Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom - Page 29 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering the Gen V Viper 2013-up models.

Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)

Old August 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #561

sonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 points
"Strike System in EFFECT!!!!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 26th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #562
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points
If you're having an issue (LOL) getting your 4 month late Viper Magazine just go to my ezine/website and read the stories that Chris Marshall had deleted from Viper Magazine when he took control. I wrote 6 articles for JRThompson and 4 or more were published. Chris Marshall had the cover and VOI11 removed from the magazine and that's why the last issue of Viper Magazine was lacking. Chris had about 6 pages removed.

Viper Nation is my website that I started after Chris banned me. I still write articles on Myself and other Viper owners kicking ass on all the other brands. SSCC, NORC, Targa, Drags and drifting. Jet racing etc can be seen and events can be 'experienced' reading these stories. Pictures and descriptions tell you the safety requirements and the social atmosphere of various events. FREE

Old August 26th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #563
Enthusiast

TTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 pointsTTTed made Varsity with 937 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollercaust View Post
Maybe they need to rename it to "The Club Club of America"

Crazy, I can see why they are running scared.

Lets see: You have an issue with the VCA, the thread gets deleted and you get lifetime banned.

You complain to Ralph or SRT, you are now an enemy to the VCA

Fantastic!
I think you mean renamed Chris's Club, Marv's Club and now Lee's club? All response I received from Chris, Marv and the forums was signed "vca" not a name.

Old August 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #564
Enthusiast

Oh, I guess I should mention that the Western Canada regional President is the Western Zone Director as well this year as well?

Jim Tait is a nice guy and everything, but ...

He just beleived what Chris Marshall and Marv told him and discounted what I said. It has been 3 years of truth telling while being called a Liar ... Karma is getting those bitches! LOL

Old August 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #565

ViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 points
Ted please don't turn this into a non stop chance to promote your forum.
This is not about Ted. You have some good insights and also an annoying habit of self promotion.

Old August 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #566

weeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 pointsweeztones is not afraid of bears with 11955 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Map63Vette View Post
I'm not sure I understand some of the complaints regarding VPA. Why is it a big deal that Chrysler may have given them some free parts that they sold for profit? I can understand that the mingling between VCA and VPA could be seen as a problem, but I don't see anything wrong with them getting parts cheap from Chrysler and marking them up for sale. Every vendor ever does that. If they're the cheapest name in the game for a part, odds are I'd buy from them.

For example, I bought some oil for a fluid swap a while back. Buying it all from VPA was going to run me ~$120. I went to my local dealership to see if they had it on the shelf to save shipping and they quoted me $140 for just the diff. The MSRP on the damn stuff is only $22, and they were doubling that. That is thievery.

If PartsRack, or Vipair, or Viper Parts Speciality, or any of the various vendors out there were getting parts cheap from the factory and lining their own pockets with markup prices it's no different. That's just business. In the end VPA is just a factory parts distributor, they shouldn't be getting any grief for that. Not saying that other issues might not be present, just that it's not really fair to attack them for selling parts that are given to them.
I'm sure the more business savvy members can chime in on this, but the operations of the for-profit VPA as a subsidiary of the non-profit VCA are not "clean" as it is littered with conflicts of interests, etc.

I'm sure there are others that can give better details; however, the main point is that the national leaders (and Chris Marshall) are scum businessmen.

Old August 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #567

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
The deception, and overall lack of respect for those that were telling the truth, or atleast asking questions that were getting close to it were the real problem.

And the banning of founding members and vendors that help shaped the club from the very beginning, to help advance their own interests, is and was a very troubling situation.

Old August 26th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #568
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
Ted please don't turn this into a non stop chance to promote your forum.
This is not about Ted. You have some good insights and also an annoying habit of self promotion.
Wasn't my intention. Providing old proof and other 'insights' into their behaviour.

Old August 26th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #569
Enthusiast

ipetrov hangs with the Hiddens with 671 pointsipetrov hangs with the Hiddens with 671 pointsipetrov hangs with the Hiddens with 671 pointsipetrov hangs with the Hiddens with 671 pointsipetrov hangs with the Hiddens with 671 pointsipetrov hangs with the Hiddens with 671 points
There we go:

http://jalopnik.com/why-chrysler-is-...r-c-1201999758

Old August 26th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #570

ViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 19792 points
Here you go, well written and right to the heart of the matter.
Off the VCA site just now.

Here's some interesting reading from someone apparently in the know. I won't disclose who sent this but it went to all the Presidents.

My fellow officers: I have read all the emails concerning the problems between the VCA and SRT and I would like to say that I am pleased that this has come into the open because of Chrysler's response to Lee's inaccurate summation of the last meeting with SRT. Lee is now forced to defend his statements and can't hide behind his wall of secrecy and threats of banishment from the club if anyone says anything he doesn't like. Although you will note that he has already tried to keep this information from the membership and has started his anticipated attack against Jim Johnson, for forwarding the information to the presidents. Lee has called for a board meeting tonight, which Jim has been excluded from, to no doubt attack Jim and try to spin his false statements into something the board will believe.

