SVS calling out JOHN HENNESSEY to the STANDING MILE - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

SVS calling out JOHN HENNESSEY to the STANDING MILE

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #1

SVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 points

Where's the first standing mile showdown going to be?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #2
Supporting Vendor

John Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 points
be careful what you wish for cowboy.

it would be nice to run at goliad this winter.

Old November 6th, 2006, 10:38 AM   #3

SVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hennessey View Post
be careful what you wish for cowboy.

it would be nice to run at goliad this winter.

I'm careful and I'm not wishing.

How about NAS Lemoore in California?

How about telling the magazines and we'll have a standing mile shootoff?

SVS race Viper and street Vipers

vs.

Hennessey race Viper and street Vipers

Let's make it happen

Old November 6th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #4

Paul Beach is definately JV with 320 pointsPaul Beach is definately JV with 320 pointsPaul Beach is definately JV with 320 pointsPaul Beach is definately JV with 320 points
Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Beach

Old November 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #5

Tanked is definately a better person than you are with 410 pointsTanked is definately a better person than you are with 410 pointsTanked is definately a better person than you are with 410 pointsTanked is definately a better person than you are with 410 pointsTanked is definately a better person than you are with 410 points
I'm with Paul.

This should be good.....if it happens.

Old November 6th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #6

pptmstr is unremarkable with 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS Turbo View Post

I'm careful and I'm not wishing.

How about NAS Lemoore in California?

How about telling the magazines and we'll have a standing mile shootoff?

SVS race Viper and street Vipers

vs.

Hennessey race Viper and street Vipers

Let's make it happen

what kind of street vipers do you have to race hennessey in the mile with? any info?

Old November 6th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #7

The Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 points
This sounds like it could be good. I hope you guys actually set it up.

Old November 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #8

Paul Beach is definately JV with 320 pointsPaul Beach is definately JV with 320 pointsPaul Beach is definately JV with 320 pointsPaul Beach is definately JV with 320 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by pptmstr View Post
what kind of street vipers do you have to race hennessey in the mile with? any info?
They had a GTS with turbos that made 650 hp apiece in their "Case Studies" section. It would have been cool to see it built, tuned, and ran.

Old November 6th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pptmstr View Post
The kind that will kick his ass

Old November 6th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS Turbo View Post
The kind that will kick his ass

Old November 6th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #11

CHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 points
Why would the most popular guy you know bring the limelight to your otherwise unknown sport, Sport?

Old November 6th, 2006, 12:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAD View Post
Why would the most popular guy you know bring the limelight to your otherwise unknown sport, Sport?
The Viper itself is more unkown along with it's potential. They're really trying to bring the lime light to the Viper in general and start something positive for it. You modded guys are in somewhat of a secret society hidden in plain view. Go out on foot, leave the Viper at home, and just ask random people in their middle years (18 to around 30, give or take a year or 2) such as your mall goers and out door cafe and restaurant hangouts about what they think is the fastest sports car around. You're going to hear the common exotics first and then tell them you have an 1800 hp Viper (Chad) and watch the reactions.

Old November 6th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #13

CHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 pointsCHAD is not afraid of bears with 3160 points
You are one wierd dude. I am curious though, have you made it to the "middle years" yet?

Old November 6th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #14
Supporting Vendor

John Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 pointsJohn Hennessey is not afraid of bears with 3779 points
Lemoore would be great. But getting in their requires the approval of a 4-star admiral. So i think those opportunities are few and far between. Goliad is a much more realistic test venue.

If we could get an event at Goliad in Feb. then who else would want to come and play?

Old November 6th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #15
Diamond Supporter

