Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom - Page 54 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering the Gen V Viper 2013-up models.

Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)

Old August 29th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1061
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newport Viper View Post

What a cluster this all has become....
I've been screaming about this shit for years now. Some people called me a Liar and others buried their heads in the sand and allowed it to propogate. The bylaws written over the last few years make it obvious what was coming.

Just another embarrassment.

Chrysler 'at war' with world's largest Viper club?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #1062
Team Crown Recruiter

RockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 points
Send a message via MSN to RockStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
A few days shy of me being a 13 year forum member (and moderator before the change in bylaws) and Tire Rack being a forum sponsor we have chosen to discontinue that relationship.

Our decision not to renew our sponsorship was driven by many issues, some of which, have been discussed in this thread.

I, as well as Tire Rack, We would like to wish the VCA and it's members, many of whom I consider to be great friends, the best of luck going forward
Does that mean there will now be a ViperAlley discount?

I need some new shoes for the GT-R

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1063

dave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 points
Free........... tires at Viper Alley!

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #1064
Enthusiast

09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points
To those that have elected to leave the VCA or who have been forced out I have a question. Would you consider rejoining the VCA if Lee, Chris, Marv, and others were forced out of the club and Maurice, Alex, and Jim J. committed to a more open and transparent club and one to which they invited you all back?

Those of us that are still in the club and on the Forum are seeing changes. The thead that is trashing Lee, Chris, Marv and others is still up. Jon B is being mentioned in a positive light by many of us and those posts have not been deleted. Many of us are pushing for the Board to remove these jokers and I'm very optimistic that they will. I realize that the club may have done irreputable damage to many of you and for that I am sorry. I have tried over the years to fight what I saw as wrong and have come close on many occasions to being banned.

None the less the vast majority of club members share the same passions as you do. We love the car and appreciate the great friends we have made through our interactions. I hope you will give the club one more chance if it comes to it.

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1065
Deceased Dec 25, 2016 Rest in Peace

Whitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 points
Send a message via Yahoo to Whitebeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09viperacr View Post
To those that have elected to leave the VCA or who have been forced out I have a question. Would you consider rejoining the VCA if Lee, Chris, Marv, and others were forced out of the club and Maurice, Alex, and Jim J. committed to a more open and transparent club and one to which they invited you all back?

Those of us that are still in the club and on the Forum are seeing changes. The thead that is trashing Lee, Chris, Marv and others is still up. Jon B is being mentioned in a positive light by many of us and those posts have not been deleted. Many of us are pushing for the Board to remove these jokers and I'm very optimistic that they will. I realize that the club may have done irreputable damage to many of you and for that I am sorry. I have tried over the years to fight what I saw as wrong and have come close on many occasions to being banned.

None the less the vast majority of club members share the same passions as you do. We love the car and appreciate the great friends we have made through our interactions. I hope you will give the club one more chance if it comes to it.
We are more than willing to welcome you all here as well. But the windbreaker will be hung at the closet door..........

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1066

eucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 pointseucharistos is not afraid of bears with 9514 points
this was just posted in a new thread at the morgue:

Quote:
Hey all,

Just picked up an '00 RT/10 (Steel Grey with cognac) and I had my 70-year old father out for a spin at his request. Well upon getting out of the car, he leaned on the console, and you can imagine what happened. I am always super careful about not leaning on the center console; however, my father (who would understandably have no idea) did not know about the design flaw of the hollow center consoles. Luckily he did not crack through the vinyl but if I can replace the center console a reasonable price I'd love to do so. So my question is: does anyone here have an extra cognac center console available for sale? I checked the Mopar parts catalogue and they are available but at a very steep price of $710. I have already contacted Paul Scharf and he does not have any cognac consoles available.

Thank you for your time,
Johnny
here is my reply:

Quote:
give JonB at Partsrack a call
what does the future hold?

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #1067

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
Yes I would rejoin, my issue was always with a couple officers at the top, not the club in general. I always enjoyed the regional events and the majority of the owners.

Quote:

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1068

virginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 points
I might. but we also need to open up the fucking communications. I can't tell you how many times I was told I couldn't read "how-tos" because I wasn't a member. or post 2 pictures, cause non-members were so severely limited. or take part in events etc. it needs to be very very open.

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #1069

ViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 points
Randall checks in regarding the raffle car:

I and the VCA Board of Directors know all of you are excited about the raffle, as are we!

We (the VCA Board) have only recently been made aware of the details, and are meeting with our VCA legal counsel this evening. We are optimistic that we will resolve any issues in time for the raffle, and expect it to be fine.

Regards,

Randall Arnold
National Vice President Viper Club of America

And on behalf of the Viper Club of America Board of Directors

Old August 29th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1070
Enthusiast

09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiavenom View Post
I might. but we also need to open up the fucking communications. I can't tell you how many times I was told I couldn't read "how-tos" because I wasn't a member. or post 2 pictures, cause non-members were so severely limited. or take part in events etc. it needs to be very very open.
Thanks, do you think there should be any restrictions for non-members? I certainly agree communications should be more open but should there be some things only available to members? Members only section (not including DIYs). VOIs maybe? Thoughts?

