

plumcrazy September 6th, 2013 11:50 AM

more fail from VCA

BlackSnake99 September 6th, 2013 11:59 AM

But don't you have to be an owner to be a member? The membership requires an VIN#...

Viper Explorer September 6th, 2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTGTS (Post 1975762)
Here are the rules of the raffle:

NOTHING about being a current owner, just a current MEMBER. If you know Dave please have him get on the Alley to discuss.

Unless something changed you had to be an owner to be a "member" as you have to provide a VIN. I think the bylaws mentioned something about non-owner members being associates or something like that, or maybe it was region specific...no clue what specifics that would entail towards the raffles. Someone look it up, I don't feel like it lol.

Either way I don't get how they said fuck you to the laws (real laws not the VCA bylaws lol) and didn't get shut down or in trouble. Any other business that would have tried this would have been bitch slapped.

MTGTS September 6th, 2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper Explorer (Post 1975802)
Unless something changed you had to be an owner to be a "member" as you have to provide a VIN. I think the bylaws mentioned something about non-owner members being associates or something like that, or maybe it was region specific...no clue what specifics that would entail towards the raffles. Someone look it up, I don't feel like it lol.

He was an owner and paid for membership and got a member #. He then sold his car before his membership ran out from what the 1st post says. Is he no longer a member as soon as he sells his car? They certainly took his $$$ like he was a member. If he isn't allowed to win then he wouldn't have been allowed to even participate right?

zoomzoom22 September 6th, 2013 12:39 PM

geez what a cluster.

If I was "Dave" I would lawyer up like Lee and get my Viper I won....

And nothing openly passed this along to members to notify them of this? Wouldn't the members that participated man up enough to say that whether Dave still owns a Viper or not he is the winner or would they want to re-draw etc? I think most decent people would say he won, fair enough and square enough.

Viper Explorer September 6th, 2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTGTS (Post 1975818)
He was an owner and paid for membership and got a member #. He then sold his car before his membership ran out from what the 1st post says. Is he no longer a member as soon as he sells his car? They certainly took his $$$ like he was a member. If he isn't allowed to win then he wouldn't have been allowed to even participate right?

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...nt-500x397.jpg

sonofadragracer September 6th, 2013 12:52 PM

"Hi, thanks for calling FRAUD INC....cough, I mean uhhhh, the VCA how may I help you?" :D

:mad:

:leaving:

Leaf001 September 6th, 2013 01:04 PM

We got an attorney. Simply put, since he sold his car before renewal, he's fucked.

JT September 6th, 2013 01:05 PM

Oh my....

Ok - on another note - if YoTony wins - we're all going to shit.

eucharistos September 6th, 2013 01:17 PM

you can't make this stuff up

MTGTS September 6th, 2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf001 (Post 1975970)
We got an attorney. Simply put, since he sold his car before renewal, he's fucked.

Oh this is gonna be fun. Wonder if the attorney is gonna be able to find out if the raffle was even legal.

JT September 6th, 2013 01:32 PM

so - is this on the VCA site anywhere? How do you know this?

And here's my only sad thought if this is actual:

In the past, people have been allowed to stay in the club if they were "between Vipers" during the membership year. (i.e. there's no way to track ever Viper sale and people have never had memberhsips terminated in the past - only should be unalbe to renew because of the requirement to provide a valid VIN)

So - again - if true - if the winner only sold within this cal year, paid his dues, and someone so pissed off about the raffle started looking around for technicalities and waving the bylaws around screwed this guy out of a win - I would feel badly that he was collateral damage from someone with an ax to grind.

I can't see this revelation being VCA driven.

Something about this is pretty damn sad.

BADVENOM September 6th, 2013 01:37 PM

305 Attachment(s)
Just called VCA for my tickets. Waiting for a reply ... I'm waiting or shall I say my attorney is waiting to hear there answer ...

BADVENOM September 6th, 2013 01:39 PM

305 Attachment(s)
Actually a lady called me back from Kansas. I returned call and left her my Viper club number .. I'm very upset ..

Leaf001 September 6th, 2013 01:43 PM

The winner is my brother, so no BS here.

MTGTS September 6th, 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf001 (Post 1976170)
The winner is my brother, so no BS here.

I hope your familys lawyer has a field day with this VCA raffle situation