Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Viper is a just not a sportscar (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92064)

seppen May 2nd, 2011 03:18 PM

Viper is a just not a sportscar

I have a
2005 SRT 10 Convertible

I am from germany and I am driving my viper only most of the time
up the mountains. I have never been on racingtracks . And I am take care of oiltepeture. never push the car hard if the oil is not hot.

than this shitty noises from the engine.

my engine broke down !!!!
stock engine, 11000 miles 3 times Oilchange.

Crankshaft gone, 2 Pistons gone, bearing gone,
pushrods gone, lifters gone

and so on.

why do they produce so shitty week engines.

and not ever the german dealership was telling me about this problem.

seppen

FLATOUT May 2nd, 2011 03:32 PM

Have you met Tornado?

Hugh Jass May 2nd, 2011 03:35 PM

Boring

jslimm May 2nd, 2011 10:39 PM

Extremely rare for anyone with a stock engine to report an engine failure like that. I can't remember anyone with such a failure unless they had forced induction that had issues with a bad tune or a water/meth system that wasn't working.

madninjaskillz May 2nd, 2011 11:02 PM

I can has engrish workinthe muntains bye bravia. why stoopid merican carzalways broking?

Rocman May 2nd, 2011 11:07 PM

Dodge sucks. It's Mercedes' fault.

seppen May 3rd, 2011 01:13 AM

stock engine, with a K/N Filter and belanger exhaust.

is this a generell problem with the gen3 engines ?

best regards
seppen

seppen May 3rd, 2011 01:18 AM

sorry for my bad english.
I am not a mercedes fan at all !!!!!!
why is this boring ?

seppen

99RT10&GTS May 3rd, 2011 01:35 AM

Take everything here with a grain of salt, or maybe a 0.5L of bier. :D :D :D

Chuck Tator can help, call him at 914-763-3136

Zentenk May 3rd, 2011 04:09 AM

I heard all the 07 SRT-10 break down constantly, sometimes killing the driver and passenger with radiation.

jslimm May 3rd, 2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seppen (Post 1416258)
sorry for my bad english.
I am not a mercedes fan at all !!!!!!
why is this boring ?

seppen

You have come to the wrong web site to ask serious technical questions if that was your desire. The whole point of this website is to joke and give folks a "hard time." That isn't so obvious to some people, especially foreigners. The other Viper forum website would be a better place to ask questions in; but, you will still get a hard time if you start your post with a statement that Viper engines are shitty. :down:

The Former PFR May 3rd, 2011 08:23 AM

The advice to call Tator is good advice. As was said, this is, by no means, a common occurence. Honestly, I am racking my brain to try and think of another stock engine failing in such a manner and I can think of one...and it's sort of a fuzzy memory. FYI, your English is better than my German.

Did you lose oil pressure?

bespoke May 3rd, 2011 08:31 AM

mmmmHHHHmmmmm

forexx4 May 3rd, 2011 08:40 AM

As said before, get out of here and ask at the other site because your unlikely to get any good advice (besides Tator's #)

Disturbed 01 May 3rd, 2011 09:23 AM

You've had to run it low on oil. These engines are about as tough as they come. Bolt-on a supercharger, fuel and exhaust and even then 750bhp is fine.

Next Phase May 3rd, 2011 10:56 AM

Ae?

Viper Explorer May 3rd, 2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed 01 (Post 1416304)
You've had to run it low on oil. These engines are about as tough as they come. Bolt-on a supercharger, fuel and exhaust and even then 750bhp is fine.

Hell you have guys with 100k+ on their engines and that still track race with no issues.

Very rare for this motor to blow stock, I can recall only 1 other one off hand... btw Seppen you must not have heard of your famous make over there, Porsche, and all their engine troubles over the last 10 years or so especially the 996 models lol.

The Former PFR May 3rd, 2011 01:05 PM

There is a ROE Supercharged stock engine which has over 200k miles on it. I don't remember where the webpage was, but I saw it a few years ago. Guy tracks it and everything.

seppen May 3rd, 2011 01:58 PM

I already called chuck and
is helping me a lot.
thanxs to him.
If we would have guys like him, than It would be much easier to handle with
engine problems.
The best sportscars is nothing whitout good mechanics.

thanxs for the telefonnumber !

best regards
Josef.:):):)

twinturboterror May 3rd, 2011 04:00 PM

they sell vipers in Germania?