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1071
n00b

kickinasp is well liked with 223 pointskickinasp is well liked with 223 pointskickinasp is well liked with 223 points
Major changes would have to occur. Like all of the current officers, DAL's, ZD's are out. (with a few exceptions). These are the individuals that with less than a week to go to the election at VOI, voted for these newly announced candidates and many still support these clowns. Presidents get the power back, eliminate the ZD & DAL positions. Change the By-laws back to add in the conflicts of interest and checks and balances and let members have a vote and add 100% transparency. Bring VPA under VCA control with a new board. Then maybe..otherwise its all the same BS.

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1072
Deceased Dec 25, 2016 Rest in Peace

Whitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139766 points
Send a message via Yahoo to Whitebeard
Personally, I wouldn't have a closed section but perhaps unable to post for a non-member. You could get more of a draw from a general public this way.

You could have a limited section for the VOI events that are for members going to them. But that is a stretch.

Being as open as possible would be best. IMHO (not that I carry weight)

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #1073

MTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 points
Send a message via AIM to MTGTS
Quote:
24-48 hours of free posting does NOT mean things have changed. It means they are to busy with other stuff to deal with the forum right now. Believe me, there is A LOT going on right now and the forum is the LEAST of their concerns.

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #1074
n00b

kickinasp is well liked with 223 pointskickinasp is well liked with 223 pointskickinasp is well liked with 223 points
So they thought they could get away with holding an unlicensed raffle? Really? The current administration has been involved in many raffles and knows very well that a license has to be applied for no matter what state it is to be held in. I know there was some rumbling about internet raffles but everyone received a flyer on the raffle so it’s not just an internet raffle. So this was a scam from the very beginning? Or they thought they could side skirt the law and not get caught? I highly doubt a license can be applied for after the fact. Extreme disregard for the law… they don’t follow the bylaws so why would we expect them to follow any state laws.

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1075

virginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 18370 points
Quote:
Thanks, do you think there should be any restrictions for non-members? I certainly agree communications should be more open but should there be some things only available to members? Members only section (not including DIYs). VOIs maybe? Thoughts?
I'm ok with a members only section....however. if something is questioned or asked outside of the windbreakers only area, it should NOT be edited, deleted etc. it should be allowed to be discussed in both areas. I'm certainly fine with needing to be a member to go to a VOI, or other MAJOR events. I see no reason to restrict local organizations from having to restrict non-members on things that aren't paid for by members, IE meet and greet etc. I also think the raffle prizes should be member only. I'm fine with that. there should be "higher" % off for members from vendors.

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1076
Suspended by order of Blacksnake99

Red Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 points
Quote:

That would be a start in the right direction. I would certainly consider re-joining at that point.

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #1077
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTGTS View Post
24-48 hours of free posting does NOT mean things have changed. It means they are to busy with other stuff to deal with the forum right now. Believe me, there is A LOT going on right now and the forum is the LEAST of their concerns.
Believe me I'm pretty well aware of what is going on. I would say I've even had a hand in guiding some of it but the changes are still real.

Mods have deleted some words in various threads due to language (ok it is a "G" rated site) so they are still there monitoring the Forum but now they are letting the threads run. My guess is they have a sense that the old boys will soon be out on their ear.

Either way we all agree that major changes must be made to the VCA. I'm just hoping that if the changes are made we can get back to just having fun as a car club once again.

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #1078
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiavenom View Post
I'm ok with a members only section....however. if something is questioned or asked outside of the windbreakers only area, it should NOT be edited, deleted etc. it should be allowed to be discussed in both areas. I'm certainly fine with needing to be a member to go to a VOI, or other MAJOR events. I see no reason to restrict local organizations from having to restrict non-members on things that aren't paid for by members, IE meet and greet etc. I also think the raffle prizes should be member only. I'm fine with that. there should be "higher" % off for members from vendors.
Great suggestions. I agree completely. Our local region would never not allow another Viper owner to participate in one of our events. We would encourage them to join but we would not say no to them participating. Of course I'm in a region run by one of the good guys.

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #1079

plumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164634 points
the NY/CT club always encouraged non members to tag along too

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #1080
RMPL

sundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175646 points
Quote:
To those that have elected to leave the VCA or who have been forced out I have a question. Would you consider rejoining the VCA if Lee, Chris, Marv, DAN EVERTS and others were forced out of the club and Maurice, Alex, and Jim J. committed to a more open and transparent club and one to which they invited you all back?
Corrected to add Dan Everts. He went to the Chrysler meeting. He is the treasurer for what looks like an unlicensed raffle. He is one of them.

I'd happily rejoin IF the relationship with Chrysler was back. Factory tour, Chrysler engineering building tour, proving ground tour and meeting the engineers was amazing. I'd have to know some of these might happen again.

I've made great friends through the Viper club, but I've made more here on the Alley. We don't need the club unless it can give us cool access.

If the raffle fails, and the Marshall have severance packages that bankrupt the club, we can have regional sections on here, set up meets and drives and have no dues.

Last edited by sundiego; August 29th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in