where were all the mile racers when - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

where were all the mile racers when

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 25th, 2003, 06:10 PM   #1

jkracer is well liked with 220 pointsjkracer is well liked with 220 pointsjkracer is well liked with 220 points

SW driving his motor only Viper with 93oct. (Motor built by RACING SOLUTIONS) came in second at 191.03 MPH at the one mile run.
A TT Vette came in first at 191.04 MPH.
SW with his motor only by RSI took second, no TT, no SC but motor only. Where were all the TT and SC Vipers?
I thought I read a post where JH and another tuners would be there. Where were all the other mile racers?

Congrats to SW with his motor only Viper for coming in second with only a hairs difference in speed from the TT vette.
Racing Solutions knows how to build a motor, that's a fact jack.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: where were all the mile racers when
Old October 25th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #2

SVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 points

Congratulations SW and RSI!!!!!!

Goes to show ya how fast you can go at sea level.
John H. went 197 w/ 670hp (not sure if that was at the wheels or what)

How much Hp/Tq was the vette?
what was the Hp/Tq of the RSI Viper?

Sounds like it would have been a piece of cake to go over 200mph for the forced induction crowd.

Man if there was a 1 mile event close to us, I'm sure we would be there.

And ya know Paolo would'nt miss it.

How was the surface?

Is this the new playground? 1 miler club

Im sure SW wants more [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Jr.

Old October 25th, 2003, 07:20 PM   #3

Paolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 pointsPaolo Castellano is not afraid of bears with 5751 points

Congratulations SW! How do you like to keep going way past the mile?

I think the standing mile is the best!(Aside from salt flats top speed runs!)

Where was this race?

What was the elevation?

Like Jr. asked, how was the surface?

Will there be another one in the next few months?

I would bet SW got to the 1/4 mile before Jr. or myself did!

Come on! enquiring minds want to know!

Old October 25th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #4
Supporting Vendor

John Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 points

Rohn - we would have loved to come and race. Family commitment was the only thing keeping us from attending. Congrats to SW and RSI on a strong showing.

Old October 27th, 2003, 01:25 PM   #5

FAST? is unremarkable with 10 points

how did the vette 191.03 beat sw 191.04?

Old October 27th, 2003, 01:36 PM   #6

jkracer is well liked with 220 pointsjkracer is well liked with 220 pointsjkracer is well liked with 220 points

Your right I posted it backwards, must of been standing on my head, not a qtr mile run but top speed huh.

Old October 27th, 2003, 02:59 PM   #7

SnakeBit10 is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsSnakeBit10 is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsSnakeBit10 is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsSnakeBit10 is definately a better person than you are with 420 pointsSnakeBit10 is definately a better person than you are with 420 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST?
how did the vette 191.03 beat sw 191.04?
It was vette 191.30...check the .org

Old October 28th, 2003, 08:10 AM   #8

MacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 pointsMacedoMS hangs with the Hiddens with 640 points

Hmm, must have been a TX only invite? This is the first I've heard of this event other than when I congratulated RSI over @ .org

Old October 28th, 2003, 09:27 AM   #9
Enthusiast

StreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 points

Thanks for the comments. I was trying to figure out what gear to run and didn't know what to expect. I decided to leave the 3.33 gear in it. I ran out of gear about 250ft from the end. I hit 6500 in 5th and had to back off the gas and ran 6400 through the traps. Next time I'm going to try the 3.07. The surface was real smooth, shutdown area was alittle tight, but it was ok and it was hot and humid. Can't wait for the next one..

SW

Old October 28th, 2003, 11:32 PM   #10

viper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 pointsviper spray is not afraid of bears with 88140 points

Congrats SW , good job!!

Last edited by viper spray; September 22nd, 2006 at 11:21 AM.

Old October 29th, 2003, 12:12 AM   #11

Dr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsDr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsDr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsDr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsDr Roof is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 points

Sw

Great Job as always!

What gear was you running in BG when you set the all motor Record?

ALso I have a buddy looking for a 360 spyder can you help him out?

let me know

Old October 29th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #12
Enthusiast

StreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 pointsStreetKing hangs with the Hiddens with 580 points

David, I was running the same gear. I have a 360 spyder instock now, give me a call.

Thanks, SW

Old October 30th, 2003, 10:25 PM   #13
Enthusiast

opnwide is a B-Teamer with 70 points

congrats, SW.
I saw his car dyno at Maxwell Dodge in Sept, and WOW what a sound! RSI did a great job. I wish I could afford to take one of my cars there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in