New Viper Classified: Sapphire Blue with Silver Stripes - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

New Viper Classified: Sapphire Blue with Silver Stripes

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 26th, 2007, 06:05 AM   #1

BJMotors made Varsity with 790 pointsBJMotors made Varsity with 790 pointsBJMotors made Varsity with 790 pointsBJMotors made Varsity with 790 pointsBJMotors made Varsity with 790 pointsBJMotors made Varsity with 790 pointsBJMotors made Varsity with 790 points

A new Classified Ad has been posted to the Vipers For Sale section:

Description: 2001 Sapphire Blue GTS - 985 Miles - 1B3ER69E91V701137 - 1 of 86 produced with factory stripes. This was a local one owner car in Virginia. The car is like new. Sapphire Blue with Silver Stripes and not a blemish anywhere on this new Viper. 100%stock with no modifications. Everything as standard on your 01 GTS - ABS, etc. For more information please give me a call 1-804-784-7208. How many times can you say you have found a car with less than 1000 miles. This color combination is stunning !

Ad link: click here to view ad
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #2

The Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 points
Wow, that is low mileage. I still don't understand how people can buy these cars and not drive them.

Old March 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #3

xxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 points
I was thinking the same.. then saw a guy had one displayed and checked it out, only had 2200 miles on it but looked like crap. I asked why it was so dirty, the engine looked to be driven to its limit and the entire body messed up, he said just regular driving. Then I brought up the point of had he changed the cluster, got really pissed and left. I think some guys change it...

Old March 26th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Diamond Supporter

KepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 pointsKepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 pointsKepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 pointsKepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 pointsKepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 points
you can disconnect the speedo in 5 minutes but you will need to swap PCMs too.

BJ KNOWS HIS SHIT. You cant go wrong with anything he has.

Old March 26th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #5

woodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 points
Total devil's advocate here, but with the 'old style' speedo's who's to say these companies aren't turning these miles back.

I've wondered this about my own car w 10k miles on it.
I'm sure it's not brain surgery.

0 accusations but it's 'all about the miles' to most. Not to me to be honest, but there is no wayyyyyy all of these cars have such low miles. ( MANY dealers included ).

If I'm wrong, and I hope I am, so be it.

Again no negatives to anyone reselling their car on here or elsewhere. Apologies to anyone taking this the wrong way.
But def. on my mind.

Company I purchased my car from which I won't name, great service etc...
I've since seen in the past year, the same year and same color car with almost IDENTICAL miles on more than 3 of em.

Coincidence?
I don't care as I love my car but it does pose a valid question.

Last edited by woodyz viper; March 26th, 2007 at 09:40 PM.

Old March 26th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #6

The Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 points
I'm curious about how simple it is to roll back these odometers as well.

The only dead giveaway that I can think of in finding out if the mileage has been tampered with is if the carfax doesn't match up, but other than that I have no idea.

Old March 27th, 2007, 01:09 AM   #7
Diamond Supporter

KepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 pointsKepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 pointsKepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 pointsKepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 pointsKepRght is kissing alot of ass around here with 460 points
the real way would be to disconnect the spedo & put in a performance PCM or aem. hold onto the OE PCM (it stores the mileage in the computer) until you want to sell the car. drive it 50k miles or all you want & take good care of it. you will have no trouble hooking back up the ODO & putting in the OE PCM & selling the car with 5000 miles on it.

FUCKING SHADY AS HELL. But ITS POSSIBLE.

my gts has a ton of miles, so no, this isnt my blue print for sucess.

Old March 27th, 2007, 06:11 AM   #8

clearcut3 is well liked with 210 pointsclearcut3 is well liked with 210 pointsclearcut3 is well liked with 210 points
I think the reason you see so many Vipers with low miles is the same reason for most:

- It's not exactly the best DD on the planet
- Most people want one forever and when they finally get it they hate to drive the thing places and park it for fear of someone screwing with it
- I hate driving mine on the interstate because of the "gawkers"

Old March 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #9

xxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 pointsxxViperxx made Varsity with 1220 points
I Love my GTS to death and with only 13k miles on it, Hmmm.. maybe in 10yrs I still may have 13k miles.. lol

What I don't get is the risk people take to do crap like that, I mean ya it might get you 5-10k more but is the risk worth it - NOPE.

Time to go for a spin, I bought it to enjoy mine, not to store the sucker up in a "heated" garage and then sell it for someone else to enjoy..

VROOOOM VROOOM

Old March 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #10

Way too much effort and risk. Just drive the damn car and enjoy it. I for one love to see these cars with tons of miles. It means the owner wasn't a pansy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in