Chrysler was not afraid of this letter getting out. It wasn't a secret. It was on official company letterhead and was not marked confidential or do not distribute. For someone who ran on the platform of communication, that is the last thing Lee wants to do. After all, he neglected to invite Maurice, our national secretary, and Randall, our national vice president, to the meeting with SRT. Instead he invited Dan our national treasurer and Chris Marshall who has no official title. Now why do you suppose that is the case? Could it be that Chris is pulling the strings and/or that Chris's entire livelihood depends on the VCA as you will see below.

First and foremost things are not fine with SRT, as Lee keeps telling us. Everyone should know that by now. To put it nicely, Lee tried to mislead us. Things have not been fine since the January presidents meeting in Detroit when Ralph had a meeting with the National officers. Club members had complained to National about the way the club was being run and transparency of finances, which fell on deaf ears. So they went to Ralph for help. Ralph was concerned about sending owners of the new Viper to a club with complaints, so he asked for changes in the way the club was being run, including issues of transparency, as many of us had already done. If you would like to know the details, then by all means ask Mr. communication himself or one of the other National officers, but the point is they were put on notice to make changes.

Instead of discussing this with the regional presidents in an open forum at the meeting, Lee demanded that no one speak of the meeting while he, Marv and a few others plotted what to do. They had the choice of working with SRT for the benefit of our club and its membership, but they chose to attack Ralph in a very methodical way instead. First with a letter by former DAL Tim Wollesen to Sergio accusing Ralph of costing SRT sales by meddling in club business. When this didn't work, it was followed by an anonymous letter to Chrysler accusing Ralph of wrongdoing including the taking of bribes. All the while telling the membership that everything was fine. Ralph has copies of these letters and is also aware of the statement by Lee and Marv that the VCA doesn't need SRT's support. What ignorant arrogance by these two. Does anyone think that Ralph and SRT will forgive and forget these attacks? Really? Well they haven't.

I spent a week with SRT at Le Mans in June and it was clear they wanted nothing to do with the VCA, at least while the present leadership was in place. Need more proof? You will note that the VCA, which was once prominently displayed on the Dodge/SRT website, is nowhere to be found. Not one word letting anyone know that the international car club representing their halo car even exists. Want more? We will not be allowed to hang any VCA banners at any SRT events such as the Southwest Zone Rendezvous in Austin next month. Further, I attended the Pebble Beach Concours last weekend and asked about VCA displays at the SRT tent and was told "absolutely not". Yes that is a quote. Finally, you will note that Ralph no longer writes the forward in Viper magazine and not because of the excuse Lee made up. In simple terms you can't bite the hand that feeds you and expect them to like it. So anyone telling you that all is well between the VCA and SRT is lying.

People often ask why? Why would someone want to slander Ralph? It all comes back to money. It started with a simple question when I asked Chris Marshall just how much he was making off the club, at the presidents meeting a year and a half ago in Phoenix. Aside from the publicly known answer that Coast to Coast Marketing (Mary Marshall) is paid $60,000 a year to manage the club he refused to give a straight answer. To this day the National office has not disclosed his total compensation working for the club. While no one is objecting to people being paid for their work we have a right to know how much the club pays them. So what do we know? We know Mary is paid as above and Chris is in charge of Viper Magazine and receives all advertising revenues up to $75,000 a year. We all know how well that is going with the current issue being four months late and no reason given to all those who have asked. And, did you know that Chris made his son the editor? BTY reports are that the magazine is losing money as well. Chris is also running the VPA and is paid somewhere in the $50,000 a year range. We asked him for the figure at the January meeting and he refused to give it to us. So maybe someone here should ask him again. I'm sure everyone here would like to see the real financial records of the VPA to determine just how it is benefiting the club. As yet they refuse to show them to us. No the one sheet summary of two year old figures shown at the presidents meeting does not count. Let's also not forget the $50,000 Chris demanded to be paid to run the VOI last year. He and Mary got their money and the club lost money on the VOI. I don't suppose they would like to kick back a little to the club now would they? As Chris will tell you, both he and Mary were unemployed when they went on the club payroll so it is absolutely in their best interests to keep the gravy train rolling. Now you know exactly why Chrysler mentioned them in their letter. They have a monopoly on the club business which doesn't look good to anyone especially Chrysler.

To be fair I would point out that many of us, myself included, think Mary does a good job managing the club but the lack of transparency in the financial's of Viper Magazine and the VPA as well as their apparent monopoly on all aspects of the business side of the club has to change.

It's obvious from Chrysler's letter that the roadblocks to reestablishing a healthy relationship with SRT are having Chris and Mary Marshall managing the business, as well as the trust that has been lost with the national office. Its time to replace them with people who are trusted by both VCA as well as SRT.

If you are happy with the way things are and are content to be dictated and lied to all the while being alienated from the manufacturer of our whole reason to be, the Viper, then do nothing. If not, then take action at your meeting tonight and take back your club and demonstrate to Chrysler that there are good people here and that we will no longer tolerate the status quo. People, this is a car club make it fun again!

