Fellow Viper Owner,
This August, we will be participating in a great event. Along with Viper Days Viper driving instruction, we will be having a Beat The Heat event at the track. So clear your schedule for August, and prepare to have some Texas Viper fun! IF you have never done a Viper Days event, then you really need to. Having participated in the past, I can tell you that you learn so much about not only what your car can do, but also what you can do. It helps you with your daily driving as well has higher performance driving. This is MUST for any Viper owner! J
The plan is in the following bullet points:
- IF you are participating in the Viper Days class instruction, please reference this email and you could receive a discount applicable to your instruction time. NARRA Online
o A message from Ben Keating (one of the fastest Viper Drivers at TWS) himself: Whether your members are cruisers, or polishers, or track junkies, or racers, or they just don’t know yet, they can learn at their own speed. We want them to feel comfortable doing whatever they are comfortable with. We are all about safety and learning. We provide a great classroom environment, as well as first class instructors that ride in your car with you while you learn. With a stand alone driving school, and a time trials series, and a completely separate racing series, we have a perfect fit for everyone. If you’ve been to other track events, I think you would be very impressed with Viper Days. We really feel like we provide an atmosphere and an event that is a step above the others.
· Our school is comprised of both classroom instruction and instructors that ride in your car with you.
· We grid each session according to lap times in the previous session in order to reduce the amount of passing necessary and increase safety.
· We have track side support available to help keep you on track and avoid “losing your weekend”.
· You will not find the typical “track train” at our events where everyone is following a slower car around the track.
· You get many more “clean laps” than what I have seen at other events.
· We also do not attract the $1,500 ‘beater track car”.
o I could go on and on, but my point is that we run a first class event. Having said that, my favorite thing about this series is the people. This is the best group of people I’ve ever worked with. Everyone is 100% friendly and helpful. The competition is fun & friendly, rather than mean or ugly. We have a lot of fun together. Because I live and work in Texas, I have a special motivation to make sure the Texas events are successful. If there is anything I can do to help get your members interested in coming to the event, let me know.
- IF you are already signed up for the school…then I don’t need to explain to you the awesome benefits of doing this event. Jhttp://www.viperdays.com/
- IF you have not signed up for the event, then you have a couple of options.
o You can sign up on site for Viper Days instruction and have a blast
o You can participate in the “Beat The Heat” events at Texas World Speedway!
§ Once you pay the nominal $20 or so per car to come into the parkway you get the following:
§ Free Air Conditioned rooms will be available for folks to chill out in
§ Free trackside access/seats to the races!!!!
§ Free paddock access to all race crew and drivers!!!!
§ Free shade sitting space IN THE PADDOCK! Where you can wonder around and talk to the different race car drivers and see first hand the work that goes into making these cars what they are
§ Free cold water at the Central Texas Paddock area along with cooling fans
§ Free seating area at the Central Texas Paddock area (you should bring your own chairs)
§ Free Viper Q/A”, where the experts will answer questions you have about your Viper from tires to what kind of oil should I be using…you don’t want to miss this.
§ Free parade laps (safe lead and follow) around TWS before lunch
§ Free group photo at the finish line with everyone and their car following the parade lap (this makes for one heck of a garage wall picture)
§ Free (or almost J )Open slalom course for those who want to try out their car but don’t want do so on the track
§ Free stand seats to watch the races and take some fantastic pictures of Vipers tearing up the track!
§ Free Caravan to and from the track from Central Texas Meeting point
So, IF you want to participate in the “Beat The Heat” Saturday activities, simple follow the bullet points below:
- Promptly leave the Gattiland Parking lot (corner of I-35 and Highway 79) at 7:00am on August 29th. Please insure you have a full tank of gas prior to arriving. I know it’s early…but you have to pay to play J
- Lunch and breakfast will be available onsite (please bring cash).
- Dinner will be after the event (around 5) and will be at a local eatery.
- Caravan back to our homes where our nice soft beds await us after a full day of enjoyment J
IF you have ANY questions feel free to contact me and I can put you in touch with the appropriate parties to answer your questions about this fantastic event! Before the 29th, we will hold a Q/A track session here in Austin at one of the local Viper shops. An Invite will go out later this month.