Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Widebody Viper DC!!! LISTEN DAMNT!! (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47019)

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 04:56 PM

Widebody Viper DC!!! LISTEN DAMNT!!
 
What doesn't DC get about the looks of an exotic car. Don't get me wrong, I love the Srt-10. My dad has an '05 twin turbo w/ an automatic tranny and I think it is beautiful. However, the straight sides of the srt-10's really gives it a tame look. Look at an almost any bad ass supercar and what do you usually notice, dramatic fenders and huge air openings. You also notice unconventional methos for opening the hood, trunk, and sometimes even doors.

Now the viper doors open just fine. Lambo doors belong on a lambo unless your a retarted rapper or athlete who will put anything flashy on their car to be noticed. But the hood, come on. The new hood looks pussy when it is open. Why not find a way to hinge the comp coupe hood so that the fenders are part of the hood, which will also gives it cleaner lines from the front. And the gill opening, that needs to be at least 1-2 inches wider on each side. The side sills also need to be widened as well as the rear fenders. I personally feel the fenders should be 2-3 inches wider on each side in the rear.

Now keep in mind this needs to be tastefully done. I don't want some ghetto ricer widebody kit. I want DC to forget about their bullshit mercedes line for a moment, and instead focus time, effort, and money into getting it right this time. All supercars are wide as hell, at least the ones that make everybody drool. It is the low wide, out or proportion look that catches the eye.

And as for the price. I understand the viper started off with super power for a super price, but a new era has emerged. If you are gonna complain about paying $90k + for the new viper then maybe you should get a firepower. I think a price tag of up to 115k is reasonable, provided they give a min of 650 HP, widebody, update plastic in interior, offer better leather and more colors, provide carbon body panels, and do a few other things i havent thought of.

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 05:00 PM

And my alternate idea is to spread out production cost even more, by offering the firepower, the "regular" viper, and then a super viper. The regular viper would come in around the current price and the super viper would go for $150k. The current production numbers could stay the same for the regular viper (although i think they are making waaaay too many for an exotic car), and the super viper would be produced with a max of 500 units if only a coupe, and if both coupe and vert are offered, then a max of 1000, which i think is still pushing it.

boplaw August 22nd, 2006 05:08 PM

I'll be sure to pass your thoughts and ideas on to DC. Thanks.

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 05:19 PM

just felt like sharing my thoughts.

ROLLMODEL August 22nd, 2006 05:25 PM

Post pics of the dad's "tt srt coupe w/ automatic trans".

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 05:42 PM

ill take some and get them up in a day or two. It is completely stock looking (red) with the exception of some mopar part on the rear diffuser. It was done by RSI, although it took them forever to get the auto right. We went through 3 torque converters before the tranny stopped overheating. The final one being a 12.5 inch i believe.

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 05:43 PM

oh yeah, and its a vert, not a coupe. they didnt make 05 coupes.

AUSTIN August 22nd, 2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BgCk13 (Post 726143)
oh yeah, and its a vert, not a coupe. they didnt make 05 coupes.




You serious? No '05 coupes?

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 06:15 PM

if you read up you will notice i originally said dad had an 05. Then someone posted "Post pics of the dad's "tt srt coupe w/ automatic trans". I never said he had a coupe, all i said was he had an 05. THus the reason for my postings.

And by the way, you do some bad ass photochops.

SWEEN August 22nd, 2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boplaw (Post 726109)
I'll be sure to pass your thoughts and ideas on to DC. Thanks.

:lolcry:

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 06:30 PM

Thought i had a good idea to get the viper back on top given the problems DC seems to be having, mainly funding for the viper program.... Which is why the coupe has the gts tails. to save money. GM spared no expense on the Z06, and i just thought it would be nice if DC did the same for their american flagship car.

im honestly not trying to stir up shit, I was just looking for constructive criticism/input.

JLemke August 22nd, 2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BgCk13 (Post 726103)
What doesn't DC get about the looks of an exotic car. Don't get me wrong, I love the Srt-10. My dad has an '05 twin turbo w/ an automatic tranny and I think it is beautiful. However, the straight sides of the srt-10's really gives it a tame look. Look at an almost any bad ass supercar and what do you usually notice, dramatic fenders and huge air openings. You also notice unconventional methos for opening the hood, trunk, and sometimes even doors.

