Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

New front brakes, moving front to rear; what bracket?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  JGK95 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I live in The Netherlands and just bought a 2000 RT10 which waits for shipping to Rotterdam. I am planning to modify the brakes in The USA while it is there (and other stuff) and am planning to buy the Roe racing brakes up front and moving the old fronts to the rear. Anybody done that? I think I need a bracket for fitting the rear brakes, but where to buy it? Do I need to alter brake-pressure front and back?

Your help is much appreciated!

Rgs Carlo

#2 ·
I suspect that if Sean recommends moving the fronts to the rear then he has a bracket to do just that. Sean would engineer a complete solution. If you are buying a front brake only kit - then you are most likely DOWNSIZING the pistons to get better balance (a la Stoptech) and if you moved the fronts to the rear with THESE new fronts - you'd be swapping ends at every stop. You have to make sure you are balanced - otherwise, the results could be disastrous.

#3 ·
In all honesty if your not upgrading to a worthy front brake setup it's not the best idea. Yeah ROE makes the bracket, but be careful. In the very least put a proportioning valve inline. For those of us with ABS cars you can modulate it a bit by changing spring pressure in the dist block.

#6 ·
ROGUE GTS said:
Yeah ROE makes the bracket
No, they don't.

One of the earlier posters was just speculating. I asked Sean about this when I put the AP 6-pistons up front, and he said there were clearance problems.

Put a good grippy pad on the back and learn to break, and your stock rears will work fine.

Reactions: Minivan Man
#8 ·
Two sources at the Morgue, Dave (RaceCars) as posted above or Tom aka Tom, F&L GoR enhances the rear brake caliper to a larger size. Check the Supplier's Section.

Additionally, on Paolo's Big Blue N White there are Bigger Brembos up front and the front calipers were moved to the back. This car not only stops on a dime...

It'll throw you through the front windshield!

:nod::nod::nod:

:bigsmile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.