Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom - Page 38 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering the Gen V Viper 2013-up models.

Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #741

MTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 points
Send a message via AIM to MTGTS
Another update from Bill on the raffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton Woodhouse View Post
Never asked us if they could print our name on a ticket, just asked if we cared if the raffle was drawn here since the car was coming here. We said fine, but found out it was probably not appropriate under Nebraska Law and told them sorry it could not be done here. Chrysler/SRT can not do these as the cars have to go through Dealers, and so we , Tomball and others have done these to help out VCA over the years. Never been to a raffle, don't have a clue what is done, as we have only been the conduit the car went through, but could care less where they draw this - we just told them we could not do it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #742
Enthusiast

09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Snake View Post
What about all of these other guys (obviously besides the last two)? Which side of the fence are they on? Are they part of the problem or part of the solution?

*I'm asking, cause i dont know.
Bob Carroll drafted the current By Laws. He was at one point a pretty good National President but did he get turned to the dark side of the Force? I don't know but the By Laws are a big part of the problem. Article X Section 1 does however give the Board the right to change them as needed.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #743
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points
Since owning a Viper business has been changed to NOT a "Conflict of Interest" I say, JONB for PRESIDENT!

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #744
JT
STALKED

JT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09viperacr View Post
Bob Carroll drafted the current By Laws. He was at one point a pretty good National President but did he get turned to the dark side of the Force? I don't know but the By Laws are a big part of the problem. Article X Section 1 does however give the Board the right to change them as needed.
I have been in "executive session" BoD meetings with Bob Carroll where he was yelling, slamming his fists on the table and just bout ready to come over the table at me.

Ask the current KC VCA attorney - he was sitting in between us in September and I am sure he'd remember the behavior.

Carroll's part of the problem.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #745
Enthusiast

09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points09viperacr made Varsity with 1436 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
I have been in "executive session" BoD meetings with Bob Carroll where he was yelling, slamming his fists on the table and just bout ready to come over the table at me.

Ask the current KC VCA attorney - he was sitting in between us in September and I am sure he'd remember the behavior.

Honestly I thought so too. He did go to the dark side.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #746

Dohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 pointsDohhunter is not afraid of bears with 43279 points
Well, Jalopnik dropped a cluster bomb with that one.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #747

ViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 points
Quote:

Met him a few times years ago at some events, had that imperialistic air that seems to be rife in the VCA leadership.
He's a lawyer by trade, so I'm sure he was looking out for whatever was best for the membership. Not.
My impression, anyway.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #748

SRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 points
Quote:

Janni,

I am really curious why people put up with that shit? There was the guy who claims Lee called him yelling and screaming... you talk about Bob Carroll pounding fists and yelling at you, etc, etc.

It's an unpaid volunteer position (for most, allegedly)... why on earth would people be so amped up to get their way that they get angry, and why would others accept that?

I think I would have died laughing if some non-paid dickhead whose "position of power" was being an "officer" in an unpaid position of a car club thought he could raise his voice to me.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #749
n00b

toasteroven is unremarkable with 10 points
As a fellow enthusiast, my mouth is also hanging open in shock and disgust. Been lurking a looooong time here (Viper's been on the list, and it's been closer and closer as I've gone from SRT-4 to SRT8). Not sure where I stand on my opinion of the local VCA folks (Okanagan, BC) as both times I approached them at shows when I was giving serious consideration to buying a used Viper I got brushed off.

My own personal history with car clubs is that 99% of the time, free is the way to go for the simple reason that your enthusiasm is the motivator. Most of the folks I've dealt with from "exclusive, membership-cost" car organizations tend to be more stuck up about their particular vehicle than anything else, and look down on everyone else. I've met local owners here that are not like that (thank god), and of course, the general membership here is also not like that.

Glad to see this got traction on both Jalopnik and Autoblog. Lots of talk about this outside the Viper world too; and so far the consensus I've heard or talked about is that we're all behind you guys 100%.

Only way I see VCA coming out of this smelling like roses is to clean house. No way in hell I'd slap down $$ for a membership the way things are right now, and I can only suggest everyone else vote with their wallets until the situation is resolved.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #750
RMPL

sundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 points
I find it strange that Pemberton( a great guy in my dealings with him) is disassociating himself with the drawing now. If the printing on the flyers and tickets was incorrect about the drawing being at his dealership, he should have brought that to the members' attention immediately, not now. Some may have bought those tickets because of the security they felt with Bill and Woodhouse.