Now the viper doors open just fine. Lambo doors belong on a lambo unless your a retarted rapper or athlete who will put anything flashy on their car to be noticed. But the hood, come on. The new hood looks pussy when it is open. Why not find a way to hinge the comp coupe hood so that the fenders are part of the hood, which will also gives it cleaner lines from the front. And the gill opening, that needs to be at least 1-2 inches wider on each side. The side sills also need to be widened as well as the rear fenders. I personally feel the fenders should be 2-3 inches wider on each side in the rear.

Now keep in mind this needs to be tastefully done. I don't want some ghetto ricer widebody kit. I want DC to forget about their bullshit mercedes line for a moment, and instead focus time, effort, and money into getting it right this time. All supercars are wide as hell, at least the ones that make everybody drool. It is the low wide, out or proportion look that catches the eye.

And as for the price. I understand the viper started off with super power for a super price, but a new era has emerged. If you are gonna complain about paying $90k + for the new viper then maybe you should get a firepower. I think a price tag of up to 115k is reasonable, provided they give a min of 650 HP, widebody, update plastic in interior, offer better leather and more colors, provide carbon body panels, and do a few other things i havent thought of.

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/1186wb4.JPG

Yes, it has carbon fiber panels.

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 06:32 PM

whoever is doing that widebody kit is definitely on the right track. that thing looks sick!

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 06:33 PM

it definitely gives that aggressive look back to the viper. Can't wait to see the results.

AUSTIN August 22nd, 2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BgCk13 (Post 726165)
if you read up you will notice i originally said dad had an 05. Then someone posted "Post pics of the dad's "tt srt coupe w/ automatic trans". I never said he had a coupe, all i said was he had an 05. THus the reason for my postings.

And by the way, you do some bad ass photochops.




I know. I was just fuckin' with ya. It was a small Alley wlecome. Thanks for the compliment.:cool:

Dohhunter August 22nd, 2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLemke (Post 726174)
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/1186wb4.JPG

Yes, it has carbon fiber panels.

Anyone have more pics of that car?

bespoke August 22nd, 2006 10:13 PM

yeah
the thread is called "jeff, august is soon approaching" or something like that

AUSTIN August 22nd, 2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BgCk13 (Post 726287)
yeah
the thread is called "jeff, august is soon approaching" or something like that



Dude, check your PM's.

JJB500 August 23rd, 2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BgCk13 (Post 726173)
Thought i had a good idea to get the viper back on top given the problems DC seems to be having, mainly funding for the viper program.... Which is why the coupe has the gts tails. to save money. GM spared no expense on the Z06, and i just thought it would be nice if DC did the same for their american flagship car.

im honestly not trying to stir up shit, I was just looking for constructive criticism/input.

GM Spared no expense on the Z06? It has the same rear bumper cover as the base C6. What the fuck are those cheap mud flaps, they look like after thoughts.

bespoke August 23rd, 2006 10:33 AM

LOL. yeah. ITS A VETTE. NOT A NEW MODEL. they spared no expense in getting what they want for their target price range

bespoke August 23rd, 2006 10:34 AM

they set their target, and did what they had to achieve it, and they did

The Great One August 23rd, 2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLemke (Post 726174)
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/1186wb4.JPG

Yes, it has carbon fiber panels.

How is it coming along Jeff? I can't wait to see the finished product, especially on a Coupe. :thumbsup:

JLemke August 23rd, 2006 02:53 PM

I'm cutting it close. The basic car should be complete the week after Labor day, then I'll take a couple of weeks to work on details that may need improving. I would love to have enough time to refine the hard top a bit more, but I don't think I will.

I simply hope I have no acidents on my drive from Michigan to Vegas (or ever for that matter).

I think this kit would look pretty good on a production coupe. However, a lower roof line like the show car..... Hmmm....

bespoke August 23rd, 2006 03:41 PM

yeah i am dying here. cant you give us an idea of what the back looks like. Not just a description, but maybe a blurred photo or a artist's rendering so we can get an idea of the proportion from the rear

i am developing a twitch from awaiting the results

JLemke August 23rd, 2006 05:11 PM

The rear will be a bit controversial, I think. I like the production coupe rear better than the Comp Coupe, so that is what it is based on. I know many people do not like the rear of the new coupe, but I think it is pure genius.

