Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Virtual Works Racing Twin Turbo Viper Build. (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94198)

Ben @ VWR September 2nd, 2011 02:39 PM

Virtual Works Racing Twin Turbo Viper Build.

15 Attachment(s)
Just want to come on and show the twin turbo build we are doing right now. Just getting started with the build, but I will be updating as progress is being made.

The car.
Attachment 38917
Attachment 38918

Pics of the upper and lower hard pipes
Attachment 38919
Attachment 38920
Attachment 38921

Pics of the turbo's. DBB Billet GTX 80mm with S.S. Tial V-band housings.
Attachment 38922
Attachment 38923
Attachment 38924
Attachment 38925

Wiggins clamps for the intercooler piping.
Attachment 38926
Attachment 38927

Pic of the twin drive by wire throttle body setup.
Attachment 38928

Pics of the 5-1 collectors.
Attachment 38929
Attachment 38930
Attachment 38931

Thats all for now. I will post more as it happens.

coupe September 2nd, 2011 03:32 PM

Lotsa nice parts... getting them all together and working in harmony is the tough part. Keep us updated on the build.

sagev viper September 2nd, 2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben @ VWR (Post 1450684)
Just want to come on and show the twin turbo build we are doing right now. Just getting started with the build, but I will be updating as progress is being made.

The car.
Attachment 38917
Attachment 38918

Pics of the upper and lower hard pipes
Attachment 38919
Attachment 38920
Attachment 38921

Pics of the turbo's. DBB Billet GTX 80mm with S.S. Tial V-band housings.
Attachment 38922
Attachment 38923
Attachment 38924
Attachment 38925

Wiggins clamps for the intercooler piping.
Attachment 38926
Attachment 38927

Pic of the twin drive by wire throttle body setup.
Attachment 38928

Pics of the 5-1 collectors.
Attachment 38929
Attachment 38930
Attachment 38931

Thats all for now. I will post more as it happens.

Ben

That stuff looks familiar!

Frank

Ben @ VWR September 2nd, 2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagev viper (Post 1450713)
Ben

That stuff looks familiar!

Frank

I don't see how?? Lol.. J/K..

[email protected] September 2nd, 2011 04:40 PM

cant wait to see finished! Looks good

sagev viper September 2nd, 2011 04:42 PM

some more stuff that'll be going on the car
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/IMG_1897.jpg
seemingly miles of xrp hypalon lines for the dry sump
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/IMG_1896.jpg
the legendary AMS 1000 (sebastian @ NLR)

VETTENVIPER September 2nd, 2011 04:45 PM

Franks vision and funds partnered up with Dana and Ben!! Lookout that will be a bad bitch!!

Good luck guys

sagev viper September 2nd, 2011 04:46 PM

more parts

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...IMG_1778-1.jpg
motec PDM's
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/IMG_1777.jpg
motec VCS

Ben didn't post with the hood up b/c there a HUGE snarl of wiring that is a full race harness that I'm doing with John Reed, it looks a mess right now. The Motec PDM's will handle the power distribution, I've removed the factory PCM and the factory fuse box

sagev viper September 2nd, 2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 1450719)
cant wait to see finished! Looks good

me either!!

Thanks for the turbos, the AMS & the Tial WG's. Oh and the weldon pump and the ID2000's that I haven't even ordered yet!!

Paolo Castellano September 2nd, 2011 04:49 PM

Frank, congrats to stepping up to have a turbo system built that can make some really usable power!

From what I can see, that car will get it done!

Good luck!

P.S. is the dry sump going in the back?

Paolo Castellano September 2nd, 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupe (Post 1450700)
Lotsa nice parts... getting them all together and working in harmony is the tough part. Keep us updated on the build.

All Frank needs to make it work in harmony is Money and knowledge. Frank has the money, Virtual works has the knowledge and experience to make it work...

sagev viper September 2nd, 2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupe (Post 1450700)

earth shattering words of wisdom. google virtual works or dana westover, you'll then have a frame of reference for your comment

sagev viper September 2nd, 2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VETTENVIPER (Post 1450722)
Franks vision and funds partnered up with Dana and Ben!! Lookout that will be a bad bitch!!

Good luck guys

Funds? Ha, my ex wife has funds!!! Vision, well she'd have that too if she thought it could be commoditized, lol

My car, Dana/Ben doing the fab, maybe we need you driving!

sagev viper September 2nd, 2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolo Castellano (Post 1450727)
Frank, congrats to stepping up to have a turbo system built that can make some really usable power!

From what I can see, that car will get it done!

Good luck!

P.S. is the dry sump going in the back?

thanks paolo

the pan is a dailey pan, stef's tank is mounted in the back, hence the miles of lines!

Ben @ VWR September 3rd, 2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VETTENVIPER (Post 1450722)

Good luck guys

Thank you. Its going to be a fun build!

Ben @ VWR September 3rd, 2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolo Castellano (Post 1450729)
All Frank needs to make it work in harmony is Money and knowledge. Frank has the money, Virtual works has the knowledge and experience to make it work...

Thanks for the kind words! Its going to be fun getting in to the viper market.

Viper4Christ September 3rd, 2011 02:12 AM

Those T4 80mm units look mighty nice (and powerful) if the Viper turns out like there Supra builds I've seen, the finished product will be nothing short of perfect in all aspects. :nod:

1fast400 September 3rd, 2011 10:05 AM

Your car was nasty before, what are you trying to do with it? Particular type of race?

sagev viper September 3rd, 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fast400 (Post 1450941)
Your car was nasty before, what are you trying to do with it? Particular type of race?

Long story short is that Sebastian and i began talking about our cars during a discussion about sequential transmissions. Seb is very knowledgeable about all aspects of FI, so when he researched turbos and was able to get me the first set of the badass tial's that are going into the car, I traded him a spare tilton quad carbon clutch for the set.

I already had the car apart to strip some further weigh out (the wiring project and the xrp lines). I got ambitious and decided i'd build headers as well, even bought a welder. Also had made the decision to go ETB's, which was going to require some additional fab work. As I got started i got embroiled in a nasty divorce, the car sat for 6 months.

Enter today; the new turbos required new hot/cold side piping. the TB's required new piping from IC to the intake manifold. John Reed had introduced me to Dana awhile back. Since it had been about 10 months and I hadn't even turned the welder on I knew I'd never get the fab work done, so I dropped the car of to VW. VW will do the fab on all the new plumbing, etc. I am still using the original IC, but working with marston to get a different core, redo that as well.

As to particular race, none. Still want to chase that mile number, didn't think the 76's would get me there.

1fast400 September 3rd, 2011 12:28 PM

Just glad you kept the viper in the divorce! Good luck with it. You plan on doing the mile this year or next?