Old August 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #571
A Luxury Once Sampled...

Biggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178654 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeztones View Post
I'm sure the more business savvy members can chime in on this, but the operations of the for-profit VPA as a subsidiary of the non-profit VCA are not "clean" as it is littered with conflicts of interests, etc.

I'm sure there are others that can give better details; however, the main point is that the national leaders (and Chris Marshall) are scum businessmen.
A new and annoying 'trend' I've noticed lately is non-profits being set up to feed business into 'for profit' subsidiaries or sister companies. Can be effective and efficient if handled properly (open bid for services etc) but in this case it appears there was a not-so-sophisticated effort to utilize this model in an unethical way.

Old August 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #572

sonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 pointssonofadragracer is not afraid of bears with 69148 points
Culture of Corruption....FRAUD just runs fucking rampant!!!!

Old August 26th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #573

lollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipetrov View Post
Unsure why Jalopnik found this "weak"

Quote:
As a corporate policy, we do not comment on company business. Chrysler Group LLC is fully committed to its SRT and Viper owners and continues to maintain a relationship with them as demonstrated through participation at various events around the country, such as the Woodward Dream Cruise and support for events like the LX Spring Festival.
To me, that says "We don't give a fuck about the VCA (Since it isn't mentioned anywhere), we love Viper owners and SRT will do what it needs to itself to help them."

Old August 26th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #574
Supporting Vendor

JonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 pointsJonB~~~:<~ is not afraid of bears with 5436 points
Quote:
Here you go, well written and right to the heart of the matter. Off the VCA site just now.

Here's some interesting reading from someone apparently in the know. I won't disclose who sent this but it went to all the Presidents.
My fellow officers: I have read all the emails concerning the problems between the VCA and SRT and I would like to say that I am pleased that this has come into the open because of Chrysler's response to Lee's inaccurate summation of the last meeting with SRT.
Jon, thanks for posting..... Keep finding stuuff there please, that many of us cannot read. Thanks.
But Ken W. has taken full credit for his authorship of this factual piece. He's not hiding. He stands behind what he wrote, and also has stated in the open at VCA prez meetings. His is 'Snakechamr' here and on VCA.
Keep em coming?

Old August 26th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #575
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipetrov View Post
Not trying to "promote myself" but that Red GTS is my first Viper after head-on collision with a loaded semi. Only the truck driver got injured.

Old August 26th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #576

Nothing much to report on , everyone BUT BobPantax is in agreement there is a huge problem and sweeping changes need to be made. Bob seems to think no good will come of open criticizing the VCA management and this is all gossip and innuendo..... lol. The view from inside Marshall's ass must be constricted.

Old August 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #577
VCA Medal of Honor winner

Jax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 points
For those who want to review the latest VCA financial return, this is from the Jalopnik article:

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...888aa05-9O.pdf

WARNING: Kool Aid drinkers please review this with a trusted friend.

A prize will be awarded to the first individual that can present any proof from within the return that the VPA actually does exist as part of the VCA.

Last edited by Jax92; August 26th, 2013 at 05:37 PM.

Old August 26th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #578

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTTed View Post
Not trying to "promote myself" but that Red GTS is my first Viper after head-on collision with a loaded semi. Only the truck driver got injured.
lol Damn glad you were ok.

Old August 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #579
Eccentric

HighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 pointsHighRoller is not afraid of bears with 11402 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB~~~:<~ View Post
NOTE: The 3/31/12 tax return is for the 2011 (yes 2011) tax year. As treasurer, lee used the maximum-allowable extensions, and Not-For-Profits get a longer extension than citizens or businesses.

My favorite section on the Eel Club tax return is page 6, form 990, where the IRS asks:

"Does the Organization have any chapters, branches, or affiliates?" and mr treasurer the past few years has stated under penalty of perjury: "NO" !!!!!
I am not an attorney, but a quick read of a few IRS pubs seems to point to the "chapters" question being about "subordinate organizations" (as defined by the IRS). This is a formal and legal/technical arrangement related to how exemptions were obtained, how governance and control works between the related organizations, and so forth.

I'm *guessing* (since I don't actually know anything about how the regions/zones/whatever work) that this question is answered correctly. It's not just a casual "yes there are local chapters" question; it's asking about a very specific technical organizational concept in the tax code. It doesn't matter that the regions are really just collections of members of the VCA; that doesn't make them a subordinate organization for the purpose of this question.

You may resume throwing rocks at everything else (deservedly so) but this particular point (picked on by jalopnik as well) seems overblown.

Old August 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #580

viper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 pointsviper0002 is not afraid of bears with 3878 points
Quote:
Nothing much to report on , everyone BUT BobPantax is in agreement there is a huge problem and sweeping changes need to be made. Bob seems to think no good will come of open criticizing the VCA management and this is all gossip and innuendo..... lol. The view from inside Marshall's ass must be constricted.
Poor Bob is taking an awful beating. He is doing his best impression of the Black Knight from the Holy Grail right now. ("tis only a flesh wound--come back here") Each post is weaker, to the point where one of the most recent ones is a Youtube of a cat fight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in