Gen II Clutch -- EXEDY clutch... feedback please - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Gen II Clutch -- EXEDY clutch... feedback please

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old December 7th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #1

supermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 points

Anyone using EXEDY clutch setup on their Gen II. Can you give me the good, bad and ugly on it? I need to have the transmission dropped to replace my slave cylinder, so decided to do a aluminum flyweel and clutch upgrade.

thanks for any advise. Any recommendation for a clutch setup for Stock GTS?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #2

Buddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 pointsBuddha is not afraid of bears with 204680 points
I would just replace it with a stock unit..

Old December 8th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #3

supermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 pointssupermagna made Varsity with 784 points
I was leaning toward that too, but saw this kit with an aluminum flywheel. Just wondered if anyone out there has used it.

thanks

Old December 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #4

IDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 pointsIDWIN is The Man with 2180 points
No experience with it in a GTS, although I have a Exedy twin disk in my Supercharged ZO6 Corvette (657 RWHP) and it holds that with ease.. No chatter, not heavy, etc..

As bushido said, for your car i would use a stocker.. But, if you have plans for some serious HP mods in the future, now would be the time to upgrade it.

Old December 10th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #5

White Out made Varsity with 1182 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 1182 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 1182 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 1182 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 1182 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 1182 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 1182 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 1182 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 1182 points
I don't know about Viper. But on a STi, the Exedy oem replacement held 400awhp on over 20 drag passes. A spec Stage II on 340awhp couldn't hold after 10 passes.
The Spec oem replacement on the WRX 5 speed held 300awhp and had great pedal pressure.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in