2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Speakers - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT For discussions about the SRT, SRT Coupe, and ACR models.

2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Speakers

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 22nd, 2020, 08:10 PM   #1
n00b

sleether5347 is unremarkable with 10 points

I have a 2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible. I believe there are 6 speakers total (2 dash, 2 door and 2 center rear). Does anyone know the sizes of the speakers?? Many thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 25th, 2020, 02:08 AM   #2

latamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 pointslatamud is not afraid of bears with 4106 points
Center is 1 single sub, the other hole is a baffle. There are two tweeters on the package tray next to the roll hoops. The two dash speakers are tiny, if you gently pry the grills up you will see what I'm talking about.

Old December 1st, 2020, 12:03 PM   #3
n00b

luxuryrules is unremarkable with 10 points
I'm a little curious about this myself. Same setup. Feasible to go aftermarket? Is there a factory amp somewhere that needs to get bypassed? Aftermarket speakers relatively close to fit or did Dodge use some oddball sizes?

Old December 1st, 2020, 06:43 PM   #4
n00b

V10Sidepipes is unremarkable with 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxuryrules View Post
I'm a little curious about this myself. Same setup. Feasible to go aftermarket? Is there a factory amp somewhere that needs to get bypassed? Aftermarket speakers relatively close to fit or did Dodge use some oddball sizes?
Amp is under the passenger seat. You can easily swap out the door and dash tweeters. When I did mine, I just took out the rear speakers as they are basically useless anyway.

Old December 11th, 2020, 08:51 AM   #5
n00b

luxuryrules is unremarkable with 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by V10Sidepipes View Post
Amp is under the passenger seat. You can easily swap out the door and dash tweeters. When I did mine, I just took out the rear speakers as they are basically useless anyway.
Cool, thank you.

What's the story on that center subwoofer? Is it even worth trying to replace/update or should I just bypass it too and use a 4 speaker system? Mine's pretty well blown.

Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:28 PM   #6
Enthusiast

Super_Villain is well liked with 157 pointsSuper_Villain is well liked with 157 points
Quote:
Cool, thank you.

What's the story on that center subwoofer? Is it even worth trying to replace/update or should I just bypass it too and use a 4 speaker system? Mine's pretty well blown.
Depends...what kind of stuff do you listen to? And do you think it needs any kind of lower frequencies/bass? Imagine listening to music through a pair of cheap, wired ear buds. That's what it will sound like with no subwoofer. If you are okay with that then fine.

I went a bit more extreme with my stereo set up so you know where I stand on the Viper's stock system.

Old January 23rd, 2021, 03:48 PM   #7
n00b

V10Sidepipes is unremarkable with 10 points
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by V10Sidepipes View Post
Cool, thank you.

You will want to replace (or update if you can) the sub. Without it you will loose some lows that the car can’t really afford to lose. If you don’t have (or like) passengers, building a box in the front of the footwell seems best. I have a bigger custom box in the stock location on mine because I didn’t want to lose the foot space (tall wife). You definitely don’t want to delete it though.
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in