Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom - Page 13 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering the Gen V Viper 2013-up models.

Viper Club of America -Viper Parts of America -SRT Lee Stubberfield letter of doom

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:48 PM   #241

lollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by 351carlo View Post
Just sent a note to the guys at Chrysler asking to publish the note.

Suppressing the freedom of speech is a sure sign of a tyrannical leadership entity. If you have nothing to hide, you should not fear what others have to say.

The path they've chosen speaks volumes to their level of guilt.
Has anyone forwarded it to any of the autoblogs?

It hitting Jalopnick would be lol worthy
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:50 PM   #242

MTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 pointsMTGTS is not afraid of bears with 14024 points
Send a message via AIM to MTGTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollercaust View Post

someone said they sent it to Jalopnik.

Anyone know someone at Allpar?

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM   #243

shooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 pointsshooter_t1 is not afraid of bears with 11677 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollercaust View Post

Yes. If you had read the posts in the thread, you would have known that. Read more post less, this ain't the nanny site your used to.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:54 PM   #244

lollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 pointslollercaust is not afraid of bears with 3854 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
Yes. If you had read the posts in the thread, you would have known that. Read more post less, this ain't the nanny site your used to.
derp on my end

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:57 PM   #245
RMPL

sundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowDawg View Post
Is there a way to move this thread to somewhere where non-members here can read it?
I'm getting PM's on FB from some VCA guys that don't know about any of this stuff and want to read it, but apparently you can't see "anything goes" threads without signing up.
Since this is finally coming to light (with some actual proof), it would be nice to make it easily available to people to see.
Let them sign up. It won't cost them or hurt them.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:59 PM   #246

BigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 pointsBigBadViper is not afraid of bears with 6488 points
Glad to see this happening. I was never happy with the fact they were getting paid so much to run the VCA. I am very happy with our current regional president. He is doing a good job organizing events and really cares about the "cars" and nothing else. A lot of the local people have lost faith in the VCA due to all the shit going on over there. I hope they clean house and we can get VCA back to what it should be.

It is BS that the BOD and national officers can ban their own regional presidents because they disagree with them. It is like if anyone has a differing opinion they are gone.

BTW, I wouldn't want the Alley to be the official Viper site, we couldn't have any more NWS threads.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:06 PM   #247
RMPL

sundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175080 points
Was the raffle drawing in Michigan? If it was an unlicensed one we have an obligation to report it to that state's government, or we are accessories(and I don't mean shiny car add ons )

Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:16 PM   #248

TrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 pointsTrackAire is not afraid of bears with 9367 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
VPA is a FOR PROFIT subsidiary of the VCA, thus exempt from Lee's statement above. (Or at least that is the bullshit excuse that was used to keep any records / audit from the membership AND the VCA BoD.) Or - that there was some trade secret and JonB might figure out that VPA was buying parts, marking them up and reselling them at a profit. The horror!
Janni,

How realistic is the information I was given in the statement I posted yesterday regarding that this is only a car club?

"It stops being a car club when Chrysler gives you containers full of parts for free to sell and the VCA helps fund the VPA startup costs with $50k (which I don't know if it has been paid back yet).

Since there are no logs or inventory parts lists or values of what is in those containers (if there are, I've never seen them published) it can be a VERY lucrative business since the audit trail would be very faint. The potential for back door deals is scary.

Where are the parts stored, what is the building address, why is this not public??? What about inventory control??....who is doing the counting?

The car club is just the front....the real business is in the back"

This is what I've had at least two separate people that work in the industry explain to me. Any merit to it in your opinion??

Cheers,
George

Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #249
Big Dawg

Rocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 pointsRocman is not afraid of bears with 12675 points
Because of the content of this thread, it needs to stay in this section. As SunDiego stated, have them sign up. It doesn't cost them anything and perhaps they might consider staying. Serving members is more important than serving non-members.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:59 PM   #250
VCA Medal of Honor winner

Jax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 pointsJax92 is not afraid of bears with 4307 points
A major issue that has escaped discussion is the financial info on VPA. VPA is a wholly owned subsidiary, and according to the corporate laws of Michigan, financial information regarding VPA should be available to VCA members. I sent certified letters to both Chris Marshall and Bob Corum requesting that information. Marshall refused delivery of my letter. Corum did sign for the letter but did not comply. The state will not assist in obtaining the information on a FP corp. the only way to get the info is to file a law suit. Because they are compelled to provide financial info on VCA, they try to keep their ducks in order. Not so with VPA. A peek at their financials would be the death knell for sure.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 02:32 AM   #251
BADVENOM

