Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom - Page 58 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering the Gen V Viper 2013-up models.

Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Rejoin?
Old August 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1141

ViperSRT is kissing alot of ass around here with 513 pointsViperSRT is kissing alot of ass around here with 513 pointsViperSRT is kissing alot of ass around here with 513 pointsViperSRT is kissing alot of ass around here with 513 pointsViperSRT is kissing alot of ass around here with 513 pointsViperSRT is kissing alot of ass around here with 513 points
Rejoin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09viperacr View Post
To those that have elected to leave the VCA or who have been forced out I have a question. Would you consider rejoining the VCA if Lee, Chris, Marv, and others were forced out of the club and Maurice, Alex, and Jim J. committed to a more open and transparent club and one to which they invited you all back?

Those of us that are still in the club and on the Forum are seeing changes. The thead that is trashing Lee, Chris, Marv and others is still up. Jon B is being mentioned in a positive light by many of us and those posts have not been deleted. Many of us are pushing for the Board to remove these jokers and I'm very optimistic that they will. I realize that the club may have done irreputable damage to many of you and for that I am sorry. I have tried over the years to fight what I saw as wrong and have come close on many occasions to being banned.

None the less the vast majority of club members share the same passions as you do. We love the car and appreciate the great friends we have made through our interactions. I hope you will give the club one more chance if it comes to it.
Yes, I would. But several preconditions off the top of my head.

Obviously Chris, Mary, Lee, Marv and Bob Carroll would have to be removed and prevented from attending any management function. Not sure how many others but those complicit should join. Any who are found to have gained personal benefit through deceit should be banned.

VPA should be disbanded. Stock auctioned off for certain. Tooling may not have a net worth to anyone. I think tooling needs expert review for worth and future usability before retaining. The disbanding of VPA needs to have oversight to ensure that previous and future business is ethical. Unethical conduct should be reported to authorities. Make sure we start with a clean house. This includes inaccurate tax reporting, etc.

Viper Magazine and club management need to go to an independent third party. Eliminate the potential for impropriety completely. Whether that is JRT or some other firm the specific need is to be a separate entity with zero strings.

The Bylaws need to be rewritten. Preferably starting with the pre-Daimler version and going from there.

Benefits for BOD need to be paired back. End the lifetime free VOI, free annual dues, include travel only for a very few, necessary trips. Not to include brown nosing trips to Chrysler or other locations for Chrysler contact.

Remove the despots from the Viper Hall of Fame. Never belonged in the first place.

Eliminate all paid positions for active members. Only for paid staff or contracts to separate firms.

Eliminate all forum rules related to owner vendors posting. That does not prevent post limits for selling stuff, but those should apply to all equally.

The last, and not the least for me at least, is the elimination of dual levels of membership. All members should be considered as equals. No Venom or other preferential treatment.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1142

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 112355 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
How about opening voting to all the dues paying members on national BOD and any important issues that come up.
You know, we'll call it an election.
What a great idea! Although it is somewhat new, I think it just might work..............

Old August 29th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #1143

JohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RT10&GTS View Post
What a great idea! Although it is somewhat new, I think it just might work..............
As long as the voters are truely verified IE ID shown.

Old August 29th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #1144
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTGTS View Post
You believe what Lee says???
Nope, but there was other references to a chrylser appointed advisor and that not working? I would guess that he, like Jim Johnson, only got invited to unimportant meetings and not the meeting where Marv, Chris and a selected few cronies made a bunch of bad bylaws and banned JonB for another couple years the day before it became new management?

The Nazi regime has ruined all of the VCA creditability. Chrysler seems to have indicated that they are preferentailo to the local clubs. That would create perhaps a dozen new exactly the same problems? Ask how many presidents were appointed by CM and Marv when they were suspending Directors and Presidents. Local presidents were nearly all approved by Chris or Marv or they were replaced is what I was told ...

Old August 29th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #1145
Enthusiast

ROCKET62 is well liked with 202 pointsROCKET62 is well liked with 202 pointsROCKET62 is well liked with 202 points
Quote:
better than my avatar..... +rep
That picture and your avatar crack me up! Need a photo shop of CM at a paper shredder destroying all of the evidence of his theft at VPA!