Does Lee get liquored up and keep pulling until he sees a friend's name?

Which state will it be done? How can the members be assured it is being done honestly? What state law or license is covering it?

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #751

ViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiego View Post
Which state will it be done? How can the members be assured it is being done honestly? What state law or license is covering it?
Another one of those things you're supposed to accept how it's done without question as the leadership knows whats best.
Leave the who, what and where to people in charge. Why do I have the feeling the Marshall's paws are all over this as well?

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #752
Suspended by order of Blacksnake99

Red Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 117898 points
One of the reasons i asked is that Wedel is local to me (i have never met any of the others). I have met him several times in the last few years (just saw him last weekend, in fact). He has been extremely gracious and kind to me. He could not have been nicer and seems like a great guy to me. I enjoyed talking cars and Vipers with him.

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #753
JT
STALKED

JT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT Mike View Post
Janni,

I am really curious why people put up with that shit? There was the guy who claims Lee called him yelling and screaming... you talk about Bob Carroll pounding fists and yelling at you, etc, etc.

It's an unpaid volunteer position (for most, allegedly)... why on earth would people be so amped up to get their way that they get angry, and why would others accept that?

I think I would have died laughing if some non-paid dickhead whose "position of power" was being an "officer" in an unpaid position of a car club thought he could raise his voice to me.
I didn't accept it - I told him his behavior was unprofessional and also told Marv (the pres at the time) that he needed to now allow this in a VCA meeting.

Nothing was done. And to be honest- it was a little unsettling. I was there by myself and had to drive home that night to Raleigh because of a sick dog. I've also had Randall swear at me in meetings. Again - total lack of professionalism.

Ken Wells asked Lee how much Mary was paid at a President's meeting. Lee answered "Less than JRT". And I stood up and said - "see - this is why people get frustrated. Just disclose the payment" Finally - they did.

So -I decided to run for office after a lot of this ^^^.

the fist pounding, yelling, etc was at the Directors meeting prior to the election at VOI this past year. It was a completely disgusting display of aggression.

I didn't win - but I tried to change things from the inside. It didn't work. So now I have to try to change it from the outside.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #754

MTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 points
Send a message via AIM to MTGTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
Another one of those things you're supposed to accept how it's done without question as the leadership knows whats best.
Leave the who, what and where to people in charge. Why do I have the feeling the Marshall's paws are all over this as well?
According to the MCVO Vice President :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmaker View Post
The Michigan club did not tell the VCA "to go scratch" on the raffle. The club did all of the paperwork necessary to hold the raffle for VCA for many years. The Michigan club was licensed by the state to hold the raffle. For those efforts VCA paid the Michigan club. Don't know how the fee originated but it has been there for a long time. At some point in the last two years VCA decided it no longer wanted to pay the fee and said they would hold the raffle on their own. Which meant the VCA needed to acquire the necessary state approvals and pay the fees to hold the raffle in whichever state the "lottery"was to be held.
Sounds like Marshall greed to me

Old August 27th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #755

SRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 pointsSRT Mike is not afraid of bears with 6976 points
Quote:
I didn't accept it - I told him his behavior was unprofessional and also told Marv (the pres at the time) that he needed to now allow this in a VCA meeting.

Nothing was done. And to be honest- it was a little unsettling. I was there by myself and had to drive home that night to Raleigh because of a sick dog. I've also had Randall swear at me in meetings. Again - total lack of professionalism.

Ken Wells asked Lee how much Mary was paid at a President's meeting. Lee answered "Less than JRT". And I stood up and said - "see - this is why people get frustrated. Just disclose the payment" Finally - they did.

the fist pounding, yelling, etc was at the Directors meeting prior to the election at VOI this past year. It was a completely disgusting display of aggression.

I didn't win - but I tried to change things from the inside. It didn't work. So now I have to try to change it from the outside.

I wonder what the effect of this latest blow-up will be. There were lots of blow-ups in the past and the message was always the same "things are changing, WE NEED YOUR HELP! so get involved and help effect change". That always seemed to placate the less attentive members before. I see it's being rolled out again here by that Bob guy over at the VCA forum.

However, the fact that the letter has been published and that major automotive news outlets are reporting this has to make things even worse for SRT/Chrysler.