I been saying this for about 6-8 years... It's all about the money . Nothing at all to do about the Viper. Maybe a few guys did but the majority all sbout the dollar. Chris should step down immediately and be banned from any future club events , same goes for Lee. Enough is enough ... Like I said before I experience the money shit with the old regime in the NY club... The guys that are running it now are doing a good job from what I hear

Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:15 AM   #252

plumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 pointsplumcrazy is not afraid of bears with 164368 points
hard to imagine but jay herbert > chris/Lee

this seems worse than the drama Jay brought to the club

someone needs to photoshop jays pic with "miss me now" on it

Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:04 AM   #253

TowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 pointsTowDawg is not afraid of bears with 5051 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadViper View Post
Glad to see this happening. I was never happy with the fact they were getting paid so much to run the VCA. I am very happy with our current regional president. He is doing a good job organizing events and really cares about the "cars" and nothing else. A lot of the local people have lost faith in the VCA due to all the shit going on over there. I hope they clean house and we can get VCA back to what it should be.

It is BS that the BOD and national officers can ban their own regional presidents because they disagree with them. It is like if anyone has a differing opinion they are gone.

BTW, I wouldn't want the Alley to be the official Viper site, we couldn't have any more NWS threads.
I agree. The local guys and the AL/TN and GA (the two groups I do stuff with) officers are great people and we always have a great time together.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:26 AM   #254
JT
STALKED

JT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackAire View Post
Janni,

How realistic is the information I was given in the statement I posted yesterday regarding that this is only a car club?

"It stops being a car club when Chrysler gives you containers full of parts for free to sell and the VCA helps fund the VPA startup costs with $50k (which I don't know if it has been paid back yet).

Since there are no logs or inventory parts lists or values of what is in those containers (if there are, I've never seen them published) it can be a VERY lucrative business since the audit trail would be very faint. The potential for back door deals is scary.

Where are the parts stored, what is the building address, why is this not public??? What about inventory control??....who is doing the counting?

The car club is just the front....the real business is in the back"

This is what I've had at least two separate people that work in the industry explain to me. Any merit to it in your opinion??

Cheers,
George
Here's what I KNOW from history and what I don't.

At the formation of the VPA, and during a very tumultuous time - bankruptcy, Cerberus leaving, the serious uncertainty of Chrysler as a whole and Viper specifically - the formation of a company to maintain, store and sell OE parts / equipment and accept retired tooling, etc - seemed like a no brainer. one of the charters of the VCA is to help maintain the Viper in its original likeness - and having a way to "save" this history fit nicely.

As a wholly owned subsidiary, I am not sure whether I care if the $50K was seed money / investment or a loan and I can't remember the semantics of the vote.

Parts were bought, tooling was "bought" but for the scrap value of the raw materials and I THINK money is still owed on that.

I believe that some stuff was "given" but - as a big corp - Chrysler wasn't giving stuff away that had book value. the free stuff was likely and IIRC stuff that only us Viper freaks would appreciate. old parts that were never production, samples, literature? stuff like that of good historical value for US - but not necessarily for anyone else on the open market.

Unfortunately - right after the formation of VPA and the vote / agreement - that's precisely when any disclosure stopped. Even to the BoD. And - if you believe Lee - even to the national officers because he continued to tell me that HE could not get information. the BoD of VPA is totally separate from VCA and it APPEARS that the VPA feels no need to communicate with the VCA leadership, nor the membership.

Also - the VPA continued to morph as time went on and the mission changed - it seemed to be more about selling current parts, tires and wheels (for ANY and ALL cars) and less about the Viper. Of course this was all couched in "we're making money for the club" - Chris and Marv's version of "it's for the CHILDREN!" But - none of us were asked about these changes or about how the VPA was running, etc - because we were effectively shut out.

There was an 'audit" of sorts done by the Financial Oversight Committee - one pretty well hand selected of "friendlies" and folks who didn't have a lot of history. VPAs record keeping was given the seal of approval. Again - it was a start - but the entire process was suspect and you can't audit stuff that might not be on the books. besides - it was so hard to get VPA salary information out of the VCA / VPA - I have a hard time believing ANYTHING.

Last I knew - the parts were mainly stored at Tim W's warehouse - former VCA BoD member and the cost for storage was $5K per month. I have no idea if this is good or not. He also had provided some support for shipping, etc and utilized his existing employees until VPA hired a part timer.

I am sorry that I don't have more info - but there's been a resounding LACK of information - couched in the "trade secret" answer. (really? you buy stuff, mark it up and sell it? that's a trade secret?) or that JonB might see it - but with the same statement that VPA and Partsrack are not competitors. (huh???)