Having said that, it is not EXACTLY like it. It is wider, of course, and the rear spoiler looks HUGE when it's on a vert decklid (some may not like that either). This new rear makes the car look short and the hood look extra loooong.

Personally, I love it.

Because I think it will cause debate, I'm saving pics until completion.

Sorry. Two more weeks.

Jeff

JLemke August 23rd, 2006 05:13 PM

Maybe I'll send Austin a private pic he can clean up to show.

Jeff

bespoke August 23rd, 2006 05:22 PM

i dont like the the back of the coupe a whole lot as it is too high, but i feel like it is a great canvas. there just needs to more of a gap in the wraparound. more distance between the outside of the tails and the widest part of the car. i am sure the kit is gonna look killer.

Dohhunter August 23rd, 2006 05:39 PM

Jeff, any preliminary pricing?

AUSTIN August 23rd, 2006 06:39 PM

I've seen what you all want to see; its gonna look GOOOOOOD. (sorry, had to rub it in;))

JLemke August 23rd, 2006 06:42 PM

Pricing will vary depending how much a person wants done or is willing to do. The guy who does not want to lift a finger can send his car to me and I'll do the entire conversion for just over 20k.

If someone wanted to get some cash back, they would then have about 12k worth (or more) in perfectly good SRT exterior body panels to sell.

The do it your self-er can buy the panels for 12.5k constructed with carbon fiber, 10k for all glass panels.

Dohhunter August 23rd, 2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLemke (Post 726730)
Pricing will vary depending how much a person wants done or is willing to do. The rich guy who does not want to lift a finger can send his car to me and I'll do the entire conversion for just over 20k.

If someone wanted to get some cash back, they would then have about 12k worth (or more) in perfectly good SRT exterior body panels to sell.

The do it your self-er can buy the panels for 12.5k constructed with carbon fiber, 10k for all glass panels.

What kind of production numbers are you looking at?

JLemke August 23rd, 2006 07:35 PM

I have no idea. It completely depends on demand.

This is definately a "lay your balls on the line" project for a small business. If people think the car sucks and I don't sell any, I'm screwed. If I only sell a few and I getmy investment back, then I at least get to break even and drive around in what I think is a cool car.

If I convert 10 cars a year I'll be happy and say the project was worth it.

The Great One August 23rd, 2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUSTIN (Post 726728)
I've seen what you all want to see; its gonna look GOOOOOOD. (sorry, had to rub it in;))

I hate you.






















:D

AUSTIN August 23rd, 2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great One (Post 726768)
I hate you.






















:D





Your hatred will pass after you've seen the finished product.:D

JLemke August 23rd, 2006 08:41 PM

Geez. Expectations sound like they may be getting high. Not sure if it will reach that height.










But it does look good.

AUSTIN August 23rd, 2006 08:56 PM

Jeff, you know it looks good. Im sure not everyone will like it, but Im pretty positive that the majority will love it.

bespoke August 23rd, 2006 09:02 PM

You will meet expectations. I am sure of it. I have looked at every body mod and hardtop out there. Your hard top exceeds them all and so far what i see of your kit has beat all the alternatives by leaps and bounds.

AUSTIN August 23rd, 2006 09:05 PM

IMO, Jeff's hardtop looks just as good or better than the Carbon Concepts top.

bespoke August 23rd, 2006 09:14 PM

you want to see a monstrosity of a mod for the SRT, check out the autoform wing for the srt (not the spoiler, thats alright)

The Great One August 23rd, 2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUSTIN (Post 726815)
IMO, Jeff's hardtop looks just as good or better than the Carbon Concepts top.

Wow, I completely forgot about the hardtop. And here I was thinking that the kit would look better on a Coupe, when Jeff already has a way to turn the vert into a coupe :D

From what I have seen so far, I think this kit will be a hit. Get ready for the orders to start pouring in when you unveil the complete kit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
ViperAlley.com is in no way affiliated with Daimler Chrysler. Dodge, Viper, RT/10, the Viper logo and likeness are registered trademarks of Daimler Chrysler.
The contents of this site are owned by ViperAlley.Com and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the Administrator.