Aftermarket Seats that fit in a Gen 3? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT For discussions about the SRT, SRT Coupe, and ACR models.

Aftermarket Seats that fit in a Gen 3?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old April 10th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Enthusiast

MambaViper is a B-Teamer with 102 pointsMambaViper is a B-Teamer with 102 points

Looking for help from anyone that knows for sure what aftermarket seats fit in a Gen 3. I didn't realize how many popular seat choices don't fit in this car.

I was looking for a more aggressive seat than the stocker for the track w/4 to 6 pt harnesses but still able to drive on the street without the Head protection the pure race seats have.

I am only interested in 1 model from RaceTech USA so far.....as most of their seats are a bit too hardcore for what i am looking for......i was hopeing to run something more like a Sparco Evo 2.....but need it to fit and would like sliders on it as well. I would consider Recaro seats as well. Any advice would be appreciated.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #2

mjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 pointsmjorgensen is not afraid of bears with 3834 points
Any race seat is a serious pain to install because they will fit tight down into the floor pan. The Racetech seats are the only ones I know of that will fit (very close) to the door panels. All the other seats will need to have the shoulder wing cut down to be able to close the door. The Evo is wide there so will need to be cut. I think I remember 21" being the wing span that will fit in the normal area, I also think the stock seat is 19" wide there?

Old April 11th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #3

Alternative hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsAlternative hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsAlternative hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsAlternative hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsAlternative hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsAlternative hangs with the Hiddens with 570 points
As Mark stated, nothing else really fits without trimming the shoulder wing. If you don't like how the Racetech seats look, these will fit without any trimming...

Old April 14th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Enthusiast

MambaViper is a B-Teamer with 102 pointsMambaViper is a B-Teamer with 102 points
Thanks for the replys...i'm ordering RaceTechs right now. Probably going to be a fixed seat. I would of liked to put it on sliders but it looks like its going to be too much of a pain. I'm just happy they fit.

Old April 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #5
n00b

Noisy is unremarkable with 10 points
Anyone already figured out how to deal with the airbags error codes?

Old April 14th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #6
n00b

What brand are those seats on a GTR?

Old April 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #7

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
Tillets.

Old April 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #8
n00b

Thanks Flatout

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #9
n00b

DreamCarAutoClub gives handjobs for crack. with -48 points
those seats in the gtr are tooo sickk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in