Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

APEX 750 featured on the cover of Car and Driver in 2001 for Sale

5K views 70 replies 30 participants last post by  Torquemonster 
#1 ·
I have in my possession the 2001 Apex Lethal 750 featured on the cover of Car and Driver as well as other Viper enthusiast magazines. I am selling this car for a client, There is not even a scratch on it, everything is operating at 100%. It has 11,900 miles on it. The vehicle is a 2001 Viper ACR APEX Lethal 750. It has many custom fabricated parts like intake and front clip I have every document and piece of paperwork to show you the history and specs on this specific car. It was designed for the Car and Driver's 10,000 Horsepower Shootout. Out of over a dozen vehicles it placed 6th place. It has over 750hp and over 800 ft/lbs of torque. Top Speed of well over 225mph. Everything about this car is one of a kind, one in the world. Please message me in regards to your interest, I will give you all the facts I also have this vehicle registered in DuPont Registry. This is a opportunity to own a piece of Viper history, also I have original copies of the magazines it is featured in. Thank you I look forward to you calls and emails my name is Zac and I am located in Northeast, WI and the car is in a temp controlled garage.

#17 ·
This thread has turned amazing...the Alley at it's best. Mods jumping on the motherfucker, wrench-turners talking shit, guys that know Apex bashing builds...EPIC.

Carry on.

#20 · (Edited)
I remember seeing this car on motor trend television back when it first came out in 2001. From what I remember, it's actually a nicely built car just need to take the chrome accents off it. MT went on to say that this car had very goof throttle response and good power under the curve. Not worth 110K though, considering apex motorsports was around for short time and only built the small handful of cars...

#22 ·
This is a great car, whatever you want to say here are the pictures and by judging the people bitching about it, looking at your cars i am not suprised, it is selling for 75k or obo Do what you want with the shit inside, its a piece of viper history get at me if you are interested

Look it up at Dupont for pics I got the vin and everything on there it will not let me link Urls on this site

#25 ·
Half of $75,000 ? It has close to $200,000 in upgrades it is a naturally aspirated motor 9 liter 0-60 time in the 3's top speed of more than 240mph. There is not one flaw on the entire body anywhere 11,800 milles on it all records for everything. THe audio equipment in it was done as a 2 car scenario it all can be taken out under an hour making it a track car. I find it hard to believe it would be worth any less than $75000 although id be willing to take an offer. I find it interesting that a site dedicated to just vipers would have any hostility towards another viper? Isnt the viper our common ground here?

#27 ·
No, this is the real world site, where people tell you what they think. This is not some Sesame Street forum where members high five and jack each other off all day. If you do something tacky you are going to get clowned on for it.

The Apex Viper is not from a well-known Viper tuner. The car has highly "unfavorable" chrome/silver crap all over it. Nobody gives a shit if it was in a magazine. The bottom line is you have a 2001 Viper with some mods that no one cares to pay for. You have a guy here asking $60k for a fresh build TT1000+HP Viper in good condition. Way more car for a lot less money.

Realistically, I think you'd be lucky to get $60k, but it's possible. Between $50k and $60k it would sell in time. $45-$50k for a quick sale

#32 ·
Ok fair enough, I would have to go ahead and actually respect the last few things because they are actually backed up with facts and helpful hints, I have much experience with many cars, not much on the Vipers, it seems the Viper Community is alot more abrasive then any other car group enthusiasts, which I dont really understand its not like I am demonizing your site, I do have a gorgeous Viper for sale, the "silver Shit" is not as bad as it may look, Id be open to hear other offers, considering you just said around 60? I am on this site because I do know it is a fmaous Viper and figured Id give Viper guys an opportunity to buy. And if not some helpful hints on how to unload this car. Do some reasearch the internet is loaded with nothing but positive comments about this car, drvibility, fast and beautiful, I dont give a shit if you stuff nitrous in your 96 Viper so now its fast and yes its true in comparison to the new motor upgrades 750hp is a little antiquated but. to get into this thing at 70k or obo "OBO!!!" it could be a great ride and with the new viper being based off this gen body style it could go up in value !!

#35 ·
I am on this site because I do know it is a fmaous Viper and figured Id give Viper guys an opportunity to buy.
It's famous the way Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson are famous.
Dahmer got beaten to death in prison with a broomstick and Manson is still flinging shit at the parole board every few years.
You don't want that kind of famous.

You won't get $50k for this car. In fact, that's even extremely generous.
S.

#33 ·
Every other car brand that i have dealt with thru forums have been helpful and hold pride in the brand they basically represent I cant believe the immature, inappropriate comments in regaards to a great car I am just trying to pass on to the next car freak!! Jeez People relax

#43 ·
'cause we doant take kindlee to folk who doant take kindlee to us 'round heer

#34 ·
Looking at those pics, there is a lot of yellow everywhere on that car. A whole lot of yellow. A fuckload of yellow. My rods and cones are all screwed up there's so much yellow. In fact, most of it is yellow. Did everybody see all that yellow? It's impossible to miss so much yellow.
S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.