Repaint or coat valve covers - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Repaint or coat valve covers

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 17th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #1

snkbyt is a B-Teamer with 90 points

The right side valve cover on my 99RT is bubbled and starting to peel. I see where some guys change to polished aluminum so you would think some spare used ones would be floating around. I haven't been able to find any. This winter I could take tme off and get repainted but can't find who does that on Viper covers either. Krinkle paint or is it powdercoat.We have a powder coater here but he doesn't know where to get the product?? or paint.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #2

BDZ1984 is unremarkable with 40 points
Send a message via AIM to BDZ1984
powder coat them... pics of what mine look like can be found here...

Index of /Brian-Viper

Old September 17th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #3

GTSnake is well liked with 190 pointsGTSnake is well liked with 190 points
Used ones are impossible to find. I had mine powder coated and it turned out terrible. The shop was not experienced with magnesium. Yet I've seen others that powder coated and turned out like glass. I guess it depends on the guy doing it.

Old September 17th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #4

Location: Viper #4 is a red Coupe! (Allentown, PA, USA, Earth)
Denny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 pointsDenny Wagner is not afraid of bears with 32616 points
Glass bead 'em and clearcoat....looks slick for cheeeeep!!

Old September 17th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #5

Mccarlin is definately JV with 300 pointsMccarlin is definately JV with 300 pointsMccarlin is definately JV with 300 pointsMccarlin is definately JV with 300 points
Contact PBJ (performance by joe) he just had my valve covers powdercoated and they came out AMAZING!!! The price was GREAT as well.

Old September 18th, 2006, 01:58 AM   #6

snkbyt is a B-Teamer with 90 points
Brian, gorgeous pics and car. Really like the valve covers. are they the crinkle coat like factory? who did them for you so I can ship mine out this winter. PMok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in