Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Don't buy that fake carbon fiber...

5K views 53 replies 18 participants last post by  MTGTS 
#1 · (Edited)
...are you guys kidding me? I didn't want to hijack that guys thread. That crap belongs on civics.

Hear is the scoop: Gen 2 Center console

100% real CF parts.

NEW part: Not your old part wrapped in fake Carbon Fiber.

Carbon/Kevlar colors available.

Can be wraped in Leather as well (cost extra)

Much stronger than the factory part

100% American Made....no cheap Chinese junk.

UV Coated.

Price: $600 + Shipping.

On sale Nov. 1st 2009.

Pics will be posted on that day.

If your center console is cracked, price new with 20% discount is $775 + Shipping.

The Mayhem is coming soon.

See less See more
#11 ·
You need to use a special type of leather for car dashes. It is a little more expensive than regular , but not that much more. A good seamstress is not cheap. You are paying more for the labor than the cost of the leather. There is also the Viper Tax that comes with those leather dashes.

#50 ·
Might as well. I am about 6in away from being banned for the 3rd or 4th time at the VCA.

Enjoy.

Hear is the scoop: Gen 2 Center console

100% real CF parts.

NEW part: Not your old part wrapped in fake Carbon Fiber.

Carbon/Kevlar colors available.

Can be wraped in Leather as well ($100 for factory Vinyl.)

Much stronger than the factory part

100% American Made....no cheap Chinese junk.

UV Coating Standard.

Price: $600 + Shipping.

On sale Nov. 1st 2009.

Pics will be posted on that day.

If your center console is cracked, price new with 20% discount is $775 + Shipping.

The Mayhem is coming soon.

Attachments

#52 ·
Some honest feedback: great idea and I'm impressed that you have gotten this far.

My first thought when I opened the photo was: "looks very unfinished and rough". It does not look clearcoated and polished nor trimmed properly.

I assume that's a prototype, not a finished product?

#53 ·
You are correct!

As a tease I used prototype #1. It is…the ugliest of them all.

Prototype One: The cut is rough, the vacuum placement needed adjustment but the mold is right on. Big “D” did a great job with that.

You are also correct that we didn't bother to gel coat it (UV coating). Good eyes!

Link to were I posted it first.

Carbon Fiber Console teaser pic... - ViperForums.net Dodge Viper Forum

#54 ·
We put the test piece in my car tonight. Looks real nice against the cognac. Will look even better as a gell coated finished product. Fitment was very good, especially for a prototype. Bobby took some pics and I'll let him post them when he's ready. I'm gonna test this piece out for him for a week or so and provide him with som more feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.