Old August 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #1146
Supporting Vendor

John Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 points
The real Viper Club are the owners who gather together in the various cities and regions around the world. That is how the club started from day one. First it was Maurice in N. Cal. Then others like Ferguson in Chicago, me in Houston, Dean Word in San Antonio, Lashinsky in Orlando, Ivan Ho in Miami and so on. JonB did a heck of a job too in the NW. And there are many others who all did the same. They were Viper owners, passionate about their cars and wanting to share the experience with fellow Viper owners.

Now days its guys like Kurt in Austin and the many other good guys who are owners and who go out of their way to put together fun events for local Viper owners.

The national VCA was established by Maurice and Ron Smith who was the marketing manager for Dodge. Maurice wanted a way for the factory to recognize the club. And in turn the factory would try to do cool things for owners that the owners could not do on their own. Factory tours, factory deliveries, amazing Viper Invitationals (Monterey, Indy, Orlando, Vegas were all incredible), etc.

Ron Smith and Marty Levine from Dodge were very firm and fair on how the club was managed. And they were very smart to use JR Thompson Co. to help establish and maintain club organization, Viper Magazine and many other nice things that the local clubs could not do on their own.

I wont bore everybody with what happened to the club after Mercedes bought out Chrysler. But I think that was a turning point where both the Viper and the Club took a turn for the worse. And as everybody knows, Chrysler went BK in 2008-2009 and the last thing on their list was taking care of the Viper Club. And that is when an entrenched group of cronies, drunk on Viper power and greed took over and took the club where it is now. All that has been hashed out here.

But here's the important part to remember and appreciate. The local clubs are still out there, having fun and doing cool stuff, even with the national club F-ing with them and telling them what they can and cant do. Threatening them and so on. F the national VCA. They dont matter, they are insignificant and they are done.

Like I said before, the only value the national club did was to maintain the relationship with the factory so that Viper owners could do cool things that the local clubs could not do on their own. I cant imagine anyone at Chrysler wanting to keep the current national VCA. These clowns have tainted the car and the brand. They are hurting Viper sales right now. They many be hurting SRT sales in general. WTF? How can a car club do this to a vehicle, brand, owners and manufacturer? This is beyond rediculous.

I fully expect Chrysler cease their relations with the national VCA as it exists. And I know that they care the most about their owners, the Viper and their brand and reputation. And as such, I expect that they will come up with some way of re-connecting directly with their owners and enthusiasts. And in the process cut out the "fleas who think that they own the dog" national VCA board of douchebags.

I know many are reading my words and the weight that they carry with some. I know because I have gotten a few phone calls. And I will keep on beating the drum. I dont care if I get flamed. And I really dont care what anyone thinks. Is this personal to me? You bet it is.

I know what the real Viper Club was like from 1994 through 2000. It was special. It was exciting. It was an experience. And that is gone and aint coming back. And it was all very unnecessary.

To my friends at Chrysler, SRT and to all the Viper owners out there, you deserve better. And you will have better. And the sooner the busy body BOD finds another club to join and run into the ground, the better.

John Hennessey

Old August 29th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #1147

MTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 points
Send a message via AIM to MTGTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKET62 View Post
That picture and your avatar crack me up! Need a photo shop of CM at a paper shredder destroying all of the evidence of his theft at VPA!
No photoshopping here. Shooters' and I avatars are genuine pics.

Old August 29th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #1148

dave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 points
Well said JH.

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #1149

shooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 points
Quote:
No photoshopping here. Shooters' and I avatars are genuine pics.
I tried to log in over there but nope, still banned

I'm keeping this avatar until him AND his wife are gone from the club.

Yes Bob Pantex. BOTH. OF. THEM. I see you are back spouting your particular brand of bullshit in support of Chris and Mary. Hope the loss of your integrity was worth it.

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #1150
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1151

dave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 points
I used to think Bob was cool.

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #1152
RMPL

sundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 177205 points
Quote:
Ok, as a Noob, can someone please tell me what the hell a windbreaker is? And I don't mean the damn jackets.
A windbreaker is the nickname here for a VCA owner, 40 lbs overweight, who discusses what wax to put on his garage queen. He wears a Viper jacket.