Ultimately - it's stuff like this that made me say I was gonna try to change things by running or get the hell out. I tried - failed - and now I am "out" but I still have some friends on the BoD and in a National office and support anything they re trying to do to right the ship.

If the notes from the call last night that have been posted here are accurate - then righting of the ship is at a critical point and if the Coast Guard hasn't been called - someone better get on the horn. it's a sad day.

I hope this helps.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:33 AM   #255
JT
STALKED

JT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 pointsJT is not afraid of bears with 56602 points
Quote:
I agree about Miss Janni, but have to disagree on Maurice. Let me tell you why.

-While Janni was making noises about the wrong doings going on, Maurice didnt make a peep. He didn't step up at all. To me, complacency is just as bad. He knew what was going on, yet didn't do anything about it. Now if he was actively
working from within, OK. I'm wrong. Like to see proof if that was the case though.

-There should be no " well let's let it slide" cause we like him . Maurice, as well as Randall, are National officers as well as Presidents of thier respective regions. Thats a no-no. Either the by-laws are followed completely, or we have the situation going on right now.
Maurice is a wonderful person. He's also smart, witty, and sick to death about this entire thing. he's endured a LOT of harassment from the 3 other National Officers - that carried over from the smear campaigns that Chris and marv seemed to run EVERY SINGLE YEAR to try to discredit him as a VCA leader in NorCal, and with his SRT / Chrysler relationship. Luckily - they have been largely unsuccessful. However, i will tell you that I was inundated with soooo much innuendo about Maurice ("his region does not file any financial statements" - that was a lie, Maurice has no job - he's making money off the floor mats" - that was a lie, etc) and more - that for a while I was questioning Maurice (couple years ago - NOT recently.)

Maurice has been doing what he could to SURVIVE. they have deliberately shut him out (as evidenced by the letter). he could have quit - and I probably would have if I had to work with these three - but he has stuck it out to try to have SOME integrity restored to the club and be there at the (hopeful) rebirth - just like he was originally.

Maurice may not be as mouthy as I am, but he's 100% dedicated, professional and ethical - and dealing with these clowns has put him in a very bad position - but I believe that he's choosing the path of integrity and does have what it takes to move the club forward. I trust and respect Maurice 100%. Unequivocally.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:00 AM   #256

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 108921 points
Quote:
I agree about Miss Janni, but have to disagree on Maurice. Let me tell you why.

-While Janni was making noises about the wrong doings going on, Maurice didnt make a peep. He didn't step up at all. To me, complacency is just as bad. He knew what was going on, yet didn't do anything about it. Now if he was actively
working from within, OK. I'm wrong. Like to see proof if that was the case though.

-There should be no " well let's let it slide" cause we like him . Maurice, as well as Randall, are National officers as well as Presidents of their respective regions. Thats a no-no. Either the by-laws are followed completely, or we have the situation going on right now.
Absolutely dis-agree. Maurice hardly ever posts. I don't think he is online much and just because we don't hear his discourse, does not mean he is not fighting for what is right.

Last edited by 99RT10&GTS; August 23rd, 2013 at 08:28 AM.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM   #257

dave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 34347 points
Hey Jon B...

Thought you mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, after this is all over, about getting reinstated as a vendor at the VCA. Why? Seems more symbolic at this point (with which a triumphant thrusting sword is not such a bad thing ), but from a business perspective, your customer base err VCA members have been migrating here over the past few years. Lately, in droves

Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:36 AM   #258
RMPL

My best guesses of what needs to get done to repair the Chrysler relationship:

Reinstate Jon B immediately. It's a symbol of the BOD's high handedness.

Reinstate suspended member posters, on probation, moderated by other members, not the BOD and friends

BOD resign, effective in 30 days so a new election can occur. Members vote?

Marshals resign, effective 4 months so the new BOD can replace them.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:40 AM   #259
JT
STALKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiego View Post
My best guesses of what needs to get done to repair the Chrysler relationship:

Reinstate Jon B immediately. It's a symbol of the BOD's high handedness.

Reinstate suspended member posters, on probation, moderated by other members, not the BOD and friends

BOD resign, effective in 30 days so a new election can occur. Members vote?

Marshals resign, effective 4 months so the new BOD can replace them.
There's a reasonable number of things in there that are not supported by the current bylaws - so they would have to be changed / voted on - and you need a quorum in order to be able to do that. So - the mass resignation probably won't help - because the bylaws then do call for "appointments", etc.

Personally, I think suspensions are in order for at least 2 of the national officers (and likely a former pres, as well as a certain member / employee) for conduct detrimental to the club - based solely on the content and affirmations in the letter- but there appears to be so much more.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #260

JohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 pointsJohnnyLightning is not afraid of bears with 34456 points
I hope he gets canned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in