I read the letter a few times. I took it to mean "we told you that you need to make changes, you didn't... now we have a meeting coming up to determine the future of our relationship and we don't see it being good considering you have refused to address our concerns".

Does anyone here actually think the club will address the issues? I don't see it happening. Lee and Chris would go down with the ship before they gave up their "power" (and $$, allegedly). I think it's all up to Chrysler now to man up and do the right thing and yank their support. They really have to at this point.

Old August 27th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #756

FrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 pointsFrgMstr is not afraid of bears with 7416 points
What is interesting is that if you read the by-laws the second objective has been seemingly been thrown out the window with VPA and those making money off of it.

Quote:
The purpose of the Club shall be:

2. To be a unified voice for Viper owners and to act as liaison between the manufacturer and Viper owners.

Old August 27th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #757
Big Dawg

Rocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 points
Quote:

Not only is that unprofessional, but it is cowardly and disrespectful to speak to anyone like that, especially a lady. Either you struck a real nerve or it was just bully tactics. I wonder if he felt real manly after that. All of this over a freaking car club.

Old August 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #758

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocman View Post
Not only is that unprofessional, but it is cowardly and disrespectful to speak to anyone like that, especially a lady. Either you struck a real nerve or it was just bully tactics. I wonder if he felt real manly after that. All of this over a freaking car club.
Quote of the day "All of this over a freaking car club."

Old August 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #759
Supporting Vendor

JonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax92 View Post
For those who want to review the latest VCA financial return, this is from the Jalopnik article:

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...888aa05-9O.pdf

Please, Please click on this link to the IRS tax return, and scroll to Page 6: 'Governing Body and Management' . Read these questions and answers abbreviated below:

IRS Q 2. 'Did any officer, director, key employee have a family relationship or business relationship with any other officer, director, or key employee? ' Treasurer Lee replied "NO" in both 2010 and 2011
-------------------------------

IRS Q 4: 'Did organization make any significant changes to its governing documents since prior filing?' Treasurer said: "NO" in 2010 and 2011 despite the total gutting and replacemnet of the entire bylaws!

--------------------------------

IRS Q 5: 'Did the org become aware in the year of a significant diversion of the org's assets?' Treasurer said "NO" in 10/11.

This despite the $50K loan to the VPoO which was later told to members (but not IRS) is an investment.
---------------------------------

IRS Q 7 'Did the org have members or other persons who had the power to elect or appoint one or more members of the governing body?" Treasurer said "NO:

This despite hand-picking ZD-DAL-Regional appointments of only proven supporters. Noteworthy: FL DAL appointment last week!
-----------------------------
IRS Q 8: 'Did org contemporaneously document the meetings held, or written actions undertaken by the governing body or committees?' Treasurer said "YES" !!

Ask Secty Bobby C. for ANY of the 09-12 minutes, or Maurice in 2013 for that matter. "Contemporaneus" means "at the time."
Rarely happened.
-------------------------

IRS Q 10: already addressed - "Treasurer says 'NO Branches chapters, or affiilliates' despite a multitude of evidence to the contrary. (Common definitions standing.)

IRS Q 12: 'Does the org have a written Conflict Of Interest policy?' Treasurer in '10 and '11 replied "NO"

This contradicts the historic, mandatory and recently-INVASIVE COI policy for all offiecers, but marshalls apparently exempt.
-------------------------
And here is my absolute favorite question:

IRS Q 16: "Did the organization invest in, contribute assets to, or participate in a joint venture or similar arrangement with a taxable entity during the year?" Treasurer stated "NO" in '10-11.

This despite the VPoA / Mopar subsidiary agreements.

There are "20 questions" on ONE PAGE. Please take a look?

Old August 27th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #760

People should be pressing the VCA to disclose where, exactly, the raffle is being held.

It is a pretty serious issue, considering the recent position of Chrysler in regards to inappropriate mixing of funds and 'profiteering'.

There are tons of laws about these things for a reason - it is all to easy for people to misappropriate funds or operate in an obscure and unfair manner with raffles. If this raffle is not legal or licensed, then it needs to stop.

If it is held illegally anyway, then heads need to roll.

The fact that the entry form says it will be @ Woodhouse, and BillP says he looked into it and told management it could not/would not be at Woodhouse, then that is a very serious issue that was not disclosed to participants or club members, and needs addressed *immediately*.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in