Fan module swap? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Fan module swap?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Fan module swap?
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #1

banton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 points
Fan module swap?

The fan on my '97 is vibrating and has some play in it, so I was thinking of swapping in a '99 style fan as it is larger and positioned better (centered) vs. the offset fan on my '97. Have others done this and is the '99 module a direct swap or is there drilling, etc. to install it on a '97?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #2
Enthusiast

westcoast is well liked with 220 pointswestcoast is well liked with 220 pointswestcoast is well liked with 220 points
yes this is a direct replacment, will bolt right in no problem!

Old August 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #3

C O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 points
Easy swap.... bolts right in.

Let me know if you want to sell your old take off.

Old August 20th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #4

banton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 pointsbanton is not afraid of bears with 36200 points
Great. Thanks for the input!

Cody, as for selling the current module, not sure if I will repair it or sell it right now.

Old August 20th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #5

SupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
yes this is a direct replacment, will bolt right in no problem!
And you speak from experience? I think not.

Direct fit....yes...AFTER you remove one of the studs. The mounts are 99.9% prefectly matched....except for one.

I would say will bolt right in, VERY LITTLE problem.

Old August 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM   #6
Enthusiast

MacManInfi is a B-Teamer with 50 points
Yeah. The studs unscrew from their base very easily with a set of adjustable pliars too, so don't cut them off, just unscrew the studs. The new fan only uses the two left and two right studs. Both the middle studs are unused, so I pulled them both and put them in a safe place in case I ever want them later.

I have a '97 as well and the new fan makes a difference.

Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:46 PM   #7
Enthusiast

westcoast is well liked with 220 pointswestcoast is well liked with 220 pointswestcoast is well liked with 220 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeSCViper View Post
And you speak from experience? I think not.

Direct fit....yes...AFTER you remove one of the studs. The mounts are 99.9% prefectly matched....except for one.

I would say will bolt right in, VERY LITTLE problem.
gee a little picky, very little in the viper community bolt's right in.

have a nice day!

Old August 23rd, 2006, 04:59 AM   #8

SupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 pointsSupremeSCViper made Varsity with 1230 points
Maybe a little picky....but it sure is nice to NOT have surprises....even if they are tiny ones.

Some guy may only have a little time set aside....it might me nice if he has a clear picture of what he needs to do.

Literally speaking...it will NOT bolt right in. If we are going to provide information for people who are venturing into the DIY area of their cars....lets, at the very least, provide as much detailed information as we can...and hopefully from first-hand experience.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:12 PM   #9

C O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 pointsC O D Y is kissing alot of ass around here with 530 points
If you can change the oil on your car, you can swap the fans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in