Odd Wiper and Turn Signal Issue - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT For discussions about the SRT, SRT Coupe, and ACR models.

Odd Wiper and Turn Signal Issue

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 18th, 2020, 07:51 PM   #1

Thin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 points

Good afternoon all... been awhile since I was on the site, but I have a question and I come to the experts begging for your assistance. My Viper is a 2006 Vert.

I recently had the local Dodge dealer complete the Occupant Restraint Control Module recall and the Clutch Interlock Switch Recall.

I got it back and now my windshield wipers don't work at all (neither wipers or washer function) and my turn signals do not self cancel.

I took it back to them.. and after waiting three weeks they now say that my clockspring needs replaced as well as the turn signal switch. They want $900 of parts plus labor to repair.

Does that make sense to anyone? I am pretty mechanically inclined... how difficult to replace the clockspring and turn signal switch....

Thanks in advance,
Lance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 18th, 2020, 09:43 PM   #2
Enthusiast

HughJass hangs with the Hiddens with 653 pointsHughJass hangs with the Hiddens with 653 pointsHughJass hangs with the Hiddens with 653 pointsHughJass hangs with the Hiddens with 653 pointsHughJass hangs with the Hiddens with 653 pointsHughJass hangs with the Hiddens with 653 points
Sir, I replaced the clock spring in my GTS, and it was easy.

Old November 19th, 2020, 09:27 AM   #3

Thin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 points
Thank you!

Old November 19th, 2020, 05:15 PM   #4

jslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 pointsjslimm is not afraid of bears with 10984 points
If you do it, make sure that you correctly "safe" the airbag system so that you don't accidentally set it off during disassembly.

Old November 19th, 2020, 08:12 PM   #5
n00b

V10Sidepipes is unremarkable with 10 points
I did the switches in mine when I had issues with them working intermittently. It was extremely easy. If things worked before they touched it and they don’t now, my first course of action would be speak to the manager and see what they are going to do about it, not spend $1000 for them to mess something else up again.

That’s about $400 in parts and maybe 10 screws worth of work if that’s all actually bad.

I don’t see why they would have been anywhere near those parts for those recalls though. When I had my ORC recall done recently, I took the car apart for them so I didn’t have to worry about anything getting damaged. Nothing in the steering column had to be touched.

Old November 28th, 2020, 06:51 PM   #6

Oddly... the instructions for the ORC have them lowering the steering column.. for the life of me I cannot figure out why..... but I had them print them and give to me.....

Old November 28th, 2020, 07:39 PM   #7

Brickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 pointsBrickhead is The Man with 1526 points
My past 2 stealership visits both resulted in them fucking something up & instead of just saying they did it, or better yet just correct the issue, they attempted to lie & make shit up & charge me. Nope!

Latest = "yea my tech was unable to remove the lug nut so he broke the stud & it'll be $184 to repair" vs "yea my monkey tech thinks hes a pit crew tire changer & instead of hand threading the lugs on he just starts them with the gun & cross-threaded one & broke it off"...

Fuck them...

Old November 29th, 2020, 01:16 PM   #8

@V10....can you point me to any instructions on what you had to do to replace? Any special tools... I assume steering wheel has to come off?? Seems like it should be easy..... but you never know! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in