Center Console - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Center Console

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Center Console
Old July 21st, 2003, 09:50 AM   #1

Super Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 points
Center Console

Does anyone have the best method for removing the center console so that I can have access to the center console speaker? I haven't started prying yet, and would like advice on how to do it prior to tearing anything apart. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Center Console
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:20 AM   #2
par

par is unremarkable with 10 points

The speaker has a round rubber thing around the outer edge.
remove the rubber thing and the speaker grille comes off. After that you have access to the 4 screws that you can use to remove the speaker.

It's pretty easy to do, and you don't need to remove the entire console.

Be careful with poking around the bottom part of the hole where the speaker is mounted, that's where the alarm reset switch comes up. If you break it you get all kinds of trouble with the alarm system. Trust a man with experience on this one...

Old July 21st, 2003, 10:30 AM   #3

Super Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 pointsSuper Squirrel made Varsity with 950 points

Par,

invaluable advice. Thanks, I was about to pry the whole console off! Thanks for hundreds in savings. The bottom part of the whole? I'll look for it. How easy is it to get the rubber ring back untattered?

Old July 21st, 2003, 11:21 AM   #4
par

You just push the rubber ring back in. It's very easy!

Inside the opening for the speaker, close to the bottom of the opening is a round metal "thing" with two wires attached. It's the key controlled alarm over ride. Make sure you don't break it -it's a pain in the butt to fix.

Old July 21st, 2003, 11:22 AM   #5

Snake Bitten is well liked with 170 pointsSnake Bitten is well liked with 170 points

Service Manual = Priceless

Old July 21st, 2003, 11:36 AM   #6
par

Buddy with a service manual and tools = invaluable [img]/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in