Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

TT Lambo vs. Ford GT and SC SRT-10

3K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  TOOOFST 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
These type of bogus videos are becoming quite an annoyance. How does an 800hp Lambo walk away from an 800hp Viper, so significantly? Either that Viper did not have 800hp or the driver was not racing. It also looked as though they were neck and neck and then suddenly, the Viper slowed down. When I look at the landscape in the background, it is clear that the Viper slowed down by either braking or letting off the gas, completely. The Ford GT video seemed ridiculous, also. I doubt the Lambo could run away from the GT that badly.

#26 · (Edited)
Im not buying the outcome of the races either ...

I ran faster MPH than the TT Gallardo did recently did setting the record , with my FGT with just a pulley swap and on Stock tires.

theres no way the murci would walkout like that.

EDIT: after watching the video again ... the races are COMPLETE bullshit. guaranteed.

#20 ·
Werd.

Remember the movie "Supdawgs2", that was posted here a few months ago that had a supra racing a white/blue pullied FGT and a Final Edition with Paolo's kit on it....

The pullied GT stood a much better chance at that 1k+ rwhp supra than it did to this "800+ hp" Murci.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngyOuHqgnuM]YouTube - Supdawgs 2[/ame]

So after further review.....I'm gonna call BS as well.

#16 ·
The SRT in the video was built by DLM as well. As hard as it is to believe I have to imagine why Doug would make his blower install on the SRT look so foolish racing his TT unless it was a valid race. I do not happen to believe a 800-900 DLM SRT like Richie's would get smoked like this. I suppose it is possible the DLM Paxton in this video is only a stage 1 build running 600 rwhp or so. Then the outcome we saw would make sense. I also believe that an 800+ rwhp TT murcie would destroy the GT who couldnt have been putting more than 600 to the wheels.

#15 ·
Now it's time for Doug to do a twin turbo package for the new LP640 and it's lights-out for any other lambo... :D

I don't know how 'legit' the video's are either, but i will say...a twin turbo murci is a WHOLE lot more impressive and 'exotic' than a Gallardo tt.....a 6.2L V-12 Twin Turbo!?!? Come-on,' now THAT'S 'baller' lol...

#22 ·
I posted this a few months back on another forum. this is an awesome car dont get me wrong but i think more time could have been spent on it to get more than just a 200bhp addition over stock. Maybe have it making over 1000 like the TT Diablos were 10 years ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clqZrEHORo]YouTube - Doug Levin Motorsports Twin Turbo Lamborghini Murcielago[/ame]

I want to start off by saying that this is by far the fastest car I have ever had a chance to ride in. There aren't too many words to describe what a TT Murcie feels and sounds like. The best description I had heard today is that it sounds like a jet.

Doug Levin Passed by my hotel to take me out for a spin. Besides his wife I was the first person to ride in the passenger seat, and it was truly an honor. As nice of a guy as it gets, and a true car enthusiast. Very down to earth and humble.

Driveability:

The car has the manneurisms and driveability of a regular Murcielago. The car is driven with the stock clutch for the time being, and if you are a careful and cogniscent driver, the stock clutch should hold for a LONG time (ie no slippage, and no clutch smell at stops.) Exhaust sounds like a regular aftermarket exhaust until you hit boost then it screams like a redheaded stepchild. We were holding conversations while on the highway, and people typically buy a Lamborghini for the noise anyways. A/C worked perfectly, no gargle of backfire while downshifting or letting off of the throttle.

Power:

Very smooth and linear power delivery. Boost kicks in early (around 2.5k-3k rpms), after that the front end lifts, the wastegates open and the redline comes up faster than one could possibly imagine. Lag is basically non existant. The Murci is a quick revving car as it is. The car makes 800hp at the motor. It feels like more than that if you can imagine it. I have been in a Murcie Roadster under hard aceleration, and this feels 2 times as fast under boost. The car will spin all 4 wheels all through 1st, and I would imagine part of second gear. The blowoff valve noise under hard accelleration is louder than any Supra I have heard. Especially in a open topped Roadster. I have to imagine that when he was on it, it must have been an almost scary situation to be next to the car. If you the type of person that doesn't like attention, do not put a tt on your lambo. It is an indescribable sound that this car makes that gave me goosebumps. Nothing I have heard compares to it. Including being next to a Tubi'ed Enzo at over 100mph. It is absolutely incredible. The A/F at idle was 14.7 which is ideal as it gets.

Looks:

Doug is known for being a perfectionist, and this kit really looks amazing. It is still being R&D'ed, but everything is where it should be. The lifteable air ducts on the side provide air to the air to water intercooler that keeps the kit cool. Everything is either coated with heat resistant material, or thermal wrapped. The kit sits far back in the engine as seen from the pictures I posted earlier. Everyone around this car seemed as if they were forced to look at this car. Caused quite a hooplah at the lobby entrance of the hotel. I can go on and on about looks, but its a Lambo of course it is gorgeous.

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.