Former vette owner... New viper owner - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen I & II Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering Gen-I and Gen-II models.

Former vette owner... New viper owner

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 20th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #1

woodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 points

Hello to all..
New to the forum, just bought my 2000 RT black on black 10k mile beast a few weeks ago.
Traded my triple black 99 c5 6 speed Vette for it, and I must say....
It's anotherrrrrrr world and I love it ! Only way to describe it...
Instant celebrity...
SICKKKKKK car !!! Simply sick !

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions on this car so wanted to join the site right away.

First plans, Corsa exhaust ( had one on Vette and by far best exhaust I have ever owned ...the car is simply too quiet... sounds like it's suffocating )... and possibly smooth tubes and the K&N's.... Wasn't sure if this mod is worthy of doing or not.

Also, hard top seems loose behind the driver's side a bit, but owners manual doesn't show how to tighten it at all.. Not detailed anyway.

All a learning experience, but it's fast, it's sick, it's a goddamned animal... and I love it !!!

-Woody
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #2

PIT VIPER is definately JV with 330 pointsPIT VIPER is definately JV with 330 pointsPIT VIPER is definately JV with 330 pointsPIT VIPER is definately JV with 330 points
congrats!

Old March 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Bitches be crazy!

dblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 pointsdblankenbaker hangs with the Hiddens with 570 points
Congratulations! Corsa is the way to go IMHO. K&Ns will help the exhaust sound too. I don't have any experience w/the factory hardtop, so I can't help you there.

Oh... and you can't go wrong with BLACK!!!

Old March 20th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #4

Paul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 points
Fucking traitor. Couldn't get a woody, Woody, so you sold a perfectly good Corvette and bought a Viper? That snake ain't gonna help your snake get any livelier. Welcome to the Alley.

Old March 20th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #5

woodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 pointswoodyz viper made Varsity with 1240 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Fucking traitor. Couldn't get a woody, Woody, so you sold a perfectly good Corvette and bought a Viper? That snake ain't gonna help your snake get any livelier. Welcome to the Alley.
Well I now know I'm in the right place !! LOL
Fucking animals like myself !!!

Also, I'm up here in the Boston area, so anyone around with Snakes, let me know as I'll be cruising to many a show this year.

Old March 20th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #6

slaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 pointsslaughterj is not afraid of bears with 21303 points
You can do some adjusting on the back of the RT tops, and also will rarely need to tighten the front brackets. Even then you will still hear some chattering over rough terrain, unless you do the European rubber fix (search europe and my username in this forum to find a link to pics on the fix).

Old March 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #7

The Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 pointsThe Great One is not afraid of bears with 6540 points
When I saw your user ID, I actually thought you bought Woody's GTS

https://www.viperalley.com/classified...2&cat=2&page=2

Sounds like a nice car. Hurry up and post some pics!!

Old March 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #8

Bladed is a B-Teamer with 70 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyz viper
Hello to all..
New to the forum, just bought my 2000 RT black on black 10k mile beast a few weeks ago.
Instant celebrity...

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions on this car so wanted to join the site right away.

First plans, Corsa exhaust ( had one on Vette and by far best exhaust I have ever owned ...the car is simply too quiet... sounds like it's suffocating )... and possibly smooth tubes and the K&N's.... Wasn't sure if this mod is worthy of doing or not.

Also, hard top seems loose behind the driver's side a bit, but owners manual doesn't show how to tighten it at all.. Not detailed anyway.

All a learning experience, but it's fast, it's sick, it's a goddamned animal... and I love it !!!

-Woody
I am right behind you.....sold my Z06....the hunt has begun...

Old March 20th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #9

Paul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 pointsPaul is not afraid of bears with 4410 points
Erectile dysfunction must be spreading like wildfire.

Old March 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #10

nuck is a B-Teamer with 60 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
When I saw your user ID, I actually thought you bought Woody's GTS

https://www.viperalley.com/classified...2&cat=2&page=2

Sounds like a nice car. Hurry up and post some pics!!
Me too. Sweet car. I wonder where it ended up.

Old March 20th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #11
Suspended

mamovaka is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsmamovaka is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsmamovaka is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsmamovaka is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 pointsmamovaka is kissing alot of ass around here with 480 points
Woodzy..

did you have any apprehension buying your 2000? being that it is a 6 year old car? I am looking at that year range also (2000-1999) and I would be selling a very new lotus to get one.. any thoughts/comments?

Old March 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #12

Midwest Muscle made Varsity with 1030 pointsMidwest Muscle made Varsity with 1030 pointsMidwest Muscle made Varsity with 1030 pointsMidwest Muscle made Varsity with 1030 pointsMidwest Muscle made Varsity with 1030 pointsMidwest Muscle made Varsity with 1030 pointsMidwest Muscle made Varsity with 1030 pointsMidwest Muscle made Varsity with 1030 points
Mamo, how many posts are you going to mention this Lotus vs Viper quandry? Just buy the Viper already!

Woody, I can relate. I've owned a handful of Vettes, but there's just something different about the Viper. Can't really describe it!

Mike M

Old March 22nd, 2006, 10:09 AM   #13
RMPL

sundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 pointssundiego is not afraid of bears with 175596 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Muscle
Mamo, how many posts are you going to mention this Lotus vs Viper quandry? Just buy the Viper already!

Woody, I can relate. I've owned a handful of Vettes, but there's just something different about the Viper. Can't really describe it!

Mike M
Torque?

Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:56 PM   #14

Sir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamovaka
Woodzy..

did you have any apprehension buying your 2000? being that it is a 6 year old car? I am looking at that year range also (2000-1999) and I would be selling a very new lotus to get one.. any thoughts/comments?
On second thought just stick with the Lotus

Old March 23rd, 2006, 08:50 AM   #15

3Some hangs with the Hiddens with 590 points3Some hangs with the Hiddens with 590 points3Some hangs with the Hiddens with 590 points3Some hangs with the Hiddens with 590 points3Some hangs with the Hiddens with 590 points3Some hangs with the Hiddens with 590 points
Welcome aboard.

Old March 23rd, 2006, 08:21 PM   #16
Enthusiast

TurkishSnowCone is a B-Teamer with 110 pointsTurkishSnowCone is a B-Teamer with 110 points
I just sold my vette too, I should have bought a viper 3 years ago.....

Old March 24th, 2006, 12:25 AM   #17

Sir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 pointsSir Hiss RT is The Man with 1754 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyz viper
Hello to all..
Instant celebrity...

-Woody
I sold my black C5 about a year ago to get my GTS. Although the C5 was a fun car for me the GTS is in another category. Only thing I really liked about the vette is that I could park it just about anywhere downtown on a saturday night and wouldnt worry about it. I can't do that with the GTS, but Its worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen I & II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in