Viper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 pointsViper4Christ is not afraid of bears with 45806 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Beach View Post
The Viper itself is more unkown along with it's potential. They're really trying to bring the lime light to the Viper in general and start something positive for it. You modded guys are in somewhat of a secret society hidden in plain view.
Right, but so what? I mean honestly why do you feel we need to exploit ourselfs to the whole masses to gain what? The more you exploit the more common you become. Example, when Gary J had his blue car he made a FEW very well filmed and documents races that skyrocketed him and the car to higher popularity especially on the net. Had he made a whole bunch of street and track runs like the stang and chevy guys it would have been over exposed and people would be more willing to shrug it off. Chad set his goals.. reached them and has moved on, ok fine. And in general people look positive on the Viper thanks to DC and other advertising done on the car. I doubt they need our help in gaining publicity for the car and if they did there's plenty of tuners to do "demo days" like the video clips JH has on his site where TV shows visit his texas plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Beach View Post
Go out on foot, leave the Viper at home, and just ask random people in their middle years (18 to around 30, give or take a year or 2) such as your mall goers and out door cafe and restaurant hangouts about what they think is the fastest sports car around. You're going to hear the common exotics first and then tell them you have an 1800 hp Viper (Chad) and watch the reactions.
Honestly who cares what "mall goers" and cafe hangouts think? I mean this is the VIPER Alley not appeal to kitties and teens alley. You've posted here enough to know and understand what crowd your dealing with by now. If i'm in a store and car talk starts around me i'll bring up turbo Vipers but even then so what? You know how that talk goes, starts out normal then before you know it everyones talking about how their mustang or honda/supra will beat everything in the world.. CHEAP talk, that were not interested in.
I consider it a blessing that the Viper, for it's looks, class, huge performance is in a higher class then most other cars, and the fact that most everyone here... LETS THEIR CAR DO THE TALKING FOR THEM :bigsmile:

John 3:16

Old November 6th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #16

Quote:
You are one wierd dude. I am curious though, have you made it to the "middle years" yet?
I'll be 18 this month on the 27th.

Old November 6th, 2006, 01:51 PM   #17
CS
Focus!

CS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 points
Won't happen, but it would be cool if it did. Maybe you guys should call Larry Macedo and see if Larry Macedo would set something up at Larry Macedo's home turf in Florida. Maybe if Larry Macedo is going to Bradenton you all could race Larry Macedo and see what tuner comes out on top.

Hopefully Larry Macedo will bring a 750 RWHP Roe car that rides like a Lexus, drives like a stocker, accelerates like a Heffner car, and leaves little wisps of cotton candy instead of exhaust and burned fuel.

Old November 6th, 2006, 01:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper4Christ View Post
Honestly who cares what "mall goers" and cafe hangouts think? I mean this is the VIPER Alley not appeal to kitties and teens alley. You've posted here enough to know and understand what crowd your dealing with by now. If i'm in a store and car talk starts around me i'll bring up turbo Vipers but even then so what? You know how that talk goes, starts out normal then before you know it everyones talking about how their mustang or honda/supra will beat everything in the world.. CHEAP talk, that were not interested in.
I consider it a blessing that the Viper, for it's looks, class, huge performance is in a higher class then most other cars, and the fact that most everyone here... LETS THEIR CAR DO THE TALKING FOR THEM :bigsmile:
It's more of a census to see who knows about what goes on these days in the automotive world than really caring about what they think or pleasing them. For obvious reasons you only tell them about a TT Viper if they give you an exotic response.

Old November 6th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Won't happen, but it would be cool if it did. Maybe you guys should call Larry Macedo and see if Larry Macedo would set something up at Larry Macedo's home turf in Florida. Maybe if Larry Macedo is going to Bradenton you all could race Larry Macedo and see what tuner comes out on top.

Hopefully Larry Macedo will bring a 750 RWHP Roe car that rides like a Lexus, drives like a stocker, accelerates like a Heffner car, and leaves little wisps of cotton candy instead of exhaust and burned fuel.
bwahahahahahaha

Old November 6th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Sport? What are you my FAKING gym teacher?

If he doesn't want to bring his limelight to a calling out then his limelight is lacking something John has never not shown up for a race so I know he'll show up for sure.

Here's what's being worked on right now:

Viper Standing Mile Showdown for Viper tuners:
Bring fastest unlimted Viper and customer street Vipers to compete.
Who's in?

You should read history and you'll realize that landspeed sanctioned racing is the oldest form of racing in US history. It's unknown to you because you have only traveled a short distance (1/4 mile) in your knowledge of engine performance. It's not as popular, YET, because there hasn't been many places for people to run their rides. It's growing fast and everytime we go to an event the entries double. More people want to try it. It's not as abusive on your ride as the 1/4 mile and the best part is:

The standing mile is a better representaion of gauging what a streetcars performance is for actually driving your street car on the street with street setup and street tires for the distance of a mile.

There's alot of Viper owners on the forums that are interested in seeing what it takes to get to 200mph in the mile.

800rwhp?, 900rwhp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in