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #1153
n00b

Smokin' 2 is definately JV with 298 pointsSmokin' 2 is definately JV with 298 pointsSmokin' 2 is definately JV with 298 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTTed View Post
Nope, but there was other references to a chrylser appointed advisor and that not working? I would guess that he, like Jim Johnson, only got invited to unimportant meetings.... Ask how many presidents were appointed by CM and Marv when they were suspending Directors and Presidents. Local presidents were nearly all approved by Chris or Marv or they were replaced is what I was told ...
Know what you are talking about. This thread is being followed by too many people for you to paint with a broad brush. Many regional presidents and several board members have persevered and fought the issues that developed the last few years when the bylaws gave them no authority. You can count me among them. It was only a matter of time before I knew the "assumptions" would start here. Lots of regional presidents were content the last few years, but you can tell by the vote split for Nat Pres last year between Lee and Janni that half the regions were wanting major changes......and for the record, I never got my windbreaker...Now I am seriously pissed!

"Honesty may be the best policy, but itís important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy." George Carlin, whom clearly saw the VCA problems coming.....

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1154

catwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 pointscatwood is not afraid of bears with 27860 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiego View Post
A windbreaker is the nickname here for a VCA owner, 40 lbs overweight, who discusses what wax to put on his garage queen. He wears a Viper jacket.
Similar to a "Waxer" except drives a coupe in warmer weather or can't afford a logo windbreaker.

Kind of like a guy that claims to be a "racer" but only runs autocross or HPDE time trials......

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #1155
n00b

Smokin' 2 is definately JV with 298 pointsSmokin' 2 is definately JV with 298 pointsSmokin' 2 is definately JV with 298 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiego View Post
That's funny

You forgot the vasoline to wedge into the car....

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #1156
Enthusiast

09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
The position would be for the person who can do the best, not 'from this group of anointed". But from the perspective of ability, Janni knows the playing field very well. And her background is more than proof.
Sorry my previous post wasn't clear. Janni is not part of the Board but I wish she still was. She fought the good fight and could have helped guide the club out of this mess. She would have been a good National President if she had won. Two of us spent our own money flying Regional Presidents in to VOI just so they could vote for her. They couldn't have come otherwise due to their personal situations. We had three additional votes by doing this and it evened up the vote some but ultimately it was not enough to carry the day.

Old August 30th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #1157

Newport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 pointsNewport Viper is not afraid of bears with 10149 points
"Yo VCA.... Don't mess with the Head Gangster in Charge."

It ain't good 4 ya....

Old August 30th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #1158

SRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 points
Someone said the BOD met earlier this week, and had another meeting on Thursday (today).

We've heard of "big changes" and "they are taking it seriously". I am sure people are extremely skeptical of that, since "real change" would include removing themselves as well.

So, what's the latest. What's the news? I have a sneaking suspicion that "big changes" will be something like.... CM no longer running VPA, meeting next month to discuss changing the bylaws, a commitment to openness and transparency, and reinstatement of JonB. And such a proposal will actually be said with a straight face

Old August 30th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1159

eucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9614 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hennessey View Post
The real Viper Club are the owners who gather together in the various cities and regions around the world. That is how the club started from day one.

I know what the real Viper Club was like from 1994 through 2000. It was special. It was exciting. It was an experience. And that is gone and aint coming back. And it was all very unnecessary.

To my friends at Chrysler, SRT and to all the Viper owners out there, you deserve better. And you will have better. And the sooner the busy body BOD finds another club to join and run into the ground, the better.

John Hennessey
a fine post

Old August 30th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #1160
Your Humble Servant

Hog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 pointsHog Whisperer is not afraid of bears with 24153 points
Quote:
Sorry my previous post wasn't clear. Janni is not part of the Board but I wish she still was. She fought the good fight and could have helped guide the club out of this mess. She would have been a good National President if she had won. Two of us spent our own money flying Regional Presidents in to VOI just so they could vote for her. They couldn't have come otherwise due to their personal situations. We had three additional votes by doing this and it evened up the vote some but ultimately it was not enough to carry the day.
She would still make a good prez.... There's not a dishonest bone in her body and she ain't afraid of knockin' heads. (especially good ol' boy heads)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in